How You Can Help Homecoming

Jimmy

Wow i am really honored to be here and able to participate in this Awesome game My Mom turned me on to it some many years back and then again here recently thanks for making this a reality back to COH for me woo hoo. I will help out any way i can at any instance , and cool just goes with the teritory.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
On 2/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, Jimmy said:

Volunteering as a Game Master

We couldn’t run Homecoming without our fantastic team of volunteer Game Masters. They put in countless hours every week responding to support tickets, helping players and generally keeping the peace. It’s hard - and sometimes thankless - work, but it is necessary in order to keep the game running smoothly.

We’re always on the lookout for new GMs, so if you’re interested please fill out our new GM Application Form and we’ll get back to you if you’re a suitable candidate! (Note: We keep applications on file until we need more GMs - we'll be in touch when we need you!)

While we want everyone who's interested in volunteering to apply, we’re in real need of volunteers that tick any of the following boxes:

• Players that primarily play on Indomitable, Reunion and Torchbearer
  • Players that can speak at least one language on top of being fluent in English (specifically we’re looking for French, Spanish and German)
  • Mac OS and Linux experts
  • Players that are available outside of peak US hours
  • Players with in-depth knowledge of PvP or Architect Entertainment

I do tick most of these boxes, but I am a bit unclear about what it means to be a GM, both in tasks and what kind of time requirements there would be. I once ran a 200+ person WoW guild for a couple of years, but that became more of a second job, which I would not want to repeat.

• Thanks 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• City Council
22 hours ago, RogerWilco said:

I am a bit unclear about what it means to be a GM

Hi there!  You're actually not the only one! Becoming a Game Master is, at its core, all about helping the CoX community. We are tasked with a few different roles such as enforcing any of the policies set in place by the Homecoming Team (essentially holding players accountable to the Code of Conduct), assisting players with in-game issues (such as whenever a petition or ticket is submitted for a stuck mission or mob, harassment claims, CoC Violations, etc.) and monitoring the Discord/Forums for players who are in need of help!

We are also in charge of running the various Contests and Events for the Homecoming Team (i.e. Monthly Costume Contests, Base Contest, AE Dev's Choice, PvP Contest, Monster Mashes, etc.)!

I won't lie to you - being a Game Master can be work. We're entirely comprised of volunteers who donate their time and expertise in helping the CoX community. However, we're all here because we have a special connection to the game and the community that plays it, and that's really all we're looking for in additional volunteers. If you're the type of person that loves answering questions in "Help Channel" or chatting with players in Discord and wants to support the community; its probably a great role for you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• 4 months later

First of all let me just say how incredibly grateful I am to everyone that has put work into this project. I am someone that played so many hours of city of heroes back in the day I couldn’t come close to figuring out how much of my life it took up! I truly thought I had lost the ability to ever play again, I have kids now that I play video games with including World of Warcraft, but have always shared the stories about how much fun city of heroes was and how it truly was the best game ever created. On a whim I googled it because I just told my daughter that also loves video games again about how amazing of an experience it was to get lost in the character making process and leveling up with an incredible group of players that always are willing to help one another out. I could not believe that someone put this project together and didn’t believe it until I made my first character and jumped into liberty city! Words cannot express how grateful I am, if there’s anything I can ever do to help I am all ears and here, willing and able!

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

57 minutes ago, Dearthvdr said:

First of all let me just say how incredibly grateful I am to everyone that has put work into this project. I am someone that played so many hours of city of heroes back in the day I couldn’t come close to figuring out how much of my life it took up! I truly thought I had lost the ability to ever play again, I have kids now that I play video games with including World of Warcraft, but have always shared the stories about how much fun city of heroes was and how it truly was the best game ever created. On a whim I googled it because I just told my daughter that also loves video games again about how amazing of an experience it was to get lost in the character making process and leveling up with an incredible group of players that always are willing to help one another out. I could not believe that someone put this project together and didn’t believe it until I made my first character and jumped into liberty city! Words cannot express how grateful I am, if there’s anything I can ever do to help I am all ears and here, willing and able!

Great to hear you found us. Welcome back and have a blast!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Lead Game Master
9 hours ago, Dearthvdr said:

First of all let me just say how incredibly grateful I am to everyone that has put work into this project. I am someone that played so many hours of city of heroes back in the day I couldn’t come close to figuring out how much of my life it took up! I truly thought I had lost the ability to ever play again, I have kids now that I play video games with including World of Warcraft, but have always shared the stories about how much fun city of heroes was and how it truly was the best game ever created. 

Awesome, so glad you found us! Welcome back to the game!

• Like 2

• 2 years later
  • 3 weeks later

I run a website with (almost) all game content translated to Spanish. Might be of some help for all Spanish-speaking players. No adds at all, not here to make any spam, just trying to help.

I've been playing the game since European Beta so i'm eager to help with any ongoing Spanish Translation.

Please let me know if I can help this way.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

Hi!

I'm an Author and Screenwriter, and I'm putting together a serialized TV show called "The Sidekick".

12 super heroes compete to become the sidekick of the Greatest Hero that ever lived!

I would LOVE to create an actual mission arc for Homecoming that would basically be the show.

If Homecoming doesn't want to do it, I'll probably create my own fork of the servers and implement myself, but I'd really like for more people to see the show!

Any interest?

== John ==

• Like 2

Morning, Heroes and Villains!

So, I'd love to volunteer to help out the Homecoming team! I don't necessarily see myself as a GM, and I don't *quite* have the coding chops for development... But I think I could do more than a beta tester (9+ years of real-world software QA experience).

Who can I talk to, where can I best flex my muscles, and what do I do???😄

Thanks!

• 3 months later

Being Cool...not a problem...but my question is...when that line can/should be crossed...

I played the original from 2004 until D-Day in 2012.
Subscribed when I could and loved the long rage discounts given.

I, like all other players, let TPTB do the things that TPTB do.

Including taking care of the lawsuits that were brought on by DC/Marvel et. al

concerning copyright infringement.

The other day I saw a dead-on copy of a Friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

It was about 98% accurate. I've seen other characters as well...Ms Marvel, and a few others...

Do I report this? Do I approach the player?
I am asking as one who simply wants to protect this game from legal harassment.

This game is a life blood me at times.

What are my options or what would YOU, TPTB prefer a mere player do?

Eh, I go by DBaD 😉

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, Raleigh Stones said:

Being Cool...not a problem...but my question is...when that line can/should be crossed...

I played the original from 2004 until D-Day in 2012.
Subscribed when I could and loved the long rage discounts given.

I, like all other players, let TPTB do the things that TPTB do.

Including taking care of the lawsuits that were brought on by DC/Marvel et. al

concerning copyright infringement.

The other day I saw a dead-on copy of a Friendly neighborhood Spiderman.

It was about 98% accurate. I've seen other characters as well...Ms Marvel, and a few others...

Do I report this? Do I approach the player?
I am asking as one who simply wants to protect this game from legal harassment.

This game is a life blood me at times.

What are my options or what would YOU, TPTB prefer a mere player do?

It's your responsibility to contact/report the 'suspected' Code of Conduct violation to a GM to adjudicate the situation. GMs rely on the players eyes and ears since they can't be everywhere at once. Beyond that, you're not expected to do anything.

Copyright Policy

Use of copyrighted characters and content without permission is not permitted when creating characters or Architect content.

Edited by Glacier Peak
Added semi-quotes, it's up to the GM to make the determination whether it's copyright infringement

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png