How bad is Mids Reborn off?

Solarverse

I have noticed that for a Tank, it shows the base Accuracy of Energy Melee being .75 on all lower tier attacks. However, the in game information shows that these same attacks are 1.00x. It also shows that Whirling Hands only has a 8 meter radius, however, (I can't check at the moment) I am fairly certain Whirling Hands is one of the many power that Tanks got a buff to radius on...which if this is true, is another case where Mids Reborn is wrong.

Is it missing an update since the patch or is this using old information from live?

Accuracy of 1.0 nets you the following to hit values vs mobs of that level:

+0 = 75%

+1 = 65%

+2 = 56%

+3 = 48%

+4 = 39%

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Attack_Mechanics   

The Info tab's accuracy rating is best thought of as "final chance to hit after all modifiers" for the level you have set in the settings.

Options->Configuration->Exemp and Base Values tab has the setting for changing the value to one of the ones I listed above.

example:  If you want 95% chance to hit +4 mobs, set the Base To Hit to 39% and then build until you show 95% in the Info tab for each attack.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

I have noticed that for a Tank, it shows the base Accuracy of Energy Melee being .75 on all lower tier attacks. However, the in game information shows that these same attacks are 1.00x.

IIRC, Mids doesn't show the base accuracy of the attack, but the chance-to-hit an even-con minion (which is 75% for a 1.0 attack), so both are correct, just showing different info.

4 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

It also shows that Whirling Hands only has a 8 meter radius, however, (I can't check at the moment) I am fairly certain Whirling Hands is one of the many power that Tanks got a buff to radius on...

I don't remember how long ago the Tanker changes landed, but RubyRed's and my data (mine's based upon live data a few weeks ago, theirs is probably a bit more recent) both say the radius is 8. Can't check in the game atm though

• Thanks 1

The radius is 8, but it now gets a +50% increase from the Tanker inherent.  So, it is still listed as 8, but it is actually working at 12.

edit:  Mids hasn't been updated for the tanker changes at all.  The damage scalar is therefore way off.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sif said:

IIRC, Mids doesn't show the base accuracy of the attack, but the chance-to-hit an even-con minion (which is 75% for a 1.0 attack), so both are correct, just showing different info.

Ahhhhh! "I see!" said the blind man!

1 minute ago, Caulderone said:

The radius is 8, but it now gets a +50% increase from the Tanker inherent.  So, it is still listed as 8, but it is actually working at 12.

Okay, that hurt my head trying to decipher that, hahaha. So the information is incorrect, or is the buff not taken into consideration due to it being a separate thing from the actual base accuracy of the attacks?

2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Okay, that hurt my head trying to decipher that, hahaha. So the information is incorrect, or is the buff not taken into consideration due to it being a separate thing from the actual base accuracy of the attacks?

Well, the in game info still lists the power as 8.  The inherent buffs it to 12 (+50%), but this isn't shown anywhere in the visible stats.  But, the effect of being 12 is obvious in use.

The planner hasn't been updated since the Tanker buff patch went in.  It will only show the 8.  Once it is updated, if it ever is, I don't know if it will show the base 8 or the modified 12.  That is up to whoever updates the planner.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Well, the in game info still lists the power as 8.  The inherent buffs it to 12 (+50%), but this isn't shown anywhere in the visible stats.  But, the effect of being 12 is obvious in use.

The planner hasn't been updated since the Tanker buff patch went in.  It will only show the 8.  Once it is updated, if it ever is, I don't know if it will show the base 8 or the modified 12.  That is up to whoever updates the planner.

So glad you didn't take my brain fart when I said "accuracy" as face value and deciphered it to be "radius" instead, lol.

By the time I had realized that I had typed "accuracy" it was too late, you had already responded, lol.

Edited by Solarverse

9 hours ago, Solarverse said:

All in all, thanks for the help, you two.

Note that the in-game tooltip reflects slotted accuracy (and possibly global accuracy but that part I am unsure of). I had this same doubt in the past and was clarified in these forums.

If you are unsure use the character creator and then yes, use the detailed info and check the accuracy. I went and took a peek and all but the last two (who are at 1.2) have the 1.0 accuracy.

I've been messing around with Mids Reborn trying to add the powersets and IOs from the current beta. 

If anyone can give me a run down on what needs to be updated from the tanker changes, I can see what I can do about it.