Solo Miss Liberty TF

DR_Mechano

Anyone managed to pull this off?

To be fair I did it on a whim, so no shivans/nukes etc. Did it on a TW/Bio scrapper set it on normal +0/x1 (she has recently solo'd a +4/x8 ITF) since I wasn't sure how things would go.

Mission 1: Easy, no trouble at all.

Mission 2: Also easy, solo'd the AVs just fine.

Mission 3: Being TW became something of an annoyance since killing the vines quickly proved to be tough, thankfully managed to get it done, solo'd the tree, got my power and done.

Mission 4: Now HERE is where the problem start. Firstly Silver Mantis, done but the only stand out from the villain sidekicks that really gave any trouble....now we get to the big problem itself that I can't get passed. Dr Aeon. The Doc by himself isn't much of a problem, what IS a problem are the bosses he summons which are /rad, flooring your resistances and debuffs. Now I don't know if setting solo bosses to off would cause them to spawn as Lts and be able to kill them in one Arc>Whirlwind sweep but it's something I'll have to work on. Naturally I got hard stopped her by the good Doctor so I have no idea how the last mission would have gone.

Edited by DR_Mechano
  • Thanks 1

Are the debuffs auto hit?  If not how about some purple candy?  Or orange candy?

Edit

I don't remember having much problem tanking it with both Shield and Invuln, if you can keep your defenses up it should work.  If your resistance is getting debuffed then orange candy may solve the problem.

Edited by Call Me Awesome

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Are the debuffs auto hit?  If not how about some purple candy?  Or orange candy?

Edit

I don't remember having much problem tanking it with both Shield and Invuln, if you can keep your defenses up it should work.  If your resistance is getting debuffed then orange candy may solve the problem.

Yes they are auto-hit because they're using the raditation debuff toggles annoyingly, I'm going to have to try it some other time and just taking a tray full of purples and oranges...see if that works.

I've done it. The biggest piece of advice, use an ultimate. They are usually around 1-2 mill on the AH, or you can spend 30 threads at Luna in Ouro for one. Your main goal throughout the entirety of the TF is to just stay alive long enough to kill, because you do have enough DPS to kill absolutely everything in there. Pop some purple/oranges, use an ultimate, maybe a couple red inspirations for good measure, and just go to town.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Dark Bladed said:

I've done it. The biggest piece of advice, use an ultimate. They are usually around 1-2 mill on the AH, or you can spend 30 threads at Luna in Ouro for one. Your main goal throughout the entirety of the TF is to just stay alive long enough to kill, because you do have enough DPS to kill absolutely everything in there. Pop some purple/oranges, use an ultimate, maybe a couple red inspirations for good measure, and just go to town.

How did you find Lord Recluse and the tower section? I'm assuming the towers still have their ridiculous HP.

1 hour ago, Dark Bladed said:

Pop an ultimate, use lore pets, and some team inspirations that way your pets get them too, pray for the best. The towers is where I got my 4 deaths.

Well some cock ups on the way but defeated Dr Aeon. Yeah taking purps and oranges was the way to go. First attempt on him accidentally used the tempo power before he became invulnerable again which caused problems and I ran out of insps. Second time, all buffed up to the nines I've got him...just the final mission to go now... >.>

Sadly something came up and I had to ditch at the last mission...gave it one attempt and yeah...got to try to figure out a way to separate each of the AVs together.

Edited by DR_Mechano

Separating the 4 patrons is easier said than done.  The most reliable method I've seen is to snipe one from extreme range.  Anytime we tried to pull from closer in we ended up getting all 4 eventually.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Grab a temp pistol from the P2W vendor, shoot mako, and start running up the ramp. Try and lead him back towards the boat where you spawned in. Assuming you keep using your pistol on the way there, it should either be just him or him and one other, which is much more reasonable than all 4 at once. This doesn't always work, but it's what I did.

• Like 1

Definitely going to look in to more prep work. Probably change my Lore pet as well. Since I can out damage the regen of AVs (managed to get Black Scorpion down to half health before I had to go help someone) I feel like a buffing/healing pet would work out better, not sure which one to take but ah well.

10 hours ago, Dark Bladed said:

Grab a temp pistol from the P2W vendor, shoot mako, and start running up the ramp. Try and lead him back towards the boat where you spawned in. Assuming you keep using your pistol on the way there, it should either be just him or him and one other, which is much more reasonable than all 4 at once. This doesn't always work, but it's what I did.

The AVs do sometimes turn to look in different directions, too, if you can hit one of them when the next one over is facing away, you have a much better chance of just pulling the one.  You may need some patience for that.  

• 2 weeks later

I will be making another attempt tonight at this on my Tw/bio brute.  Last time I had trouble with the patrons.  I now will be using T4 barrier to keep pets alive to help burn them down faster.  Main issue was GW staking her hold and past her heal + regen 

First, many of the successful solo attempts weren't solos because they used an alt account to tank recluse. Doesn't count.

Two-attempts here. Mind/Psi Dominator. The missions/AVs etc up to and including the final 4 (GW, BS etc) are pretty much no problem. Few uh oh moments I guess.

For me (and another person I know) the barrier are the towers. I can't survive recluse long enough to dps the towers even with lores/ultimate etc etc. It's not just the towers but the mechanics who repair them. They come pretty fast and regular after half way, don't have the abilities to take them out that quick. Got a tower down to 1/3, died. But figured I could go back and continue. Nope repaired to full. Spent about 8 hours trying everything I could think of including balls to the wall brute force. I'll try exploring an alt build when I feel like I'm interested in another attempt.

But It's a real pisser. Solo'd everything outside of Cuda/Khan/Miss Lib (and Lusca in the GM category, I actually forgot it was a thing for months), But man gotta get that solo STF. 

1 hour ago, Chirikiti said:

First, many of the successful solo attempts weren't solos because they used an alt account to tank recluse. Doesn't count.

Two-attempts here. Mind/Psi Dominator. The missions/AVs etc up to and including the final 4 (GW, BS etc) are pretty much no problem. Few uh oh moments I guess.

For me (and another person I know) the barrier are the towers. I can't survive recluse long enough to dps the towers even with lores/ultimate etc etc. It's not just the towers but the mechanics who repair them. They come pretty fast and regular after half way, don't have the abilities to take them out that quick. Got a tower down to 1/3, died. But figured I could go back and continue. Nope repaired to full. Spent about 8 hours trying everything I could think of including balls to the wall brute force. I'll try exploring an alt build when I feel like I'm interested in another attempt.

But It's a real pisser. Solo'd everything outside of Cuda/Khan/Miss Lib (and Lusca in the GM category, I actually forgot it was a thing for months), But man gotta get that solo STF. 

I've found that tossing Bonfire on the tower keeps the repairmen away.  Any similar location damage power should do the same as the repairmen are only around level 40 minions.  Surviving LR while doing this is the major problem.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I give up have tried all I can to solo this TF, have tried 2 different maxed out Characters.  TW/Bio Brute and a Bots/traps.  Using Lores and plenty of temp pets, buffs, ultimate inspirations etc.  Can get a tower down but LR wastes pets fast even with barrier on them.  I can survive him on my brute until his end drain just keeps flooring me poping blues hard to keep damage up and if 1 repairman is able to do his job its just too hard.

One thing that was cool being fully buffed with pets took down GW and Sciroco in seconds.

My strategy for LR goes like this:

- make sure I'm softcapped to his attacks. Takes about ~80% to ~90% defense while the blue? tower is up, so if your build has ~20% to ~30% def through other means, that's a couple tier2 ou tier3 lucks which you can buy from the market for relatively cheap. Fill your tray with that, and you've got 7 to 10 minutes of tanking LR

- fly (use a temp jetpack if you don't have fly). This reduces his damage significantly, range is a defense... and it avoids AoE splashing Lore pets

- attack the repairmen aggressively. It's critical to defeat them as soon as they spawn, damaging the tower can wait as it doesn't regen. This means avoiding long animations, and not being too sure of your own AoEs; the 5% chance to miss is bound to happen and it will suck when it does, so it's important to have a backup "plan"/attack and stick to fast animations. They con grey anyway so your weakest damage power will kill them

- Ageless Incarnate. Period. It's tempting to go Barrier or Rebirth to tank Recluse, but the biggest problem is his end drain. It's best not to try to be cute, play it safe defensively with inspirations and keep that end bar topped up with Ageless

My fire/rad sentinel has soloed the STF several times like this:

YouTube compression absolutely nukes the quality, but if you squint hard enough... I don't exactly remember how it went but I think it technically respects master rules (no deaths, no temps). But, I also cheese several exits with enterfrompasscode...

You will also see I make many mistakes (sooo many mistakes), so don't be discouraged! There's leeway to be had. Ultimate insps, team insps (*I* didn't even know they worked on pets 😄 ), mailing yourself insps, using the Echo of Positron power from P2W.

• Like 3

I may try again with ageless on my brute since I can survive fine except for the end drain and he killed any pets pretty fast even with barrier.  Don't know if taunt will help to keep him away for a bit to let pets do some damage, but I know when tanking on a team with taunt sometimes it can take a bit to keep him from running

I was able to get to towers on my StJ/Bio stalker

Aeon caught me off guard and was a bit of a pain but once I figured him out (bubble gives him a huge buff offensive wise, take out the dark pet) he went down without much issue. 

Unfortunately I had nothing to deal with the repair men in time as they spawn faster then my AoEs cooldown (and this is on a perma haste character) and without respecing I don't have access to anything on the ground based to stop them.

Fio Rune  FIre/Rad Stalker                                               Unluck AR/Nin Blaster

Riot Siren Bio/Dark Tank                                                      Ria Greenheart Axe/Sheild scrapper

Blue Meteor Em/Rad Scrapper                                             Kaika DB/INVUN Stalker        

I was finally able to solo Miss Liberty on my TW/Bio brute.  Ageless was the key for me, to keep my end up from his drain.  Other than that I really did not have a big issue with his attacks, used inspirations to help.  Big issue was repairmen, I was able to tank LR at the tower and when repairmen spawned I would take my attacks slow and save aoe's for repairmen.  I would than spawn pets to DPS tower down.  Now have to do LRSF solo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, DR_Mechano said:

Anyone managed to pull this off?

To be fair I did it on a whim, so no shivans/nukes etc. Did it on a TW/Bio scrapper set it on normal +0/x1 (she has recently solo'd a +4/x8 ITF) since I wasn't sure how things would go.

Mission 1: Easy, no trouble at all.

Mission 2: Also easy, solo'd the AVs just fine.

Mission 3: Being TW became something of an annoyance since killing the vines quickly proved to be tough, thankfully managed to get it done, solo'd the tree, got my power and done.

Mission 4: Now HERE is where the problem start. Firstly Silver Mantis, done but the only stand out from the villain sidekicks that really gave any trouble....now we get to the big problem itself that I can't get passed. Dr Aeon. The Doc by himself isn't much of a problem, what IS a problem are the bosses he summons which are /rad, flooring your resistances and debuffs. Now I don't know if setting solo bosses to off would cause them to spawn as Lts and be able to kill them in one Arc>Whirlwind sweep but it's something I'll have to work on. Naturally I got hard stopped her by the good Doctor so I have no idea how the last mission would have gone.

Awesome that you're giving it a try, particularly at this point in the game's life!

Kahlan (from Champion Server) and Illenia (from Virtue server) were two of the first I heard about doing legit solo runs of this (without hacks, sticking LR, taking down towers and AVs from outside the warwalls, etc.) back on Live, I think both on Illusion Controllers, and I know with all the fun toys and improvements that came from I24/25 (or whatever it's being called now) that a number of people did it on the private server using things like /rad scrappers and brutes (rad makes sense for that TF as far as survivability) and even, as Corruption/FE said above, on Corruptors--although not without inspirations. Unless they've added a ton of other buff/debuff avenues in the last year or so or altered the TF in some way, I'd be surprised if a legit run could be done by most people on just about anything without at least some inspirations or the like, but who knows. It's much easier to solo a lot of these endgame TFs now than it was even at the beginning of Resurgence (or Beta or whatever it's called). It's cool to see people going for it and trying new ways and combos now that the game is busier again.

The main thing I've seen on the I24/I25 runs, aside from probably obvious elements like an optimally built character (IOs, ATOs, WOs, etc.) and incarnates, is liberal use of super inspirations at the right time. Keep plenty in the mail, primarily oranges and purples, and make sure you don't over-use them. The other element is just time. A lot of solo'ing TFs is just allowing yourself the time to experiment with different things, particularly the nuances of AV behavior, pulling AVs at need, dispersing damage or debuffs to neutralize enemies like those /Rad Aeon clones, and so forth. For a TW/Bio, I'd also recommend slotting for enough passive mitigation in your build, as you'll have plenty of damage from just the combo alone. That will make managing your super inspirations easier. Looking at the speed TF thread on this site, it looks like a number of people have soloed the TF on a TW/Bio, so you might shoot them some PMs and get some tips.

Good luck!

Edited by Avocado

• 1 month later

Finally did it on my TW/Bio scrap.  The first four missions took 1-2 hrs. Last mission took me 3+ hrs. No kiting, straight up killed LR in the little alcove in the center. No way I'd do it without temp powers, though.  Let me know if you want the details and I will post the strat I used.  I won't be going back to try the 1:25 speedrun for a long time.