Energy Blast:  Swap Explosive Blast and Power Push

Gravity Control:  Wormhole and Dimension Shift

Invulnerability:  Invincibility and Resist Energies

Cold Domination:  Frostwork and Sleet

Illusion control: one of the invis abilities and Spectral Terror

Staff Fighting: Serpent's Reach and Innocuous Strikes

Mind Control: Telekinesis and Terrify

Thermal:  Thaw and Forge

Super Strength: Jab and Punch.  Hand Clap and Rage.  Knockout Blow and Foot Stomp.

3 in 1 so here:

Jab is useless on SS.  Boxing which you are going to take anyways does more damage than Punch.  For tankers, this frees up a power selection slot, for brutes, nothing changes.  Examples of other sets having the stronger attack at tier1:  Broadsword, Katana, Energy Melee.

Hand Clap is 99% useless, swapping these two does not do much for brutes in the way of Rage.  but for tanks it has it available before level 20(15) when exemped.  Before you say anything, note Rage will not be perma at lower levels

Swapping KO Blow and Foot Stomp makes everyones lives better.  This game is all about AoE damage and pushing SS's aoe to 32/38 really sucks ass for the 10-25 TFs, which are coming up in a few weeks I think.  Tanks get it at 20, and brutes at level 8.

• Thanks 1

I understand the argument you're making, but I would not want to trade Knock-out blow and Foot Stomp's positions. When soloing, I find having a single high damage attack much more useful than an AoE.

Also, if you slot 6 Rage with Adjusted Targeting and you get about 50% global recharge (so, five purple sets or four purples sets and one Panacea) you can make Rage permanent at level 14.

12 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

I understand the argument you're making, but I would not want to trade Knock-out blow and Foot Stomp's positions. When soloing, I find having a single high damage attack much more useful than an AoE.

Also, if you slot 6 Rage with Adjusted Targeting and you get about 50% global recharge (so, five purple sets or four purples sets and one Panacea) you can make Rage permanent at level 14.

Maybe soloing, but your highest ST attack really should be T8 or 9, FS would help mitigation on lowe level TF's

1 hour ago, JonnieNeutron said:

your highest ST attack really should be T8 or 9

That is not true of Spines, Ice Melee, War Mace, or Titan Weapons. Super Strength is not the sole exception.

Edit: But to be fair, at launch, Knock-out blow (and War Mace Clobber) were not high damage attacks, they were controls. Super Strength's highest damage attacks were Haymaker and Hurl. I say switch Knock-out Blow with Haymaker. Also, give Hurl the same damage as Knock-out blow and you'll get more people taking it again.

Edited by Major_Decoy
Historicity of the set