Has anyone been able to do undercover missions in praetoria?

eiynp

For the life of me I haven't been able to get these to work; I've tried being a resistance character doing loyalist contacts, a loyalist doing resistance things, tried swapping alignments and then doing stuff for the original side, etc. Any time I have a mission that prompts me to call Calvin Scott/Marchand, they don't have anything to say to me.

Has anyone been able to get them to work? Is there some issue unique to the new server that's doing it or am I forgetting some part of the process?

Yep; the character I'm playing now started as resistance and couldn't do anything undercover; I thought maybe I had to change my alignment to loyalist first but no dice that way either.

It helps being able to talk to one of the opposite contacts, if you know where to find them, if I remember NCServer time.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

You have to do the tutorial to work undercover. If you don't run the tutorial and talk to Calvin Scott/Marchand about the possibility of going undercover, they won't respond when you call them up at the appropriate time.

Oooh!  Really?

I started there on one character just to see it again.  I will try to remember to put every Pratorian through it.

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

You have to do the tutorial to work undercover. If you don't run the tutorial and talk to Calvin Scott/Marchand about the possibility of going undercover, they won't respond when you call them up at the appropriate time.

hah, so there was a step I missed

thanks for posting, I'll give it a try next time I make a new praet alt

Ah, really? I've always just done the tutorial as I think it's fun to RP and make the decision of which side to join in game, so I never imagined it would bug out if I did skip the tutorial.  Good to know for the future.

See, I've always run through the Praetorian tute because there's a badge there (Avid Reader) that you cannot get any other way. Requires Read all of Rothstein's dialogue in the Praetorian tutorial.

At least until you can get your Praetorian ex-pat to Ouro during Incarnate trials.

Granted, going through the tute was also the only way you could get the special Enhancements. Now you just buy them from P2W contact.

I've only done one character so far in Praetoria and she's only just left Nova so, haven't gotten any undercover missions yet.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 4 weeks later

See, I've always run through the Praetorian tute because there's a badge there (Avid Reader) that you cannot get any other way. Requires Read all of Rothstein's dialogue in the Praetorian tutorial.

At least until you can get your Praetorian ex-pat to Ouro during Incarnate trials.

Granted, going through the tute was also the only way you could get the special Enhancements. Now you just buy them from P2W contact.

I've only done one character so far in Praetoria and she's only just left Nova so, haven't gotten any undercover missions yet.

You can get Avid Reader from Prometeus in Ourobors.