City of Heroes

For those who didn't know, they were printing a comic at one point. I didn't know either until I saw this in a shop recently and bought it. Can't wait to find the rest, and this one was pretty good. I'd totally collect them all

image1.jpg

• Like 1

That's actually the second comic series - there was one before it published by Blue King Studios that focused on Apex, War Witch and an original character called Horus. Pretty cool stuff, I have the entire run in single issue form. Was never able to get my hands on the Top Cow one though, I only ever read it through the website. One day!
I always really liked how these comics had art, stories and so on from actual players at the end.

Edited by Dreamboat

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

1 hour ago, FireBrandi said:

Got the comics.   I'm actually in issue #9 on the splash page (the one with Manticor and Back Alley on the cover).    Met the artist at a local convention representing CoH, and so he put me in.

Would this be you? Amazing!

firebrandi.png.8c9af1a2253a9d43367856ab99c19500.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, biostem said:

Didn't it turn out Apex was only like level 12 after all was said & done w/ the 1st comic series?

Fifteen, I think. Makes sense - goes up against an AV and gets steamrolled!

• Like 1

I have a character (with an embarassingly crummy costume) in both series.  In the first his appearance was Mike Wasowski-esqe, I think at least part of him was obscured by a another character (it's that last "looking for group" panel).  In the second he's part of the backup squad that's helping to defeat bad guys while the main characters do their thing (issue 12).  Fun that he made it into both series, but dang I wish I'd have had a better costume (like Firebrandi, who looks great).  

Edited by Sura
Looked to find where he was exactly
  • Like 2

• 1 month later
On 3/16/2020 at 4:29 AM, Dreamboat said:

That's actually the second comic series - there was one before it published by Blue King Studios that focused on Apex, War Witch and an original character called Horus. Pretty cool stuff, I have the entire run in single issue form. Was never able to get my hands on the Top Cow one though, I only ever read it through the website. One day!
I always really liked how these comics had art, stories and so on from actual players at the end.

Weren't Apex and War Witch also original characters in the comics at first, and then added to the game when Croatoa opened up?