200m Bounty: Replacing Shadow Maul's sound effects.

ScarySai

I've been struggling to make this work for awhile now following the news of the DM buffs.

Essentially, I have every intention of replacing Shadow Maul's sound effects with Jojo sounds, but every attempt so far has failed. The main problem is that I can't seem to pin down which .OGG(s) to overwrite. I thought Flurry would work, but apparently it doesn't.

First person to figure this out gets 200m sent straight to them if I can verify that their discovery works.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 2

I could be wrong on this:

Somewhere it was posted that it may be made up of multiple (two?) sound effects.

1. The swinging of the fists
  2. The hits on target(s)

There was a bug that had the hit sound not activating and the player was left with what could be described as whiffing (just swinging)

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It might be a few sounds stacked.

There is Flurry.ogg (The sounds flurry makes when it misses), but there is also Flurryhits.ogg and Flurrypower.ogg.

Edit: I've been using Sands of Mu a few times and it sounds slightly like it changes each use. I wonder if it's not one sounds like Flurry is but a sequence of basic punch sounds.

Edit2: Confirmed. I changed the files N_Hit_01 through N_Hit_08 to silent files and now Sands of Mu makes no sound besides the last hit. I haven't got a DM character to test that with.

Edited by Lines

20 minutes ago, Lines said:

There is Flurry.ogg (The sounds flurry makes when it misses), but there is also Flurryhits.ogg and Flurrypower.ogg.

flurrypower.ogg has a 'woosh' sound at the end like a PPD teleport or something like it.

Update: So Flurry.ogg works for Sand of Mu but not Shadow Maul.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

39 minutes ago, Lines said:

Edit: I've been using Sands of Mu a few times and it sounds slightly like it changes each use. I wonder if it's not one sounds like Flurry is but a sequence of basic punch sounds.

Edit2: Confirmed. I changed the files N_Hit_01 through N_Hit_08 to silent files and now Sands of Mu makes no sound besides the last hit. I haven't got a DM character to test that with.

Now tested on a DM character, no sound with those 8 files switched to a silent one. It seems that brawl also shares some of those sounds and it's possible others do as well.

The flurry.ogg file is also used for the whooshy noises.

Might not be the news you're looking for. You could change all those sounds out, but you'll be hearing ORA throughout the game.

Edited by Lines

Yep, that was my first thought.

A combination of sounds that are used individually for more than just Shadow Maul.

I don't normally chime in on modding other than to encourage folks. Bummer on this one.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

32 minutes ago, Lines said:

Now tested on a DM character, no sound with those 8 files switched to a silent one. It seems that brawl also shares some of those sounds and it's possible others do as well.

The flurry.ogg file is also used for the whooshy noises.

Might not be the news you're looking for. You could change all those sounds out, but you'll be hearing ORA throughout the game.

See, I'll be doing the opposite and taking those sounds and swapping them out for the StJ whiffs. 🙂

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.