Regarding Mission Slots

Chronicler J

It's interesting to note that l once found a way to increase # of character slots on mah Private Server. For this it's needed to do following steps:

"\bin\missionserver.exe" - in server software directory - open with HEX editor, find following bytes: "05 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 03 00 00 00", and replace that to e.g. "05 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 E8 03 00 00" to make default # of PublishSlots 1000 (may go for more). That's not all though - and "\missionserver\db_users.txt" - in server software directory needs to be modified as well - to change existing accounts too - all strings with "PublishSlots" in them - to put new publish slot value, and also remove 2 strings with "ParseCRC" and "DataCRC" at start of the file, so missionserver.exe will assume that .txt file valid.

l hope devs will read & examine this information.

• Like 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• 1 month later

Second, third, fourthed. I'd love to give my characters or supergroups a 1-50 arc. Can't do that in three slots while hoping for more.

I've mentioned (repeatedly) not liking the VEAT story arcs. I'd love to have a remade 1-50 for *those,* which would require more than 3.

Or how about "No, I really DO want to play a Nictus." Take the 'shade to redside... and completely miss arcs. Let someone (or many someones) make a path that way!

Or a consistent, non lackey redside arc path! Or an actual rogue/vigilante themed path!

There are plenty of reasons for wanting more slots. This is one thing I'll always go "gimme gimme" to. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Good evening Gentlefolks,

This is from a different thread about the Dev's Choice judges - the number of slots was brought up and Jimmy (Homecoming Staff) posted this (note the first line about slots):

On 1/25/2020 at 7:27 AM, Jimmy said:

@Miss Jersey @Kartanian Please submit a support ticket if you need more mission slots 🙂

Regarding the OP:

1. As @The Philotic Knight pointed out, this has fallen by the wayside as we work on... other things.
  2. It will still be primarily on Discord as that's where all staff co-ordination happens.
  3. We'll either update this post or start a new one in this section when something is happening again.

Cheers,

@Scrapbot