Increase the number of powers that can be placed in auto

DrRocket

2 hours ago, Thezanman said:

All this assumes that it takes any effort or skill whatsoever to click your buffs every two minutes. It doesn't. It's just annoying. Having them on auto doesn't lower the skill requirement at all.

Click when you need it, assume its like a chess move and you have several options on how to devise a strategy.   That is skill and effort, on when to use the power....not just fire and forget.

Assuming you are playing a controller, do you need to drop 3 hard control AoE Hold / Stun / Immobilize....cause the skillfully smart player plans if they need a single AoE hold or the Stun / Immobilize which acts like a pseudo hold; Immobilize prevents wandering and the stun prevents fighting back.  You don't need all 3 on the same group of baddies unless it exceed the target cap or a lot of misses.

I want to add, auto fire powers beyond 1 is ridiculous.  It isn't need, the way you put it is as a "QoL" issue you have, to do the simplest ability there is....click the damn power.  It is a learning ability, when to do it and training yourself to be better, not "oh, I fogot so lets just automate" it like all these "Smart Gadgets" that are rolling around real life, christ there are smart vacumns....uh, why do humans need those?  cause humans are getting lazy, even for a simple task as sucking up dust.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

19 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

You can use your one normal auto-power

Then you can bind W so that it fires the next one And runs forward. 

Then bind Tab so it fires the other one and targets.  

That three before really doing anything complicated. 

holy crap i can rebuild my kheldian

gentlemen we can rebuild him

we have the technology

we can make him better than he was before

better stronger faster

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

You can use your one normal auto-power

Then you can bind W so that it fires the next one And runs forward. 

Then bind Tab so it fires the other one and targets.  

That three before really doing anything complicated. 

Good suggestion.  Little more effort typing then right clicking.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

holy crap i can rebuild my kheldian

gentlemen we can rebuild him

we have the technology

we can make him better than he was before

better stronger faster

Before you get too excited, doing it this way causes "Recharging" to fly above your head constantly while that power bound to W is on cool down. May not bother you, but I found it super annoying.

9 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

Before you get too excited, doing it this way causes "Recharging" to fly above your head constantly while that power bound to W is on cool down. May not bother you, but I found it super annoying.

Hmm if you only have 2 powers to auto you can avoid that by having the bind instead change back and forth your auto power 

• Like 1

Wait..how is a player, presumably looking at their screen, unable to see BOTH the fight in which they are engaging and their power trays?  I mean, mine are in the default spot and I see them fine.  And those things are portable, you can move them anywhere you want.  One of the reasons stated in the OP was concerning focus on powers and recharge rather than the character doing battle and that has me baffled.

And botting is a bad idea.  If you dont want to play, dont play. 

I mean, I don't even use the one auto-power most of the time.  Its not hard to click (or press) buttons.  What am I missing?

• Like 2

An alternative idea to multiple auto powers choices, would be to continue to only have 1 open choice like now.

But allow certain powers to be turned on auto that don't count as that one.

Some possibilities:

Rage 

Practiced Brawler

Dull Pain

Mind Link

Maybe you want to make it a primary/secondary thing only 

Or maybe you want to include Hasten, etc. 

Rage and Practiced Brawler come to mind since if you play SR/SS you really have 3 clicks you want to auto, and none are attacks.