QoL Macros!!!

Jander

I'm finding more and more great macros since coming back into the city. The base TP macros are a game changer! Absolutely love them!

I just put this one together today. Just one button away from the market at all times. Very handy!

/macro BM blackmarket

I'd love to see what other players might feel are "QoL/can't live without" type macros in game. 

6 hours ago, Jander said:

/macro BM blackmarket. 

Isn't  /ah the same? can use auction house anywhere outside a mission or SG, unless the BM *Beavis/Butthead giggle "He said BM* doesn't tax or has a feature I don't  know about.

• Haha 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

5 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Isn't  /ah the same? can use auction house anywhere outside a mission or SG, unless the BM *Beavis/Butthead giggle "He said BM* doesn't tax or has a feature I don't  know about.

hey, where I work we have a BCM a Butt Cleaning Machine (though since it's a gigantic chain flail, I advise against using it for the purpose I have implied)

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

8 hours ago, Jander said:

The base TP macros are a game changer!

Don't get to attached to that one, as iirc it will disappear at some point as wasn't meant to be a player command only for GMs. I think they are waiting to improve the base teleporter power first though.

- /macro find target_customnext x

Replace the x with what you want to find, eg void, boss, winter guard etc. You can use partial text to match (e.g. 'win' would find targets with wnter or winner). You can right click the macro to change the text you search for.

- /bind shift+i toggle incarnate

Brings up i-powers window without digging around for it.

- /macro Q powexec_location target Earthquake

I'll use macros so you can click for powers like earthquake and other location drop powers. The powexeclocation means I can have the target selected by tab, then press the macro (or use the tray key), and it sets the earthquake down centered on that enemy (if within range)). Other location powers work like this too. You can also use 'me' or a distence instead of 'target'.

- /bind Y "dialog_yes" and /bind N "dialog_no"

Not a macro, but lets you press Y or N to instead of clicking on ok/cancel, accept/deny and yes/no dialogs instead of clicking around on screen.

- /macro RF “tell $target, I’m about to move you to my location.$$powexecname recall friend”

For recalling a team mate and telling them.

There are ways to change the icon too if you don't like the grey macro, though if it's a power you won't see a cool down. There's a guide on how in the guide section.

Edited by HeroReborn
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, HeroReborn said:

Don't get to attached to that one, as iirc it will disappear at some point as wasn't meant to be a player command only for GMs. I think they are waiting to improve the base teleporter power first though.

While I believe thats still the case, they aren't removing them until they come up with something to replace them with something more appropriate (which MAY just be adding an  interruptable animation to it, though thats just my guess)

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

This one might be a little niche, but is useful if you're doing contacts in order and don't want to outlevel them. 

/macro_image "DayJob_XPBoost" "XP Toggle" "option_toggle noxp"

It will create a button you can click on that toggles XP gain on and off. It is not compatible with the XP boost from the P2W vendor, though. 

• Like 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

13 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

While I believe thats still the case, they aren't removing them until they come up with something to replace them with something more appropriate (which MAY just be adding an  interruptable animation to it, though thats just my guess)

That'd be just as nice. It's very cool to be able to share a link and visit a friends SG Base as well. Even a recharge time would be fine by me.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:01 AM, boggo2300 said:

I was buying (and still have on my omdest toons) the base to power from p2w. It was rhe bomb on live when i got that vet power. I was showing up nearly first on every TF door with inspirations to boot!  But yeah the /macro shaves a minute off that time. First no animation and then i just run through the base since its not mine and just one room. I am still in the middle of the pack of folks arriving. These people are getting around lightning fast now

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

I was buying (and still have on my omdest toons) the base to power from p2w. It was rhe bomb on live when i got that vet power. I was showing up nearly first on every TF door with inspirations to boot!  But yeah the /macro shaves a minute off that time. First no animation and then i just run through the base since its not mine and just one room. I am still in the middle of the pack of folks arriving. These people are getting around lightning fast now

Last I heard (and I haven't been paying very close attention to this) the suggestion was adding the animation and cooldown from the base teleport to it as a way of making it less get out of jail card like

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 1/6/2020 at 6:01 AM, boggo2300 said:

Best way to upgrade base teleport, pocket d teleport and solo mission transport power is to make them like the ouro portal. Open portal, click portal and zone!

Wish I could *add* some nifty macros, but I really haven't been able to sink the time (and mental energy) in diving into it all enough to contribute. (ahh... Life, you're killing me - and everyone else!)

Anyway, I can tell you one if would LOVE to see/find out: A marco/tray button that would switch my costume at the same time as toggling my Fly/Mystic Flight power AND switch it back when detoggling it.  That would be sooooooo cool! (as a lot of wings just get in the way when you are walking/running around - makes clicking on things a PITA).

On 1/8/2020 at 4:25 PM, 1gecko said:

Wish I could *add* some nifty macros, but I really haven't been able to sink the time (and mental energy) in diving into it all enough to contribute. (ahh... Life, you're killing me - and everyone else!)

Anyway, I can tell you one if would LOVE to see/find out: A marco/tray button that would switch my costume at the same time as toggling my Fly/Mystic Flight power AND switch it back when detoggling it.  That would be sooooooo cool! (as a lot of wings just get in the way when you are walking/running around - makes clicking on things a PITA).

Simple way is to do two keybinds. The following will put you into flight when you press K, activate your zero-slot costume (the default) and play the Inner Will emote (which is fairly simple). Pressing L will drop flight, equip your slot-1 costume and play the same emote. You can change the emote using this list. Copy each one and paste it into chat separately.

/macro k "powexec_toggle_on Fly$$cce 0 CCInnerWill"

/macro l "powexec_toggle_off Fly$$cce 1 CCInnerWill"

If you want to have these as power icons:

/macro_image "Flight_JumpJet" "Spread Your Wings" "powexec_toggle_on Fly$$cce 0 CCInnerWill"

/macro_image "Flight_ArialAssault" "Hide Your Wings" "powexec_toggle_off Fly$$cce 1 CCInnerWill"

I picked the flight icon with wings one and the Aerial Assault one because it looks like someone falling out of the sky. Here is a list of the icons if you want to change it.

For both of them, put your winged costume in the first slot, and your no-wings costume in the second slot.

You could also use a rotating keybind with a guide here but that involves setting up files on your computer and knowing the paths and not something I can do remotely. It's fairly easy, but you don't get the sexy icons.

Edit: Use "cc 1" or cc 0" and leave off the last bit to avoid the transformation emote. There's a cooldown of 15 seconds for costume swaps.

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Thanks 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 1/6/2020 at 1:00 AM, boggo2300 said:

hey, where I work we have a BCM a Butt Cleaning Machine (though since it's a gigantic chain flail, I advise against using it for the purpose I have implied)

At my previous place of work, the big trash containers were these enormous metal containers with hatches on the side for dumping in your trash, with trunnions for the collection truck to lift them overhead, then open the bottom to empty them into the truck. I always used to snicker when I went by them, because they had the logo of the waste management company on them (Browning-Ferris Industries), and as a programmer, when I see "BFI", my first interpretation is 'Brute Force and Ignorance'. It just seemed so appropriate for a waste-management company.

4 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

At my previous place of work, the big trash containers were these enormous metal containers with hatches on the side for dumping in your trash, with trunnions for the collection truck to lift them overhead, then open the bottom to empty them into the truck. I always used to snicker when I went by them, because they had the logo of the waste management company on them (Browning-Ferris Industries), and as a programmer, when I see "BFI", my first interpretation is 'Brute Force and Ignorance'. It just seemed so appropriate for a waste-management company.

Brute Force and Ignorance is how my company operates!! it may not be the motto, but it's definitely the way things work!

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 1/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, Seigmoraig said:

Not so much a macro but 100% QoL

/bind MouseChord "+forward"

This removes the autorun action when you hold left and right click

Probably the first thing i do on every character is binding autorun to the middle mouse button. Makes playing with one hand(due to infant holding responsibilities) easy.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, Communistpenguin said:

Probably the first thing i do on every character is binding autorun to the middle mouse button. Makes playing with one hand(due to infant holding responsibilities) easy.

You might also want to do what I do, which is unbind the default 'mousechord' (lbutton+rbutton) as autorun (++forward); I leave that as '+forward', just take off the extra '+' that makes it continue when you release the buttons. I made up a basic bind file that I apply to every new character:

MouseChord "+forward"
Y "powexecname Fly$$powexecname Mystic Flight"
lctrl+lbutton "powexecname Translocation$$powexecname Teleport"
O "powexec_toggleon Ninja Run$$powexec_toggleon Sprint"
shift+O "powexec_toggleoff Sprint$$powexec_toggleoff Ninja Run"
J powexecname Super Jump
alt+B enterbasefrompasscode XXXXX-XXXXX

The binds for 'Y' and ctrl-leftclick have two powers in them, so they work regardless of whether you have Fly/Mystic Flight or Teleport/Translocation. 'O' turns on Sprint when first tapped, Ninja Run when tapped again (with Sprint running -- notice that toggles activate right-to-left in a bind if you have several in the bind), and shift-O turns them both off. 'J' is pretty self-explanatory, and alt-B takes the character to my vanity SG base.