Bailout Hero badge

Display Name

I was told to do the last mission for Dream Doctor in DA and then he gives you the Dilemma Diabolique trial and afterwards you call him back for the badge.  Or something like that.

So the last mission for Dream Doctor (in Flashback) is "Dream Doctor's Personal Story."  I've ran this twice and nothing.  Then I did his last *story arc* in Flashback called "The Choice of Hope."  Still nothing.  Does anyone have any effective ideas?

I've already completed everything in Dark Astoria and I have the Master of Dilemma Diabolique badge.  Would this interfere with me getting Bailout Hero?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

47 minutes ago, Display Name said:

I was told to do the last mission for Dream Doctor in DA and then he gives you the Dilemma Diabolique trial and afterwards you call him back for the badge.  Or something like that.

So the last mission for Dream Doctor (in Flashback) is "Dream Doctor's Personal Story."  I've ran this twice and nothing.  Then I did his last *story arc* in Flashback called "The Choice of Hope."  Still nothing.  Does anyone have any effective ideas?

I've already completed everything in Dark Astoria and I have the Master of Dilemma Diabolique badge.  Would this interfere with me getting Bailout Hero?

Is he still shown among your active contacts? You should be able to call him to get the mission. How did you run his personal story twice?

Haveing alredy run DD shouldn't matter. I had the MoDD badge before I completed this mission and it didn't give me any issues.

I don't have him in my contact list at all.  I'm not sure he ever was...?  I've done everything through Flashback.

@Super Whatsit

Dream Doctor will give you the mission after you're done his story arc normally, but due to how Flashbacks work (mainly how you can't run other content like Incarnate Trials while in flashback mode) it would be impossible to have this mission as a flashback. So you need to get the mission from him normally, and that means going through the zone story arcs normally.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Piyerus said:

Dream Doctor will give you the mission after you're done his story arc normally, but due to how Flashbacks work (mainly how you can't run other content like Incarnate Trials while in flashback mode) it would be impossible to have this mission as a flashback. So you need to get the mission from him normally, and that means going through the zone story arcs normally.

Thanks Piyerus, I'd missed that the OP was doing all of this via Flashback.

It boggles my mind what the devs were thinking when they had Dream Doctor give an iTrial as a mission. I also auto-completed it without a moment's thought. The Trial is easy enough to run, if you can find an adequate number of competent people to join - but that takes a lot of time I'd rather not spend. I'd also have to consult the guide on Paragon Wiki on which heroes to free, because it's never really clear from within the trial what the best choices are. Easier to auto-complete. 

I found my Dark Astoria contact!  It was Praetor Duncan, 'cuz I hadn't yet reached Dream Doctor!?

Just a clarification: the FIRST mission Dream Doctor gives you that references Dilemma Diablique should not be auto-completed.  It's a "prequel" to DD.

@Super Whatsit

• 1 year later

Just to kind of confirm and reiterate what has been stated in bits and pieces in the above replies, it seems that you will NOT be awarded the badge through Ouroborus, even if you have run all of the DA arcs through Ouroborus and completed the Dilemma Diabolique trial.

To get the badge, it appears that you have to run Dream Doctor's full arc with him as an active contact, and not through Ouroborus. This probably means that you have to start with Heather Townsend's arc (you can just walk up to her as a lvl 50(+) incarnate) and get passed to each consecutive DA contact until you get to Dream Doctor. (Dream Doctor and some of the others can only be reached by phone and do not appear as in-zone NPCs, so in your contact list they will display "????" instead of "Dark Astoria" as their location. After his main arc, and his personal story mission, he will still be an active contact and he will provide a few extra missions involving Praetor Duncan and Diabolique. As mentioned above, when Dream Doctor finally tells you you must "Complete the Dilemma Diabolique Trial", you can autocomplete it. I think the badge awarded for me automatically at that point.

=:Psibug

I will also warn that if you try to get the Bailout Hero badge via running the DD trial and it fails, which is a rare event but still possible, it is not known if you lost your only chance to get the badge.

Just use mission autocomplete.

25 alts with all the badges!