Any update on Wiki or related info being updated?

Without_Pause

With a new IO set coming out and finding stuff already outdated online compared to what is in game, anybody know when any site really is going to start to offer updated data based on what HC actually has?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

ParagonWiki has said they intend to keep it reflecting how the game was at shutdown, so any efforts would have to be independent of them.

I've not really looked into IOs yet, but Index Obscurum has a small bit of info (description/accuracy/attack type/range/activation time/end cost/recharge currently) on all the primary/secondary powersets available to players on live. There's still a ton more work, though, but at the very least should be able to also provide proc info eventually.

8 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

With a new IO set coming out and finding stuff already outdated online compared to what is in game, anybody know when any site really is going to start to offer updated data based on what HC actually has?

There's been at least two attempts by players (on HC) to start a wiki, but both appear to have withered on the vine.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• Game Master

Paragon Wiki is indeed a snapshot of the "game-that-was".  At Titan Network, we're trying to keep SCORE and Ouroboros Vol 2. info specifically out of it, so it's an accurate base for both versions of City of Heroes.  I do know Ouro Vol. 2 players were discussing adopting the City of Heroes Wikia site (which forked off of Paragon Wiki when they moved off of their service) for their own updates.  And other wikis for games are springing up on their respective sites.  And yes, Paragon Wiki is licensed GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License) which means you're free to incorporate Paragon Wiki info into your player guides and other materials.  You can even export a page of content for use elsewhere.  GNU licenses are "copyleft", meaning the same rights you have to make a guide with Paragon Wiki is the same rights others have to access your guide in turn. (Free to use, reproduce or modify.)

For those interested in making a wiki, we do ask respectfully that you please hold off for the moment.  I do understand the urge, believe me, this news is unchanged from when folks discussed it last summer.  But we really don't want to waste anyone's efforts towards this end or to do the same work twice in effect.  As can be seen from Cipher recently, the silence isn't all waiting on our part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

44 minutes ago, GM_Tahquitz said:

For those interested in making a wiki, we do ask respectfully that you please hold off for the moment.  I do understand the urge, believe me, this news is unchanged from when folks discussed it last summer.  But we really don't want to waste anyone's efforts towards this end or to do the same work twice in effect.  As can be seen from Cipher recently, the silence isn't all waiting on our part.

While what Cipher is working on is super cool and I look forward to using it,  I fail to see the connection between that and a new Wiki. 

Maybe I'm just having a slow brain day. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sakai said:

While what Cipher is working on is super cool and I look forward to using it,  I fail to see the connection between that and a new Wiki. 

It means that an official Homecoming Wiki will not just be some abstract concept at some point in the future.

To be honest, I’m more wondering if anyone’s looked into TVtrope pages. Probably put them under Fan Works with their own pages and probably wait for a few more powers and/or story arcs to come out.

but the new electrical power set we’ll be getting will definitely expand the Lightning Can Do Anything.

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

It means that an official Homecoming Wiki will not just be some abstract concept at some point in the future.

If I were part of the HC team, I would make sure there was an active archive of game data around. It feels like a misstep to not have it already.

I do software(web) development, but I'm also working on getting married so any attempt by me would like be next year if I stuck with it, but yeah, ParagonWiki is outdated and it is only going to get more so. I would prefer some sort of site versus a character builder. I might just start dumping data in a local DB and run queries off of it.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

3 minutes ago, Sif said:

What kinds of queries do you think would be useful to run?

The first would likely just be having as much IO set data as possible. It's frustrating to have to go in game to find out that a set even exists. It might be somewhere on this site, but I don't want to go looking at patch notes as well.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

• Game Master
7 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

That's funny @GM_Tahquitz, I never got that respectful request. I asked months ago to be able to clone ParagonWiki, and never got any response, even one saying "no", so I'd been left hanging since this:

image.thumb.png.6ad9181fcb2c782c402d16488cbf6e9b.png

I apologize for dropping the ball.  But eabrace did forward your request.  

And Titan Network is still focused in the talks between Homecoming and NCSoft, so unfortunately, that's all I've got at the moment.

Edited by GM_Tahquitz
Really? You wrote the same word twice? Stupid GBoard.
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

9 hours ago, Sakai said:

I'd guess that "we're busy with this thing over here right now, please be patient."  🙂

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Ahh I got it now.  That actually took more thought then you would think it should sadly. 

Basically what he is saying is that a new version of paragon wiki is already in the works but because of (insert applicable reason here) it is being kept on the down low. 

*wink wink nudge nudge*

The Cypher Build Shower Offer (which I would like to declare as a wonderful name.  Please feel free to spread it's usage) is being offered as evidence that there is actually  stuff in the works that we are unaware of. 

Is that the gist of it or should I go have another nap?

Edited by Sakai
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 12:13 PM, GM Tahquitz said:

And Titan Network is still focused in the talks between Homecoming and NCSoft, so unfortunately, that's all I've got at the moment.

Since it's hanging here, I'll bit and ask. Can y'all share any update on how these talks are proceeding? My viewers and I would love an update if possible.

Edited by StrykerGaming

16 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

Since it's hanging here, I'll bit and ask. Can y'all share any update on how these talks are proceeding? My viewers and I would love an update if possible.

From my perspective the talks are proceeding wonderfully. Got my Brute back up to 37 last night and I personally think all these years after shut down it is great. 

🙂

Just my perspective though.