Salvage rack disappeared after moving it?

sturm375

I was editing my base, and was moving a salvage rack that had close to 100 converters in it.  As I was moving it, I set it down and it disappeared.  No message in the chat window for "sold for prestige" nothing.  Still shows up as a container in the base list of containers, but it's gone.  Any idea how to find it?

On 1/23/2020 at 11:28 PM, Hyperstrike said:

Basically go room by room to find it in the room inventory.
Since collisions are turned off, it may be INSIDE something else.

Thank you, found it inside a wall.  no part was visible but kept clicking around the wall, managed to retrieve it.  Thanks again.  

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 1:28 AM, Hyperstrike said:

Basically go room by room to find it in the room inventory.
Since collisions are turned off, it may be INSIDE something else.

Yeah, the easiest way to find something (unless of course you have like 1000 items in a room) is to check each room's inventory. When you click on it in the list it'll become the active item.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

In addition to these great tips for finding things you realize have vanished, if something like this happens again as you're moving an item and it goes "sproing!" just use CONTROL+Z to "undo" the last base edit, just like in a Word doc. In my testing you can undo the last 4-5 steps if you're still in the editor. 

• Like 1

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!