What is with the oponents scattering all the time???

PeterDutcher

3 hours ago, subbacultchas said:

I love this entire exchange; made my day better for having seen it (murderer).. 

And it was actually in another thread on these boards that I learned the word in the song was "murderer". I originally heard it as "word 'em up", and that's what had been stuck in my head for 20+ years.

2 minutes ago, RikOz said:

And it was actually in another thread on these boards that I learned the word in the song was "murderer". I originally heard it as "word 'em up", and that's what had been stuck in my head for 20+ years.

That's me too! I didn't know until today, because I looked it up before commenting. I had to verify through several places that murderer was correct.

I started using a taunt IO in burn when the change to Burn happened awhile back do to a bug, it made "fire fear" terrible for awhile.  Didn't help to much with the IO, sometimes they would bolt and keep running to the other side of the AE map; not sure if it helped that the guy who designed this map might of given the NPCs swift/quick-innate speed; they have a SR aura around them sometimes and I don't know the full power line up (they seems to have a blaze/snipe as well). 

Anyway, the taunt didn't seem to help that much (and like it actually made it worse sometimes) until I took it out about 2 weeks ago and now I see very few run off; with the IO I would see them lining up and bolting like a 1000m dash while team mates pass each other a baton.  In missions, I don't notice to much as they die real fast but my farmer is a SS/Fire (an odd ball with less AoE to spines/claws yet easier to use and the Footstomp has that knock down control to keep them in place)

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

17 hours ago, RikOz said:

What song are you talking about?

On 2/27/2020 at 7:04 AM, Snarky said:

Okay, I have only noticed this a little.  Lately I have been running AoE Blasters.  couldn't tell what the mobs were doing, they die fast.  I am starting a Willpower Brute.  On a Synapse last night I think I noticed this, thought I was having bad luck.

Here is one thing that was a major turning point in my game years ago.  Know the song "Love the one you're with?"  "Kill the one your near." is my Brutes motto.  If it aint a Boss I am burning down or a Sapper, screw them.  Target nearest, land a punch.  Keep the DPS/Fury/Pain flowing.

For most part, it is a good strategy, but I do sometimes prioritize in specific cases, such as Sky Raider Engineers.  They need to be kept from summoning those Force Field Generators as much as possible.  In groups, unless I've got the AOE to keep up, I just try to target the Lt's or Bosses as there's no point running up to something that's defeated before you can swing.

With Brutes and Shield Tankers, I also like to target the greater villains first, too, as the minion's attacks (or mere presence) boost my damage up to kill the upgraded villains faster.  If not, I got for minions because why they don't hurt as much, removing their damage is faster than removing the upgraded ones.

• Like 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.