PvP Event! HUGE PRIZES! Sign up with two friends! March 28th, 6PM EST! Indom server! All experience levels welcome!

CR Banana Man

• Community Rep

-Randomly pair up with other teams of 3 people and face off against other team combos in 6v6 matches
-Round robin style preliminary round, this time with a finals structure afterward

PRIZES!!!
*Members of the winning team will receive AT LEAST 1000 merits each.
*Second place finishers will receive at least 500 merits each.
*Finalists will receive at least 300 merits each.
*Those who don't win anything above will qualify for raffle prizes of 2-300 merits.

The number of raffles and merit prizes will increase depending on the number of signups - there isn't a set rate for that, though. It really just comes down to: if more of you sign up, I have an easier time asking for more stuff. Last time, prizes were 2000 merits for first, and 1000 for second. Maybe with a similar turnout we can make that happen again...

This event will take place on the INDOMITABLE server on SATURDAY, MARCH 28th, at 6:00 PM EASTERN time! NOTE THAT THIS IS 6 EST AND NOT 9. (for the euros).

Rule-set:
-Matches will be 10 minutes, 6v6
-ARCHETYPE LIMIT 3 (as in no more than three on your combined 6 person team - changed from 2 last time). Keep this in mind when signing up, try to be flexible if possible.
-No heal decay, no travel suppression, small insps only
-Only one person on your team can be using a variation of taunt
-Alpha incarnate only
-Minimum xp level 50
-Poison is limited to one per team (your combined 6 person team)
-No "barcode" names
-Banned powers:
--Telekinesis
--Electrified Net Arrow

--Stalker Zapp

--Steam Jump

--Anniversary Jump Pack thing from p2w

Map Pool: Randomly selected and announced at the start of each round robin round.

Outbreak

Steel

Skyway

Atlas

Stadium!!

Signing up

-Sign up by posting your teams here, or pming me your team (@S) on the PvP discord (which I will then post here).

-Sign ups should contain the most commonly known alias of the player, maybe a commonly used global or two, or your PvP discord alias (there's no limit to how many accounts or characters each player can sign up, and you don't need to write them all down - you're essentially just signing up a player). If you're not in the PvP discord, it's a great place to be! Here's the join link: https://discord.gg/ACfXPxK

-Feel free to advertise in this thread or on the discord (or almost anywhere) as a free agent if you don't have partners. 

All experience levels welcome, obviously! See you there!

• Thanks 1

• Community Rep

Elec net arrow is banned and taunters are limited to one. Any web nades will be a result of either the temp power, running an actual trick arrow, running a dev blaster, or running some really weird off-pick kind of build.

I'm not gonna say I think Stadium is a good map, but some of us looked at it and concluded that it's probably better than Striga and Atlas (granted, that's just our opinion). Both Striga and Atlas have been in play, and are notoriously terrible to deal with -jump on. Even without web nades, both are objectively bad maps (big boxes, no real los breaks, basically rng trees on striga) that are essentially played only so we're not playing the same three maps all the time. Replacing Striga with something new and probably better might help freshen things up a little. 

Tech Lab has no verticality, so you're basically perma webbed anyway, no?

On 3/13/2020 at 5:13 PM, CR Banana Man said:

In what way?

In the way that it is the one of the only maps that HEAVILY rewards communication over discipline.

I said it before, the optimal team draw for that map, from our little community, looks a lot different than the one for any other map in heavy rotation. Variety is a good thing.

14 hours ago, barrier said:

In the way that it is the one of the only maps that HEAVILY rewards communication over discipline.

I said it before, the optimal team draw for that map, from our little community, looks a lot different than the one for any other map in heavy rotation. Variety is a good thing.

I miss Tech Lab in 8v8s... just like I miss everything else that was valid pre-i13.

Unfortunately, Tech Lab no longer makes the cut. Besides, communication wise we can barely ever understand a word you say.

Next caller, please! 🗣

20 minutes ago, Hot3 said:

I miss Tech Lab in 8v8s... just like I miss everything else that was valid pre-i13.

Unfortunately, Tech Lab no longer makes the cut. Besides, communication wise we can barely ever understand a word you say.

Next caller, please! 🗣

Hey Hot, wanna do invader?