What is with the oponents scattering all the time???

PeterDutcher

I have turned this behavior into a game: see how far on a map an enemy will run. The Knives of Vengeance in the Heather Townshend arc in particular are good examples of enemies who will go to extreme distances to escape my toons.

Specific to that arc: in the second mission the villains spawn just beyond a narrow doorway which is their preferred escape route. I now try to block the doorway and it is hilarious to see them trying to squeeze past.

41 minutes ago, PeterDutcher said:

Playing solo melee has ceased being fun because the bad guys attack me then run off. I have to stand and wait for their return unless I want to agro a bunch of other bad guys. This is happening on every melee toon I have.

I hope this isn't permanent.

Depends on the AT. As much as Stalkers are praised for their damage I prefer to stick to my Scrapper(s) for the fact enemies don't run away thanks to the agro aura.

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

Depends on the AT. As much as Stalkers are praised for their damage I prefer to stick to my Scrapper(s) for the fact enemies don't run away thanks to the agro aura.

The punchvoke/auto-taunt aura from tankers/brutes prevents the mobs from running away "forever".  I say "forever" because the mobs still run away approx 8-15 yards, then decidedly, on low HP and about to die, runs back to me so that I can deliver the sweet release of "arresting them" permanently.

44 minutes ago, PeterDutcher said:

Playing solo melee has ceased being fun because the bad guys attack me then run off. I have to stand and wait for their return unless I want to agro a bunch of other bad guys. This is happening on every melee toon I have.

I prefer the aggro a bunch of bad guys method myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

I've been reporting feedback in multiple threads that since the changes to tanks and brutes, enemies flee at a very high rate now. I'm not the only one reporting actual test feedback. I've tested scraps, blasters and sentinels who all now cause foes to run excessively.

The Bad Guys finally get a bump to thier powerset and the Heroes are all like "nerf Resisting Arrest"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only solution I've found to this problem is to hit them harder so they don't get up anymore.  IMHO, world needs more problems with this solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I haven't been soloing my stalker as of late, so I haven't noticed. I wouldn't expect mobs to stick on a stalker anyway. If this is an issue for tanks and brutes, then yeah.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

19 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

The only solution I've found to this problem is to hit them harder so they don't get up anymore.  IMHO, world needs more problems with this solution.

If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Enemies dont run from stalkers because they are dead or stuck terrified in place after I one shot their boss. Also caltrops for the win which is why ninja will always be the best stalker;)

murder them faster, like the others have said

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Anybody on Everlasting yesterday probably saw me screaming in Help about Tsoo constantly running away from my scrapper, Hotstepper. He had Boss Tsoo mobs running away. Infuriating, though I'll admit it's amusing watching them jump off the bridge in IP to get away from me.

7 hours ago, PeterDutcher said:

Whatever is going on, it seems inconsistent.  For instance, I rolled up a fire melee/bio armor brute, and enemies would run away.  I also recently rolled up a demon/nature mastermind, and if I get into range to use the melee whip attacks, the enemies approach me.  Is it possible there's some odd "switch flipped" with regard to taunt mechanics?  *shrugs*

1 hour ago, RikOz said:

Anybody on Everlasting yesterday probably saw me screaming in Help about Tsoo constantly running away from my scrapper, Hotstepper. He had Boss Tsoo mobs running away. Infuriating, though I'll admit it's amusing watching them jump off the bridge in IP to get away from me.

Did they at least scream "Here comes the Hotstepper!" when they did it?

• Haha 1

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

Okay, I have only noticed this a little.  Lately I have been running AoE Blasters.  couldn't tell what the mobs were doing, they die fast.  I am starting a Willpower Brute.  On a Synapse last night I think I noticed this, thought I was having bad luck.

Here is one thing that was a major turning point in my game years ago.  Know the song "Love the one you're with?"  "Kill the one your near." is my Brutes motto.  If it aint a Boss I am burning down or a Sapper, screw them.  Target nearest, land a punch.  Keep the DPS/Fury/Pain flowing.

56 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Here is one thing that was a major turning point in my game years ago.  Know the song "Love the one you're with?"  "Kill the one your near." is my Brutes motto.  If it aint a Boss I am burning down or a Sapper, screw them.  Target nearest, land a punch.  Keep the DPS/Fury/Pain flowing.

I mostly take the same approach, but there are certain, specific scenarios were fleeing mobs are insanely aggravating. One is when you're on, say, an Oranbega map and the mission requirements include defeating every mob on the map, and a mob decides to take a flying leap into a chasm to get away from you ... and you have no way to tell exactly where they went because you were busy punching a different mob and half the time they'll disappear into the maze of tunnels, often into areas you've already cleared so they're not going to be the first place you look for them. Add in the inconsistent behavior of the "last mob/object on the map" marker feature, and you might spend all day trying to locate that guy.

Another common scenario is the one I was encountering with the Tsoo the other day, and it was exacerbated by an unfortunate sequence of missions. I took the first mission from a contact, which was a "defeat 20 Tsoo in Independence Port". This is already annoying because the Tsoo are spread so thin, and you also have to beat up the Family mobs the Tsoo are sparring with. The easiest place to find Tsoo is the bridge, but as I mentioned they like to dive off to get away, so this mission ends up taking way longer than it needs to. So anyway, I completed that mission and went back to the contact, and now he had the "The Tsoo Coup" story arc available ... which starts right off by sending me to Talos Island to "interrogate" 15 Tsoo. Being at the lower end of the level range, this meant the challenge of finding level-appropriate mobs (i.e. the ones who weren't going to instantly flatten me) and then trying to "interrogate" them while half of them keep running away. Even the orange-conning Boss-level mobs were fleeing. But I eventually got my 15 Tsoo in TI. And then the very next mission sent me back to IP to "interrogate" 15 more of them, and I was back to the bridge-jumpers over there. So it was three consecutive, zone-specific street sweeps, totaling 50 Tsoo, taking me more than an hour to complete because of all the runners.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, Obus Form said:

The punchvoke/auto-taunt aura from tankers/brutes prevents the mobs from running away "forever".  I say "forever" because the mobs still run away approx 8-15 yards, then decidedly, on low HP and about to die, runs back to me so that I can deliver the sweet release of "arresting them" permanently.

Depends on what secondary your brute has. My wp brutes still have them running away but I do try to mitigate that with the mu power pool electric fences.

We've always had a large number of goons that specifically favor the Brave Sir Robin approach to dealing with heroes. (That is to say "Run away! Run away!") The little flying Clocks, Longbow Eagles, Tsoo Sorcs and Ancestor Spirits, Circle Spectrals, Skyriader Porters and Wingmen, Malta Gunslingers, Rikti Drones, Cabal witches of every type, the flying Knives and Talons... and things like them. A whole host of annoying enemies that just LOVE to jet off at top speed to who-knows-where. Mobs NOT subject to the same speed-suppression we are, of course. Oh no. Having your movement speed set to "snail in a glue bottle" is only for *player characters*. <_<

Will they come back eventually? Probably. If you're a tank or a brute or someone who took Provoke.

Otherwise, they may just stop running... eventually... and slowly mosey their way back from the far end of the map, having completely forgotten about you.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice