[v3.0] Huntsman (pre- and post- Level 24) Bane AND Crab leveling builds

Far back in the mists of ancient time ... I wrote a post for a Huntsman build on the original City of Heroes forums (now accessible only by Wayback Machine) that was ... mildly popular.

In May of 2019 I made the first attempt to update my old build for Homecoming.

Then in September of 2019, after the discovery of Proc Fu by @Bopper and @Sir Myshkin and others ... I made a second attempt to update my Huntsman build for Homecoming.

And the fact that you are (now) reading this at all can only mean one thing ... INVASION ... that it's time for a refresh of my Huntsman build (for both Bane and Crab this time) for Homecoming.

And I should hope that everyone knows what THAT will mean by now ...

spacer.png

WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU!!!

Because when you're a Huntsman, the best way to stay alive is to stand ankle deep in spent brass shell casings.

Or as my Hunts(wo)man Leggs likes to say with her $Battlecry ...

Hot lead!  Get your hot lead!

All you can eat!  Get it while supplies last!

So for this v3.0 update, I made a few changes to the organizational structure of the powers taken and when slots get invested into those powers.  The biggest change however is ... I simply dropped Hasten out of the build, since it really isn't "needed" anymore (thanks to Inventions).  I know that's going to come as something of a shock to some people, since it is fairly well known and reasonably well documented that what makes a (good!) Huntsman build playable is putting enough recharge behind it to use powers "fast enough" to make a difference.

And while that may have been true over a decade ago, and it certainly WAS true prior to Inventions when the only source of global recharge reduction was Hasten ... the simple fact of the matter is that the game evolved past that point, and it's perfectly possible to build a Huntsman (Bane or Crab) who neither needs nor uses Hasten.

For me, in order to determine if such a path was viable/practical I needed to do what I've started doing with all of the rebuilds of my builds ... which is to say getting all the way down not only into the proc chances for specific powers and then following through with an analysis of what kinds of repeating attack chains can be built (for various purposes).  That then allows the Player to enjoy a style of continuous play that can be simplified down into a repeating pattern that yields the best performance/throughput for the investments being made due to the (optimal?) sequencing of use of powers in that attack chain.  There's a curious sort of cross-pollination that happens when taking an analysis this far, which is to say once you've figured out which attacks to use in what sequence it's simply a matter of figuring out how much recharge each of those powers needs in order to produce a Just In Time™ performance profile in which powers recharge just in time to need to be used again, without a lot of wasted over-recharge.  So there's a kind of "load balancing" factor between how much recharge a build "needs" in order for the powers it uses to animate "smoothly" in a seamless/sequential fashion.

So the first point of consideration then becomes ... when using ALL of the damaging rifle attacks on repeat, how long does it take to animate them all?  Well ...

T1 Single Shot = 0.9s anim / 1.056s arcana
T3 Burst = 1s anim / 1.188s arcana
T5 Heavy Burst = 2.67s anim / 2.904s arcana
T7 Venom Grenade = 1.67s anim / 1.848s arcana
T8 Frag Grenade = 1.67s anim / 1.848s arcana

= 8.844s arcanatime (total)

That's a pretty decent chunk of time to be animating attacks in a seamless rotation, particularly when the longest base recharge time among those attacks belongs to Venom Grenade (at 24s base).  However, by doubling up on use of a Build Up proc loaded Burst (thereby extending the total arcanatime to 10.032s) you only need to get the recharge time for Venom Grenade down from 24s to 8.184s ... which then in turn requires a total applied recharge of ... +193.25% ... which is actually possible to get very very close to with a completed Bane or Crab based Huntsman build, as I will show below.  So the key hurdle of being able to build a (relatively) seamless attack chain WITHOUT use of Hasten is actually doable even without resorting to Purple 50 sets (although those Purple 50 sets do make it easier).

However, if Hasten gets dropped from the build ... how will there be enough recharge to serve long duration Click powers, such as Serum, Call Reinforcements/Summon Spiderlings, Build Up/Aim and even Surveillance so as to give them enough uptime to reach perma-status?

Well ... there's an app proc for that.

The one place that a Force Feedback proc can be put into a Huntsman build (without dipping into pool powers) is with Frag Grenade.  However, if you do that you wind up wanting to 5 slot Frag Grenade with as little recharge as possible (preferably none!) ... and you can do that with a 5 slot Positron's Blast set that drops the Damage/Recharge set IO while also boosting your global recharge in the process.  The relatively small radius (10ft) on Frag Grenade then yields a decent proc chance for Force Feedback per $Target hit, and since a Frag Grenade can hit up to 10 $Targets at once that means that the Chuck Lots Of Dice™ strategy can come into play to severely increase the odds of getting a successful proc of Force Feedback (from over 27% with 1 $Target to over 96% with 10 $Targets).  After getting all of that worked out, and building the repeating attack chain in a way that uses Frag Grenade once every ~10s makes it possible to calculate how many Force Feedback procs are needed to make long recharge Click powers recharge Just In Time™ to be made perma.

On the Crab build below, it works out to scoring 9 Force Feedback procs every 2 minutes, when running an attack chain that repeats every ~10s.

So ... tight, but doable when in heavy combat situations if you only proc Force Feedback 3 out of 4 times you use Frag Grenade.  The nice thing is that "every Force Feedback proc counts" as far as this is concerned for recharging Serum more quickly, such that even if you aren't able to close the uptime gap through combat, you won't need to wait all that long before Serum can be recast.

The way I calculate things for when a Force Feedback proc is in play is to resort to an additive process, rather than relying on pure division (like usual).  Here's how I compute things like "how many times do I need to proc Force Feedback in order to make Serum perma?"

So, for starters, in the build I'll be presenting below I've got:

+86.25% global recharge from sets

+20% global recharge from Mental Training

+58.98% global recharge from Preventative Medicine

= +165.23% recharge on Serum

Serum has a 120s duration and a 360s base recharge ... so at +165.23% after 120s you get:

(1 + 1.6523) * 120 = 318.276s "worth" of recharge completed (this number is normalized to the base recharge for easy reference)

... which then leaves 360-318.276=41.724s "worth" of additional recharge that needs to happen during those 120 seconds of duration.

And every Force Feedback proc will "add" another +5 to the 318.276 number (each) and you simply need to add on enough +5 to get to 360 (or more).

In this case, the answer to that question is ... 9 procs of Force Feedback will add +45 to 318.276 for a total of 363.276 so as to recharge Serum in 120 second (or less) for a perma uptime on Serum.  If using Frag Grenade every ~12 seconds (average) on a repeating attack rotation (without stopping) that yields 10 chances for a Force Feedback proc, and statistically speaking you're going to fail to proc at least one of those ... so in heavy sustained combat you're looking at a decent chance to proc Force Feedback 9 times every 120 seconds so as to make Serum a perma power, even though build planner math will tell you that you're more than 40 seconds shy of making Serum have a 120 second recharge time.

Which is a long winded way of saying that in the build(s) I'm presenting it makes sense to use Frag Grenade even against a single $Target, because the recharge buffing you get out of Frag Grenade is primarily consequential to Serum, Spiderlings (Crab), Reinforcements and Aim/Build Up.

And yes, I calculated that for the Crab build where Aim has a 34.72s recharge time in the build planner winds up with a 28.93s recharge with 3 Force Feedback procs within those under 29s ... meaning that with a repeating attack chain of ~10.2s duration you can use Aim with an uptime of approximately 1/3rd of the time, which is pretty decent (about 10 seconds out of every 30 seconds) for a One Slot Wonder™ power.  The specific numbers are slightly better for the Bane build (it has slightly more global recharge built into it), but it would be difficult to take advantage of that marginal improvement using the standard repeating attack chain that I recommend using (see below).

The answer for Call Reinforcements is around 54 Force Feedback procs inside of 240s (or 4 minutes), which means getting a Force Feedback proc more often than once every 5 seconds ... which simply isn't happening (they overwrite each other for starters).  But don't get me wrong, each Force Feedback proc WILL help the recharge time on Call Reinforcements (and Summon Spiderlings for the Crab build) and since the Gaussian's Build Up proc is slotted into Tactics, and the Pets you summon "count" for the number of chances the Build Up proc gets to Chuck Lots Of Dice™ every 10 seconds (1 per affected ally, including yourself!), you're actually going to want to have your Pets summoned and out as often as possible, even if they aren't engaging, simply so as to improve your chances to proc the Gaussian's Build Up proc so you can do MOAR DAMAGE with your rifle attacks.

So all of THAT worked out pretty well, all things considered.  Yes, everything would be faster recharging with Hasten, but would honestly only really matter for no more than some 4 powers in the build that are all Level 28+ ... which really isn't much of an advantage.  Piling even more recharge onto the attack powers would wind up with a significant portion of their recharge time being "wasted" in standard repeating rotations, so there's an upper limit on how much recharge is useful just for the attack powers (and I'm basically bumping up against it just with set bonuses already).

Another thing that I want to draw everyone's attention to is the frankenslotting for Heavy Burst.

The reason why I slotted Heavy Burst this way is because it attacks the largest volume (with Range enhancement!) and deals a LOT of damage while also being able to bring BOTH of the -Resistance debuff procs to bear at the same time with the best chance to proc them in an AoE.  This is because the "narrow" 30º cone arc allows for much higher proc chances over a(n enhanceably large) volume of effect that holds far more $Targets at risk than Wide Area Web Grenade, Venom Grenade or even Frag Grenade can (they all have a Max Target 10 limit).  This makes Heavy Burst (and Suppression if doing a Backpack Crab build variation) the superior place to slot the Annihilation and Achilles' Heel procs in the build, all things considered.

Specifically, I'm referring to THIS ...

Level 12:    Heavy Burst    
 (A) HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
 (13) HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
 (31) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50
 (31) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (31) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
 (33) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 10

Annihilation

(Heavy Burst)
  1.35% Max End

Although this specific frankenslotting will "waste" some damage enhancement due to ED, the overriding priority was to get Accuracy and Endurance reduction into Heavy Burst WITHOUT adding any recharge reduction to the power, so as to keep the proc chances as high as possible.  Being able to get +Max End out of the slotting in this case is just PURE GRAVY for the build, since that extra Max End means that the builds generate (slightly) more endurance per recovery tick, which then aids overall endurance management in sustained heavy combat.

Also, although I've posted other builds with similar slotting in a Cone attack like this before, this is the first time (and the first build) where I'm using this specific slotting in an attempt to gain maximum leverage of the -Resistance debuff procs in a Cone attack.  The fact that this slotting gives Heavy Burst a cone range of 77.98ft ... and that all of the other rifle attacks have an 80ft range (except for Frag Grenade that winds up with 90ft due to Positron's Blast) is ENTIRELY THE POINT.  It means that you can use Heavy Burst at "standard" 75-78ft ranges without needing to get "too close" to the action.  It also means that at 77.98ft distance the 30º cone is some 40.8ft wide, which allows you to lay down fire on a pretty widely scattered group of $Targets, if need be (just select the farthest one in the group you want to hit, queue up Heavy Burst and then move closer until the power activates upon entering range).

Alternatively, if you're wanting to cover any melee monster allies, just make sure you see your aura buffs on them and you'll know they're within 60ft of you.

But the key thing here is how Heavy Burst combines the -Resistance debuff procs with Venom Grenade (slotted with Dominion of Arachnos) and Single Shot (slotted with Spider's Bite).  Venom Grenade will inflict -20% Resistance (all) for 16s (and an additional -20% Resistance (toxic) on top of that for 16s) ... giving you a -20% to 7 damage types and a -40% to toxic damage ... but then Heavy Burst can proc for an additional -20% Resistance (all) for 10s (Annihilation) and ANOTHER -20% Resistance (all) for 20s (Achilles' Heel).  Even better yet, since they're DIFFERENT procs they won't overwrite each other (although they will overwrite themselves) so it's possible to have BOTH procs active on $Targets simultaneously!  And then as if that wasn't enough, the Spider's Bite proc in Single Shot gives EVERY attack a flat 8% chance (12% if Superior) for additional toxic damage.

Put all of that together and you're looking at some pretty SERIOUS -Resistance debuffing ... especially since the Annihilation and Achilles' Heel procs "function" via a Grant Power setup, meaning that the affected $Target casts the -Resistance debuff onto themselves rather than the casting of it being from your Huntsman.  That's important because it means that the -Resistance debuff procs in Annihilation and Achilles' Heel in effect BYPASS resistance debuff resistance on the $Target (due to Grant Power self cast mechanics) ... so even against an AV/GM with PToD, those procs are inflicting a FULL -20% Resistance debuff for their entire duration.  So while the -Resistance debuff from Venom Grenade can be resisted (by Level shifts, etc.), the -Resistance debuffing from procs that use Grant Power mechanics to do their job are NOT resisted/reduced by those same factors.  The same thing works in the other direction, of course, but nobody cares about how much -Resistance debuffing you're doing to Grey Cons ...

So this is yet ANOTHER discovery, made almost a year after Homecoming has returned, that I'm rather proud of ... especially since I haven't spotted it before now.  Usually I'd be reaching for the Accurate Defense Debuff sets in order to slot Accuracy and Endurance reduction into a Cone attack power like this, but this time I really wanted to slot in Accuracy/Endurance WITHOUT slotting any Recharge Reduction, and this was basically the only way to do it AND squeeze a set bonus out of the combination.  The loss of damage enhancement to ED is ultimately "trivial" to how well everything else stacks up in the entire context of the whole build overall.  So yeah, I'm totally blaming myself for this one!

Now I just need to retrofit this frankenslotting into all of my other old builds with cone attacks ... ESPECIALLY if they feature the slotting of Defense Debuff sets!

So ... just to (briefly) recap some of the build decisions ...

• No need for Hasten.
  • 6-slotted BOTH of the Arachnos ATO sets.
  • Single Shot gets the Spider's Bite set since it gets used ONCE per repeating attack rotation, once the build is fully slotted up.
  • Burst gets the 5-slot Entropic Chaos set plus Decimation Build Up proc so as to provide the build with a limited/background self healing capability and because Burst gets used TWICE per repeating attack rotation for best "coverage" of the Decimation Build Up proc (5.25s buff duration) when it procs.
  • Wide Area Web Grenade not only Immobilizes but it also neutralizes the Knockback produced by Frag Grenade.
  • Heavy Burst is meant to be used as part of every repeating attack rotation, regardless of whether you're facing a single $Target or a horde of $Targets.
  • Venom Grenade is both a -Resistance debuffer and with the Dominion of Arachnos set (and proc) the way to -Damage debuff and Terrorize your $Targets, regardless of how many you're attacking.
  • Frag Grenade is your "go faster" attack power, thanks to the Force Feedback proc, and should be used every repeating attack rotation, regardless of whether you're facing a single $Target or a horde of $Targets.
  • Tactics is slotted with Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-control including the Build Up proc so as to increase your chances to proc every 10s depending on how many allies are being buffed by your Tactics aura (so keep your Pets summoned since they're buffed by Tactics and "count" for giving you increased chances to proc the Gaussian's Build Up).
  • Maneuvers is slotted with the full Reactive Defenses set, giving you a 3-13% Resistance (All) sliding scale buff depending on how much damage you've taken.
  • Serum (Crab only) is slotted with a full Preventative Medicine set to auto-cast an Absorb bubble on yourself when you've taken too much damage, which synergizes VERY nicely with how Reactive Defenses works so as to buy you time to respond when under heavy fire (and you start taking hits).

Oh and want to say something about Aim/Build Up ... the Decimation Build Up proc ... and the Gaussian's Build Up proc.

If all three buffs are active simultaneously on a fully slotted build (non-purpled):

• Bane build: 204.3 Lethal damage turns into ... 364.8 Lethal damage (hello damage cap!)
  • Crab build: 202.5 Lethal damage turns into ... 364.8 Lethal damage (hello damage cap!)

And that's not even including the kind of damage throughput you'd be achieving with stacked -Resistance debuffing from Venom Grenade and Heavy Burst (both of which would similarly be hitting VERY HARD) ... let alone extra damage from a Spider's Bite proc for Toxic damage (augmented, again, by the -Resistance debuffing courtesy of Venom Grenade and Heavy Burst).

And what's kind of ridiculous is that a (combined) 21.38% chance to proc the Decimation Build Up at least once per repeating attack rotation (because Burst gets used twice per rotation) you can achieve a similar (combined) 23.5% chance to proc the Gaussian's Build Up once every 10 seconds just by having a Team-4 situation (which isn't that hard to get to when soloing and can summon Pets!).  Have Aim/Build Up buffing you for 10 seconds at the right time and this seemingly impossible trifecta of damage buffing isn't going to be THAT terribly infrequent/impossible.  In League play situations (Incarnate Trials, Mothership Raids, Hamidon Raids, you know the drill), the opportunities to hit this kind of trifecta of self buffing of damage will be kind of ... common ... and that's pretty much the point.  Even though the odds are "low" for Build Up procs in isolation, when you build for them intelligently/deliberately so as to maximize your return from from them you can achieve some truly AMAZING results!

Also, just between you ... me ... and the other Soldiers of Arachnos ... a simple PAIR of +80% damage buffs (Decimation and Gaussian's) is enough to push Burst to 350.2 Lethal damage (Bane) and 348.4 Lethal damage (Crab) which is just shy of the +300% damage cap for Soldiers of Arachnos (by about a mere +16% for Banes and a mere +18% for Crabs, which going purple 50 helps close the gap on!).  In other words, incredible damage potential on teams/leagues is only to be expected(!) with the builds I'm presenting below.

And just think how much MORE damage throughput you can achieve by stacking Surveillance (Bane) on top of all of that ...

Anyway, as should be obvious enough already, there is a LOT of ground to cover with these Huntsman builds, not all of which is necessarily apparent/obvious at first glance at the builds in your build planner of choice.  Some of the synergies involved take a deeper understanding/knowledge of how all the bits and pieces mesh together into a stronger and more unified WHOLE that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I would not recommend either Huntsman build to a "first time" Player who is starting out, simply because a lot of what goes into these builds will require a source of "funding" to be able to slot them up adequately while leveling.  The ATOs alone could set you back some ~120 million INF, which a "first" character is not going to have handy by default from the beginning (although there are ways to Ebil Marketeer™ the auction house to do so, but again that's something for experienced Players to indulge in).  However, I am including purple 50 alternate builds in the .mxd files, and by default I've got Tactics toggled on but only one of the alternates is 5-slotted with Gaussian's (minus proc) while the other is 6-slotted with Gaussian's (with proc) so as to allow you to flip back and forth on demand to see how Tactics "works" with that slotting with and without the proc factoring into things for the rest of the build as a whole.

And finally ... while I'm of the opinion that while you can do a 1:1 swap of attack powers from Rifle to Crab Backpack (for an alternate Crab build should you prefer to have one), minus Wide Area Web Grenade (which has no Crab Backpack counterpart power) ... I think you'll run into trouble trying to pull the same stunt with a 1:1 swap of attack powers from Rifle to Bane Mace (although it wouldn't be impossible).  You'll basically wind up with a VERY different kind of Bane Mace build if you try to keep it all ranged attacks, especially since all of the Bane Mace ranged attacks use 2.244s of arcanatime to animate, making them feel "slow and/or sluggish" compared to the quicker animations used for the Rifle attacks, and their damage output will tend to be lower than the Rifle attacks, so the result may not feel that satisfying.  I have played the Crab Backpack variant of a Rifle build on Virtue and found it to be "close enough" on performance for the differences to be a matter of taste and preferences.

So with all of that blathering from me out of the way ... on with the builds!

Just be prepared for the fact that it's going to take me ... a while ... to get everything posted here (there's a LOT of data!).  So expect updates to keep happening for multiple days (maybe a week?) while I get everything sorted and posted into place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1054;490;980;HEX;|
|78DA6D525D4F134114BDD3DD529616DA525AAA95082424A87123EA3B2182046CB14|
|6C2EB66A06B7774B36D7657228FFE049F7CF137F86824FE263FFE41B99D7BDBD914|
|27D93D67CF3DF723B3B7F369BFF4FDF0F32E88C68B502689B717CB8B201A24DEDB4|
|1D8537E5C3891E9C7588616E029E0B339EB48DC5965EB34962A5251DF3B94BDBE9F|
|26EE5490516F2242B13B1884EECB50F583B4AC79DB973D2C18A861557F1F45972A5|
|1E72A54E95569E218629DD6C1505DB867077BA75EDBBF54320D64E4756492FAF155|
|13877C00D933CAC33B1BA06943AECF1810DA8AF13DE1DC07C21F454C133A3707AB4|
|81C8C3509E79F5A1A73130BD6177741E72D6C30AE1196182B5F106B3634BED1F74F|
|AC6F517DB0C6B93B0E3878BB79D6F275A17D165FFA582B708F6BCC75D8E7703F9C1|
|A8AE41345F695383687B0C8732EB62DAD2D75184F08975F13AE7419DF1056B17999|
|7B95B9DE789E2AF7AA72AF06C76A18ACB1BFC6DA2F1CACCE5A9DB5111E58D56FFDB|
|A6368CBD03543EF1BBA69E896A1DB863E32D435F4897EDFB3A74B01C0C33FCC6AE4|
|CD2A8FC9B573CBF5EC96F2FC3F79AFECE92A8DDAD9B8830BB46443D79EAE118816E|
|53815D0BF7E9CF37B01E37C7D826BFE359A101BB48E9563A157EC4FD6BF4DABF5CF|
|6839B14E35E61997BFE21C2BF44B66CF0DDF03FAC6|

Level 1-23 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Arachnos Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Training and Gadgets
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership

Villain Profile:

Spoiler

Level 1:    Single Shot    
 (A) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage: Level 25
 (3) Spider's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 25
 (3) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 25
 (5) Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 25
 (5) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 25
 (7) Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic: Level 25

Level 1:    Wolf Spider Armor    
 (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 10
 (7) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection: Level 10
 (9) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 10

Level 2:    Burst    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 25
 (11) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 25
 (11) Damage Increase IO: Level 25
 (13) Damage Increase IO: Level 25
 (17) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20
 (23) Decimation - Chance of Build Up: Level 25

Level 4:    Combat Training: Offensive    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 6:    Hover    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 8:    Wide Area Web Grenade    

Level 10:    Tactical Training: Maneuvers    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 25

(13) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 25

Level 14:    Venom Grenade    
 (A) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 25
 (15) Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Recharge: Level 25
 (15) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 25
 (19) Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 25
 (21) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 25
 (21) Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize: Level 25

Level 16:    Maneuvers    

Level 18:    Frag Grenade    
 (23) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 25

Level 20:    Tactics    

Level 22:    Tactical Training: Leadership    

Level 24:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 26:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 28:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 30:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 32:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 35:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 38:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 41:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 44:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 47:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 49:    [Empty]    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Brawl    

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 25

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    

Level 1:    Conditioning    
Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 15

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 25

Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift    

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 10
 (17) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 20

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 50

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 25
 (9) Endurance Modification IO: Level 25
 (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

35.34 Toxic Damage (8% chance, CancelOnMiss)
5.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
5.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
5.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
5.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
5.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
5.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
5.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
5.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
7.56% Defense(Smashing)
7.56% Defense(Lethal)
6% Defense(Fire)
6% Defense(Cold)
6% Defense(Energy)
6% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
9.13% Defense(Melee)
6% Defense(Ranged)
6% Defense(AoE)
3.15% Max End
7% Enhancement(Accuracy)
16.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
44.17 HP (4.12%) HitPoints
Knockback (Mag -4)
Knockup (Mag -4)
MezResist(Confused) 8.75%
MezResist(Held) 8.75%
MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%
MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%
MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%
MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%
1.5% (0.03 End/sec) Recovery
14% (0.75 HP/sec) Regeneration
5.25% Resistance(Toxic)
5.25% Resistance(Psionic)

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Spider's Bite
(Single Shot)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  24.1 HP (2.25%) HitPoints
  3.13% Defense(Melee), 1.56% Defense(Lethal), 1.56% Defense(Smashing)
  3.15% Max End

Steadfast Protection
(Wolf Spider Armor)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)
  Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Gladiator's Armor
(Wolf Spider Armor)
  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)

Luck of the Gambler
(Hover)
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Dominion of Arachnos
(Venom Grenade)
  7% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  20.08 HP (1.87%) HitPoints
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  5.25% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%

Arachnos Soldier - Wolf Spider.mxd

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

|MxDz;1542;756;1512;HEX;|
|78DA6D94CB4F135114C6EF74A6C0B485B6944269A114A402A514505CB930A848D08|
|210081A37CD08637BB5699B4E25B274E14605D48D1B97BE56F88CE06BE17F608C89|
|BAF0991857026ADCB8C1D37B4E71142721BFCBB9E73BE7DCEF4E67F8D45EC7E2E0E|
|95D4CAADD93D60C23D19FD7A65299AC9118CFA6A7B99E2F1FD10A27F35A5A66F094|
|C35FF8DF0C23B65BCBE889F11C9FD6F3A5607822AFF10CCF241383DA74522FFC9D5|
|4DA64F6D16C361DDB97E6C954C129D6715D830C23C5736EF1FF5066861BFC284FF3|
|C2ACA39491036D6020C7A7629303FD1389B83EC3B5424ACB248635A3A0E7677D306|
|707333FEB56764C61CCAF304B9298422A9C781C597602B968079924B41656070B15|
|F67CC88A6DB2A0A59402F5A5392674B679E202D27101E9BA08F428ACF60AD0A7B06|
|5A82F637D26FB01BD2A53C1602BC5AC5E49E4C9E47BB147F95949D4EA3E473C8FEC|
|9D23CE131770CE87D043C57A56D5867B213BB112D95C457412A92FB8C0ECD4D7DE0|
|72893998318BC8BF3063FCB4213FC228BB3859E59D027D8AE246D651C73AA868923|
|C8EA83C89A51E218D20D8775D2CCCE158CB5AE22DBD6901DDF88DF893FB07FD1273|
|7F575DF43DF6BEF237D0F884B48FF32DE47C31998B946611E107BA8AFE7AA45E444|
|AF21BBAE136F106F22BBD7E1618FC1262FDD9A77073A740B627554AD8E9C8F90F31|
|1723E42CE47C9F92839FF04B4F554AF7E27D6BB0DB1009E4C0A3C87EE4198FC05F2|
|11EC35527E6333DE4C359CA689624D14BB03792DE44ECB4B3CC19657C02AE06BA00|
|BF8066FB0F527D66EFD056C54D853D086491B7E8BDAADEF88EF891F906D1F899FB0|
|D61268DB6996763A63F1CDEAC47AACB313E79B8706318AC54218AB8173F450AC87B|
|40DCAC6AF1AFA14F3C04B734CDC4A8F39D285D57A37656DDF14E9FB8FEE80B2F12D|
|588F9BF755746F54D9F80E30298013A92E267EBB45CD571BEC930312DDE8EA9F984|
|56AC6EF896BBF24DE49FFA4245C5F31EBDA719635B38E5CAAB8848E575FC677F988|
|ADF89E60EF31D3FA90697DD8B4FE0D9FA2E5BC|

Level 24-50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Bane Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Bane Spider Training

Villain Profile:

Spoiler

(A) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Spider's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (3) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (5) Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (5) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (7) Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic: Level 27

Level 1:    Bane Spider Armor Upgrade    

(A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (13) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27

(A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

(A) Debilitative Action - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (48) Debilitative Action - Recharge/Immobilize: Level 27
 (48) Debilitative Action - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Debilitative Action - Immobilize/Range: Level 27
 (50) Debilitative Action - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge: Level 27
 (50) Debilitative Action - Disorient Bonus: Level 10

(A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

(31) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50+5

(A) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (15) Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (19) Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize: Level 27

(A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 27
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

(A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (23) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (25) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range: Level 27
 (25) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (27) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20
 (29) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21

(A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

(A) HamiO: Cytoskeleton Exposure (+2 Def/End/ToHit)

Level 24:    Cloaking Device    
 (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (43) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
 (45) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27
 (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 26:    Mental Training    
 (A) HamiO: Microfilament Exposure (+2 End/Fly/Run/Jump)

Level 28:    Surveillance    
 (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 31
 (29) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 31

Level 30:    Tactical Training: Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 32:    Assault    

Level 35:    Web Cocoon    
 (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Hold: Level 27
 (36) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 15
 (36) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 17
 (36) Basilisk's Gaze - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 10
 (37) Lockdown - Accuracy/Hold: Level 31
 (37) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 30

Level 38:    Call Reinforcements    
 (A) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (39) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (39) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (39) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (40) Call to Arms - Endurance/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (40) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 10

Level 41:    Combat Training: Defensive    

Level 44:    Build Up    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 47:    Victory Rush    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50+5

Level 49:    Vengeance    

(A) Empty

(A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 50

(A) HamiO: Microfilament Exposure (+2 End/Fly/Jump/Run)

(27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

(9) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27

Level 0:    Marshal    
Level 0:    Born In Battle    
Level 0:    High Pain Threshold    
Level 0:    Invader

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

15% DamageBuff(Smashing)
15% DamageBuff(Lethal)
15% DamageBuff(Fire)
15% DamageBuff(Cold)
15% DamageBuff(Energy)
15% DamageBuff(Negative)
15% DamageBuff(Toxic)
15% DamageBuff(Psionic)
5% Defense
8.81% Defense(Smashing)
8.81% Defense(Lethal)
9.75% Defense(Fire)
9.75% Defense(Cold)
9.75% Defense(Energy)
9.75% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
11.63% Defense(Melee)
9.75% Defense(Ranged)
13.5% Defense(AoE)
6.75% Max End
4% Enhancement(Immobilized)
16% Enhancement(Accuracy)
91.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
15% SpeedFlying
100.4 HP (9.37%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
Knockback (Mag -4)
Knockup (Mag -4)
MezResist(Confused) 51.25%
MezResist(Held) 51.25%
MezResist(Immobilized) 51.25%
MezResist(Sleep) 51.25%
MezResist(Stunned) 51.25%
MezResist(Terrorized) 51.25%
11% (0.19 End/sec) Recovery
42% (2.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
8.25% Resistance(Smashing)
8.25% Resistance(Lethal)
12.75% Resistance(Fire)
12.75% Resistance(Cold)
9.75% Resistance(Toxic)
9.75% Resistance(Psionic)
0% Resistance(Smashing)
0% Resistance(Lethal)
0% Resistance(Fire)
0% Resistance(Cold)
0% Resistance(Energy)
0% Resistance(Negative)
0% Resistance(Toxic)
0% Resistance(Psionic)
15% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Spider's Bite
(Single Shot)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  3.15% Max End

Steadfast Protection
(Bane Spider Armor Upgrade)

Gladiator's Armor

Entropic Chaos
(Burst)
  10% (0.54 HP/sec) Regeneration
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  2.25% Max End
  6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler
(Hover)

Debilitative Action
(Wide Area Web Grenade)
  4% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  8% (0.43 HP/sec) Regeneration
  2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)
  4.5% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 7.5%, MezResist(Held) 7.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 7.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 7.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 7.5%, MezResist(Confused) 7.5%

Red Fortune
(Tactical Training: Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2% DamageBuff(All)
  5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler

Annihilation
(Heavy Burst)
  1.35% Max End

Dominion of Arachnos
(Venom Grenade)
  7% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  5.25% Resistance(Toxic,Psionic), MezResist(Immobilized) 8.75%, MezResist(Held) 8.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 8.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 8.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 8.75%, MezResist(Confused) 8.75%

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  3.75% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  0% Resistance(All)

Positron's Blast
(Frag Grenade)
  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Red Fortune
(Cloaking Device)
  1.5% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler
(Cloaking Device)

Analyze Weakness
(Surveillance)

Basilisk's Gaze
(Web Cocoon)
  2.5% Defense(Energy,Negative), 1.25% Defense(Ranged)
  2% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery

Lockdown
(Web Cocoon)
  3% DamageBuff(All)

Call to Arms
(Call Reinforcements)
  16.06 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  3.75% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  5% Defense

Luck of the Gambler
(Combat Training: Defensive)

Luck of the Gambler
(Vengeance)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Single Shot: Bite (global 8% chance (12% chance for Superior) for Toxic damage on ALL attacks, does not use PPM)

Burst: Entropic Chaos (3.0PPM), Decimation (1PPM)

• 3.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 34.00%
  • 1.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 11.33%

Wide Area Web Grenade: Debilitative Action (3.0PPM)

• 3.0 * ((30 / ( 1 + 58.98 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 10 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 48.33%

Heavy Burst: Annihilation (3PPM), Achilles' Heel (3.5PPM)

• 3.0 * ((12 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 2.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 35.14%
  • 3.5 * ((12 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 2.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 40.99%
    • 1 - (1 - 0.3514) * (1 - 0.4099) = 61.73% chance of at least 1 proc per use of Heavy Burst
    • 0.3514 * 0.4099 = 14.40% chance of both procs per use of Heavy Burst

Venom Grenade: Dominion of Arachnos (4PPM, 5PPM for Superior)

• 4.0 * ((24 / ( 1 + 82.83 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 30.35%
  • 5.0 * ((24 / ( 1 + 97.87 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 35.38%

Frag Grenade: Poistron's Blast (3.5PPM), Force Feedback (2PPM)

• 3.5 * ((16 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 10 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 48.51%
  • 2.0 * ((16 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 10 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 27.72%
    • 1 $Target: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)1 = 27.72% chance to proc
    • 2 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)2 = 47.76% chance to proc
    • 3 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)3 = 62.24% chance to proc
    • 4 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)4 = 72.71% chance to proc
    • 5 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)5 = 80.27% chance to proc
    • 6 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)6 = 85.74% chance to proc
    • 7 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)7 = 89.69% chance to proc
    • 8 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)8 = 92.55% chance to proc
    • 9 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)9 = 94.62% chance to proc
    • 10 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)10 = 96.11% chance to proc  

Tactics: Leadership (Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control (1PPM)

• 1.0 * ((15 / ( 1 + 52.89 / 100 )) + 3.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.90%) upon activation per teammate
  • 1.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.15%) per ~10s per teammate
    • Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)1 = 06.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds  
      • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-34: 1 - (1 - 0.065)34 = 89.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Arachnos Bane Spider Soldier.mxd

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

IifneyR.gif

|MxDz;1542;749;1498;HEX;|
|78DA6D94C953135110C6DF6426C0248190844048202C120181008A270F168548A90|
|1A1A0D0F2921A20264F53496A265272F4E0515C0EE276743B790014DC0EFE21AE55|
|962B3B174FB1F3BA83A33855A9DFCBF7FAEBEEE9373383178F389E0C5C3ACCA4CAB|
|EA46618D15E5D9B4CA4D24674349D9CE231BD7848CB5ED0B5A4CCE02A865FE8DF08|
|23DCA76B13D1D10C9F8AE9053134A66B3CC553F1E88036158F65FF0E2A6C32FB703|
|A9D0C1F4DF27822EB14EB484C830823C1332EF1FF586A9A1B7C82277976C65188C8|
|8037D09FE193E1F1FEDEB1682436CDB56C424B450735231BD3677CD0672B335F392|
|B3BAB30E65798254E4C20154E3C872C3A8F9CB7834D125E0BAB82850A7B3E64C97E|
|59D0520881FCD215267CB659E255A4E31AB2FC3AD0A3B0CA7B409FC29621BF8CF99|
|9EC0774AB4C85015B49B37A251127D3DCF3358A6F4A2257E71CF116B2FB36F10EF1|
|AE246A3D871A2AE6B3AA36DCABB7134B910D65442791EAC214989DEADA7B0045327|
|31083F3D86FF0B32C3CC12FB2A857FFC6827382ED52F2964630A66C903884749F44|
|560C1347902EB85927F5EC5C45AD690DD9BC8E6CDD206E12B7B07E7E4E2EAAEB5AC|
|0B9572E227DCF90FE2564CD329E47CD65E8B942611E307BA8AEE7BE45C4B43F4076|
|3C243E223E4676E6E0622F614C5E3A35EF419CD0026855A84955DBD8A5EF1776F90|
|AF6AA29BEFA10C62F8216A0EA81AF18BFEF1BF13BF107B2FD277105F3BD006F2DE5|
|AB6DC09371C3DDD4915647DA53886BA4E934BEC53BD8F38EF89EF801D9F491F8094|
|FF4357843E40DAD811654D8DE75E2067113D9BC45DC06D62A6C09BC2DD44B0B3D5D|
|5EF8D786F9585B1BF6370B05C2A485EB51AB80FBE822AD8BBC35CACE5B0D3DE6E36|
|036664D9C4A9759E9C06CDDBBA20EEC527AFEE33BA1EC7C0B7211F3BE0A7758A6B0|
|6165E73BC0A40076A49633F1EEE63D2B36D8A7094874E26B7F348BD480DF93F2E3F|
|8DEFAC72531B955B3AF057B5937FB684A2537F0B4DC73F82C9FB1E59F3BAC3D625A|
|9F32AD4F9BD6BF0116C1EC32|

Level 24-50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training

Villain Profile:

Spoiler

(A) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Spider's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (3) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (5) Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (5) Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (7) Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic: Level 27

Level 1:    Crab Spider Armor Upgrade    

(A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (13) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27

(A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

(A) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (48) Trap of the Hunter - Endurance/Immobilize: Level 27
 (48) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Trap of the Hunter - Immobilize/Accuracy: Level 27
 (50) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge: Level 27
 (50) Trap of the Hunter - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 20

(33) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge: Level 27
 (33) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Defense: Level 27
 (34) Red Fortune - Endurance: Level 27
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

(31) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50+5

(A) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (15) Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (15) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (19) Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize: Level 27

(A) Reactive Defenses - Defense: Level 27
 (37) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance: Level 27
 (40) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 20

(A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (23) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (25) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range: Level 27
 (27) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (29) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 20
 (29) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21

(A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 27
 (45) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 27
 (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 27
 (48) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

(A) HamiO: Cytoskeleton Exposure (+2 Def/End/ToHit)

Level 24:    Fortification    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance: Level 27
 (25) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 20

Level 26:    Mental Training    

Level 28:    Serum    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 27
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (43) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (45) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 20

Level 30:    Tactical Training: Assault    

Level 32:    Assault    

Level 35:    Summon Spiderlings    
 (A) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (36) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (36) Call to Arms - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (36) Call to Arms - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (37) Call to Arms - Endurance/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (37) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 10

Level 38:    Call Reinforcements    
 (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 31
 (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage: Level 31
 (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance: Level 31
 (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 31
 (40) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge: Level 31
 (40) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 30

Level 41:    Combat Training: Defensive    

Level 44:    Aim    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 47:    Victory Rush    

Level 49:    Vengeance    

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Empty

(A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 50

(27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

(9) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27

Level 0:    Marshal    
Level 0:    Born In Battle    
Level 0:    High Pain Threshold    
Level 0:    Invader

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

13% DamageBuff(Smashing)
13% DamageBuff(Lethal)
13% DamageBuff(Fire)
13% DamageBuff(Cold)
13% DamageBuff(Energy)
13% DamageBuff(Negative)
13% DamageBuff(Toxic)
13% DamageBuff(Psionic)
5% Defense
8.81% Defense(Smashing)
8.81% Defense(Lethal)
8.5% Defense(Fire)
8.5% Defense(Cold)
10.38% Defense(Energy)
10.38% Defense(Negative)
6% Defense(Psionic)
11.63% Defense(Melee)
14.75% Defense(Ranged)
11% Defense(AoE)
6.75% Max End
25% Enhancement(Accuracy)
10% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
86.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

5% Enhancement(Immobilized)
15% SpeedFlying
GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
220.9 HP (20.62%) HitPoints
15% JumpHeight
15% SpeedJumping
Knockback (Mag -4)
Knockup (Mag -4)
MezResist(Confused) 52.5%
MezResist(Held) 52.5%
MezResist(Immobilized) 52.5%
MezResist(Sleep) 52.5%
MezResist(Stunned) 52.5%
MezResist(Terrorized) 52.5%
9% (0.16 End/sec) Recovery
34% (1.82 HP/sec) Regeneration
22.75% Resistance(Smashing)
22.75% Resistance(Lethal)
22% Resistance(Fire)
22% Resistance(Cold)
11.5% Resistance(Energy)
11.5% Resistance(Negative)
15.25% Resistance(Toxic)
15.25% Resistance(Psionic)
0% Resistance(Smashing)
0% Resistance(Lethal)
0% Resistance(Fire)
0% Resistance(Cold)
0% Resistance(Energy)
0% Resistance(Negative)
0% Resistance(Toxic)
0% Resistance(Psionic)
15% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Spider's Bite
(Single Shot)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  3.15% Max End

Steadfast Protection
(Crab Spider Armor Upgrade)

Gladiator's Armor
(Crab Spider Armor Upgrade)

Entropic Chaos
(Burst)
  2.25% Max End

Luck of the Gambler
(Hover)

Trap of the Hunter
(Wide Area Web Grenade)
  5% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  3.75% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%
  3.13% Defense(Ranged), 1.56% Defense(Energy), 1.56% Defense(Negative)

Red Fortune
  2% DamageBuff(All)

Luck of the Gambler

Annihilation
(Heavy Burst)
  1.35% Max End

Dominion of Arachnos
(Venom Grenade)
  7% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  3% DamageBuff(All)

Reactive Defenses
(Maneuvers)
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  0% Resistance(All)

Positron's Blast
(Frag Grenade)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)

(Tactics)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)

Unbreakable Guard
(Fortification)
  2.5% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  80.32 HP (7.5%) HitPoints

Preventive Medicine
(Serum)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Call to Arms
(Summon Spiderlings)
  16.06 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  5% Defense

Expedient Reinforcement
(Call Reinforcements)
  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  3.13% Defense(Ranged), 1.56% Defense(Energy), 1.56% Defense(Negative)
  10% Resistance(All)

Luck of the Gambler

Luck of the Gambler
(Vengeance)

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Single Shot: Bite (global 8% chance (12% chance for Superior) for Toxic damage on ALL attacks, does not use PPM)

Burst: Entropic Chaos (3.0PPM), Decimation (1PPM)

• 3.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 34.00%
  • 1.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 11.33%

Wide Area Web Grenade: Trap of the Hunter (3.5PPM)

• 3.5 * ((30 / ( 1 + 58.98 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 10 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 56.39%

Heavy Burst: Annihilation (3PPM), Achilles' Heel (3.5PPM)

• 3.0 * ((12 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 2.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 35.14%
  • 3.5 * ((12 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 2.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 50 * (11 * 30 + 540) / 30,000))) = 40.99%
    • 1 - (1 - 0.3514) * (1 - 0.4099) = 61.73% chance of at least 1 proc per use of Heavy Burst
    • 0.3514 * 0.4099 = 14.40% chance of both procs per use of Heavy Burst

Venom Grenade: Dominion of Arachnos (4PPM, 5PPM for Superior)

• 4.0 * ((24 / ( 1 + 82.83 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 30.35%
  • 5.0 * ((24 / ( 1 + 97.87 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 35.38%

Frag Grenade: Poistron's Blast (3.5PPM), Force Feedback (2PPM)

• 3.5 * ((16 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 10 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 48.51%
  • 2.0 * ((16 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 10 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 27.72%
    • 1 $Target: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)1 = 27.72% chance to proc
    • 2 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)2 = 47.76% chance to proc
    • 3 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)3 = 62.24% chance to proc
    • 4 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)4 = 72.71% chance to proc
    • 5 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)5 = 80.27% chance to proc
    • 6 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)6 = 85.74% chance to proc
    • 7 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)7 = 89.69% chance to proc
    • 8 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)8 = 92.55% chance to proc
    • 9 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)9 = 94.62% chance to proc
    • 10 $Targets: 1 - (1 - 0.2772)10 = 96.11% chance to proc  

Tactics: Leadership (Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control (1PPM)

• 1.0 * ((15 / ( 1 + 52.89 / 100 )) + 3.67) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.90%) upon activation per teammate
  • 1.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.15%) per ~10s per teammate
    • Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)1 = 06.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds  
      • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
      • League-34: 1 - (1 - 0.065)34 = 89.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds

Attack Chain:

Spoiler

Cone, Ranged and Target AoE (T7 > T8 > T3 > T5 > T1 > T3)

Venom Grenade > Frag Grenade > Burst > Heavy Burst > Single Shot > Burst … 0.116s delay … repeat

• T1 Single Shot = 0.9s anim / 1.056s arcana || 1.33s @ Level 27 rech
  • T3 Burst = 1s anim / 1.188s arcana || 3.28s rech
  • T4 Wide Area Web Grenade = 1.67s anim / 1.848s arcana || 12.29s rech
  • T5 Heavy Burst = 2.67s anim / 2.904s arcana || 5.82s rech
  • T7 Venom Grenade = 1.67s anim / 1.848s arcana || 8.3s @ Level 27 rech
  • T8 Frag Grenade = 1.67s anim / 1.848s arcana || 7.76s rech

Total chain cycle time: 1.848+1.848+1.188+2.904+1.056+1.188 + (0.116 @ Level 27) = 10.148 seconds
Total damage output (NOT including Build Up buffs or -Resistance debuffs): 126.4 (max 10 $Targets)+(144.47+(0.4851*71.75) max 10 $Targets)+202.5+145.8 (max 10 $Targets)+128.7+202.5+(3*0.08*35.34)+(3*0.08*35.34) (max 10 $Targets) = 1002.14 over 10.148 seconds = 98.75 damage per second (max 10 $Targets)

1. $Target = 1002.14 over 10.148 seconds = 98.75 damage per second
  2. $Targets = 1462.10 over 10.148 seconds = 144.08 damage per second
  3. $Targets = 1922.05 over 10.148 seconds = 189.40 damage per second
  4. $Targets = 2382.01 over 10.148 seconds = 234.73 damage per second
  5. $Targets = 2841.97 over 10.148 seconds = 280.05 damage per second
  6. $Targets = 3301.93 over 10.148 seconds = 325.38 damage per second
  7. $Targets = 3761.88 over 10.148 seconds = 370.70 damage per second
  8. $Targets = 4221.84 over 10.148 seconds = 416.03 damage per second
  9. $Targets = 4681.80 over 10.148 seconds = 461.35 damage per second
  10. $Targets = 5141.76 over 10.148 seconds = 506.68 damage per second

Total endurance costs: 8.37+10.27+5.77+7.73+3.67+5.77 = 41.58 endurance over 10.148 seconds = 4.10 endurance/second
Damage per endurance production: 1002.14/41.58 = 24.10 damage per endurance production (max 10 $Targets)

1. $Target = 24.10 damage per endurance
  2. $Targets = 35.16 damage per endurance
  3. $Targets = 46.23 damage per endurance
  4. $Targets = 57.59 damage per endurance
  5. $Targets = 68.35 damage per endurance
  6. $Targets = 79.41 damage per endurance
  7. $Targets = 90.47 damage per endurance
  8. $Targets = 101.54 damage per endurance
  9. $Targets = 112.60 damage per endurance
  10. $Targets = 123.66 damage per endurance

Immobilize and Buff (T4 > Aim)

• T4 Wide Area Web Grenade = 1.67s anim / 1.848s arcana || 12.1s rech
  • Aim = 1.17s anim / 1.32s arcana || 34.72s rech

Best use of Wide Area Web Grenade+Aim (in that order) is as either your opening alpha strike before proceeding into the above rotation ... OR ... after combat is initiated use Wide Area Web Grenade (and Aim if Aim is recharged) BEFORE use of either Burst in the above rotation (because you don't want to waste any Build Up buff duration on animating Wide Area Web Grenade and/or Aim which do no damage that can be buffed by Build Up procs).

Arachnos Crab Spider Soldier.mxd

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IifneyR.gif

So first let me say that I have loved your posts about SoAs and the real point of this is to just pick your brain a bit on how much of an improvement you are seeing vs your old crab top end build (linked below) which I have been using since I ran across it.  I will say freeing up 18 purple enhancements does have some appeal to it!

So key differences that I am seeing off the bat:

1. The loss of one pet and Arctic Breath (which is likely made up for in the rotation that you are using). 
  2. Loss of some recharge (which you cover in your post). 
  3. Loss of some melee and AOE defense (I am assuming hover is used for staying at range). 
  4. Your new build has higher recovery rates.  More procs in your build.
  5. An entirely different chain.  So a loss of Channelgun, Longfang, Suppression from the build.

I think those cover the major differences.  So how does it do in comparison?  Is it 20% higher damage potential? More/Less? (I don't think you would have gone to all of the obvious effort if it wasn't somewhat of a substantial change.

Current build I am using (pretty sure I stole it from your post but if not I apologize to the actual creator)

Villain Plan by Hero Villain Designer 2.23

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Crabstermind: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Primary Power Set: Crab Spider Soldier
Secondary Power Set: Crab Spider Training
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: [Empty] -- Empty(A), Empty(3), Empty(3), Empty(5)
Level 1: Crab Spider Armor Upgrade -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(9)
Level 2: Longfang -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Apc-Acc/Rchg(31)
Level 4: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 8: Suppression -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(19), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(13), LucoftheG-Rchg+(15), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx(23), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 12: Venom Grenade -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Rgn-Dmg(15), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(17), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 14: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(A), GifoftheA-Run+(25), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), GifoftheA-Def(29), LucoftheG-Rchg+(39)
Level 18: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 20: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(21)
Level 22: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(34), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Build%(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37)
Level 24: Fortification -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Ags-ResDam(34), Ags-Psi/Status(34), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 26: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 28: Tactical Training: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Weave -- GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Rchg+(31), GifoftheA-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), GifoftheA-Run+(37), GifoftheA-Def(37)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 35: Summon Spiderlings -- SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Build%(39), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(48), SlbAll-Dmg(50)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(A), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(42), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 41: School of Sharks -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A)
Level 44: Arctic Breath -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Summon Guardian -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Conditioning 
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(27)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PrfShf-End%(11)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
------------
------------

|MxDz;1499;707;1414;HEX;|
|78DA6593CB4F135114C6EF746E2D7D510A949677CBB3505A5A1EBA1311912860484|
|0B7CD482774923A6DA6D5E8D27FC1A8E8DEE7C61811F1F98FB874AF34E8BE9ECE77|
|0A689B747E73BF73CF63BE9BBB7EF792EFCDCAFD05A1742D15B47239BB6869DB79B|
|358CE6E160B3943B75CD7B4CA6D4B2BA84208DF92A5DD2C5774EB9661E65C248CFE|
|BFBB9CAA6FC96E968C9C6E35C4D12D4B334CC3DCC9AE68B91DBDF2EFA6463078C5C|
|CEB966E56528D17DF46B15848ADE95A89C281C68272CA79A3E4B7D7978D9D7C85A2|
|1E7BB559D2F55CEF72C9D84EDD585EDCCAAEE9770CAD92D7CCECBA561FFB5EA43E3|
|3FD6BF453EDA7709C7A4AFBF9CE4B3B1451DFA68830BDF44BD112013B1B2151732A|
|530E213252C80C7826C94C812D6970601A3CA0BA2AEA0A35A4D85A17B9E8E45E4ED|
|67A5655C44875712FD753686D4FC0F65DE643B0F311987C0C7EA25E6ED475BA3DF4|
|322C85AF95382E456B08ECF211A78801E2A014113F3141A42C2FF7F59EC3ECBEB36|
|0EB0CD8360B4ECE31E7C1300DEC47AEF07F8716242D80596440A277C40DF6B9982D|
|E0187BA0504E90EB047B841D5349EB60AF3A66549CC704F2BED0C021FEDED033F48|
|D3D07875F305F325F8323AFC03DCA0D736E388DFE0319303A0BC6E698F3E0E40CF8|
|9572BBF94CBB93C2D63E93D6CB5A6F0C9AA4D9FBD9837EF66080BF35CA1E8CB0272|
|3ECC510E50CF2F70E265027CADCA71E437C46438BF88EB125707C8179019CBE0866|
|CE83DFBCB804F5DCD13F0EF8FEC361FB395EC57AE2881827FE46CE04F7AD92ED713|
|E97F875C4DED28127B85EE223F64DBD671E30F7C0E407E63E7844F552C89529EE35|
|7DC43CE4B9AB4C9EA19D7C49B3BF69F6B74F0AFED570BBC5DA69C58D0A1BF2F8F60|
|A258ACC55797CDB6BEE36BAA188D77E7A48E62E0A9FECAFD35A1CDAE189A6285771|
|723D31DCC2EA49CCD1E8E77980593CBB703ADD34F96493926952E69A94D926E52FA|
|926F61D|
Edited by snow61

Your attack chain basically consists of:

• Venom Grenade > Longfang > Suppression > Longfang + 0.312s delay ... repeat = 9.816s

My (Crab) attack chain consists of:

• Venom Grenade > Frag Grenade > Burst > Heavy Burst > Single Shot > Burst … 0.116s delay … repeat  = 10.148s (@ Level 27 attuned enhancement levels)

Advantage ... yours ... by 0.332s every 10s ... which is to say, not much, when omitting the Patron powers.  That's barely a 3% advantage ... and you're using Purple 50s (and I'm not).

Your attack chain damage consists of (not including Apocalypse procs or -Resistance debuffing) to a single target:

• 138.9 (max 10 $Targets) + 231.99 (+Ragnarok proc) + 157 (max 10 $Targets) + 231.99 (+Ragnarok proc) = 759.88 over 9.846s = 77.18 damage per second (not including Ragnarok procs)

My (Crab) attack chain damage consists of (not including -Resistance debuffing or Build Up/Aim buffing, but including damage procs) to a single target:

• 126.4 (max 10 $Targets)+(144.47+(0.4851*71.75) max 10 $Targets)+202.5+145.8 (max 10 $Targets)+128.7+202.5+(3*0.08*35.34)+(3*0.08*35.34) (max 10 $Targets) = 1002.14 over 10.148 seconds = 98.75 damage per second (max 10 $Targets)

Advantage ... mine ... by some 21.57 damage per second (although Apocalypse procs will eat into that advantage, I'm just too lazy to compute by how much).  The thing is, my build is doing 2 Target AoEs plus 1 Cone every 10 seconds, while yours is only doing 1 Target AoE plus 1 Cone every 10 seconds.  Plus, I'm using the Spider's Bite proc while I don't see that proc in your build (Level 1 attack power is empty).  However, even if your build manages to catch up to mine through use of Arctic Breath, I've STILL got you beat on -Resistance procs in my Heavy Burst combined with Aim AND being able to proc the Decimation Build up from Burst which then lasts for FOUR(!) attacks following Burst because of how I "shaped" the timing of my attack chain.

• Burst (1) -> begin Build Up buff > Heavy Burst > Single Shot > Burst > Venom Grenade -> buff expires during Venom Grenade after casting begins
  • Burst (2) -> begin Build Up buff > 0.116s delay > Venom Grenade > Frag Grenade > Burst > Heavy Burst -> buff expires during Heavy Burst after casting begins

That means that I get "TWO bites at the apple" every 10s for an 11.33% chance of a Build Up proc every 10s ... not including the Build Up proc in Tactics (which can also proc "at any time" in both builds, so that's a wash for comparison).

1 - (1 - 0.1133)2 = 21.38%

So my build has a 21.38% chance PER ~10s ROTATION to be dealing even MORE damage than the 98.75 DPS against a single $Target that I've calculated above, just from the attack powers themselves ... never mind additional buffs from other sources (such as Tactics and Aim).

Adding Arctic Breath to your build grants you -15% Resistance for 10 seconds, but you'd need to have a recharge of under 10s (7.096s to be exact) in order to make the effect expire just as you're renewing it (assuming your attack rotation allowed you to time that refresh JUST RIGHT™ to happen).  But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're going to be able to keep a -15% Resistance debuff from Arctic Breath going continuously for 30s, just to keep things simple.

My build offers a PAIR of -Resistance debuff procs in Heavy Burst that last for 10s (Annihilation) and 20s (Achilles' Heel) that do not require animating another attack in order to reap the benefits, and I've also got Aim which grants +50% Damage (and +50% ToHit) and I can have Aim recharged often enough to use ~30s (with Force Feedback procs from Frag Grenade).

Between those two factors, I'd say that my build is capable of delivering more damage per second of animation than yours can when averaged out over an entire minute of continuous combat versus a single target ... and also against multiple targets ... simply because I'm cramming more attacks in per 10s than your build can, and I've got more AoE attacks than you have, and I'm able to leverage more procs with my build than your build can ... and ...

Need I go on?

Now, I'm sure that there will be edge cases where your build winds up delivering a superior "throughput" onto $Target(s) than mine does ... but I wouldn't expect those edge cases to be a majority of situations.  If anything I'd expect them to be a minority of "special" circumstances (or just bum RNGesus prayers) that wind up being the exception rather than the rule.  And I say that because my build has more ... proc factors ... that can influence damage production than yours does.

And that's before converting the ATOs in my build into Superior Purple 50 sets ...

Also, just between you, me and the rest of the build forums ... I have NEVER liked the idea of 6-slotting Purple 50 damage sets into powers.  You wind up WASTING a significant portion of the damage potential on ED penalties.  Take Apocalypse, for example ... remove the Damage IO from the set, so you've got a 5-slot set and you can put a Decimation Build Up proc into the slot you've opened up while losing barely ANY damage potential from the power.

• Longfang in your build with 6-slot Apocalypse: 77.33x3 = 231.99 Energy damage plus Apocalypse proc
  • Longfang in your build with 5-slot Apocalypse (minus Damage IO): 73.7x3 = 221.1 Energy damage plus Apocalypse proc
  • Difference = -10.89 Energy Damage (-4.7%) for an entire SLOT

This is why in a lot of my builds, when you see a Purple 50 set you'll often times find that I only 5-slot instead of 6-slot the Purple 50 set IOs ... so as to not WASTE enhancement potential on ED.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Redlynne
  • Confused 1

IifneyR.gif

I like your reserved sections, the Arachnos Bane Soldier build is more huntsman as you've only taken one power out of the bane section, but atleast this means more text perhaps? A crab build with more crab powers maybe? Also crab powers only could be good as that's in the same boat. Sorry if you just haven't had the chance to finish.

As a recent returner, you're proving a good person to help me catch up on the game with.

Edited by NEW DAWN
  • Thanks 1

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

1 hour ago, NEW DAWN said:

I like your reserved sections, the Arachnos Bane Soldier build is more huntsman as you've only taken one power out of the bane section, but atleast this means more text perhaps? A crab build with more crab powers maybe? Also crab powers only could be good as that's in the same boat. Sorry if you just haven't had the chance to finish.

Well, I didn't know going in how much more space I was going to need ... and if I wind up making Mace/Backpack "translations" of the build, I'm going to need the room, but that's a future project.  I just wanted to have the space available in case I needed it (and I probably will at some point).

1 hour ago, NEW DAWN said:

As a recent returner, you're proving a good person to help me catch up on the game with.

We make every pretense of competency around here.  😎

IifneyR.gif

I was inspired... Pay no attention to the slot levels, they're a hot mess. Toon is currently 40, and I've just respec'd and started buying for a Bane build. Your thread caught my eye, and I did my take on a BaneHuntsman (to be spec'd into level 47 or endgame, purple ATO's and Hami's, oh my)... Thoughts?

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Agent Nevyn: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot
Level 1: Sprint
Level 2: Swift
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Marshal 
------------
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
------------
Set Bonuses:
Devastation
(Single Shot)
(Burst)
(Wolf Spider Armor)
(Combat Jumping)
(Heavy Burst)
(Venom Grenade)
(Wide Area Web Grenade)
(Maneuvers)
(Frag Grenade)
(Tactical Training: Leadership)
(Cloaking Device)
(Tough)
(Call Reinforcements)
(Call Reinforcements)
(Call Reinforcements)
(Weave)
(Bayonet)
(Health)
(Stamina)

• (A) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (3) Devastation - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (5) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (7) Devastation - Chance of Hold: Level 50
  • (7) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (34) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade
  • (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30
  • (3) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection: Level 30
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 50
  • (37) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance: Level 50
Level 2: Burst
  • (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 40
  • (13) Decimation - Damage/Endurance: Level 40
  • (13) Decimation - Damage/Recharge: Level 40
  • (15) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 40
  • (15) Decimation - Chance of Build Up: Level 40
  • (19) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 35
Level 4: Wolf Spider Armor
  • (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 50
  • (5) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance: Level 50
Level 6: Combat Jumping
  • (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50
  • (43) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 30
Level 8: Heavy Burst
  • (A) HamiO:Centriole Exposure
  • (9) HamiO:Centriole Exposure
  • (9) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50
  • (31) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50
  • (31) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (31) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
Level 12: Venom Grenade
  • (A) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (19) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (27) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (29) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
  • (29) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize: Level 50
  • (36) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50
Level 14: Wide Area Web Grenade
  • (A) Enfeebled Operation - Endurance/Immobilize: Level 50
  • (40) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50
  • (42) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
  • (43) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge: Level 50
  • (43) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize: Level 50
Level 16: Maneuvers
  • (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
Level 18: Frag Grenade
  • (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (33) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (33) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range: Level 50
  • (33) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (34) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
  • (34) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 50
Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership
  • (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 50
  • (21) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 50
  • (21) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (23) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50
  • (23) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 50
  • (27) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 50
Level 22: Mental Training
  • (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50
Level 24: Cloaking Device
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
Level 26: Tactical Training: Assault
  • (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50
Level 28: Surveillance
  • (A) HamiO:Lysosome Exposure
Level 30: Assault
  • (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50
Level 32: Kick
  • (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50
Level 35: Tough
  • (A) Impervium Armor - Psionic Resistance: Level 40
  • (36) Impervium Armor - Resistance: Level 40
  • (36) Impervium Armor - Resistance/Endurance: Level 40
  • (37) Impervium Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge: Level 40
Level 38: Call Reinforcements
  • (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
  • (40) Call to Arms - Defense Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 30
  • (40) Edict of the Master - Defense Bonus: Level 40
Level 41: Weave
  • (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense: Level 50
  • (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance: Level 50
Level 44: Bayonet
  • (A) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (45) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (45) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (45) Superior Spider's Bite - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (46) Superior Spider's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
  • (46) Superior Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic: Level 50
Level 47: Hasten
  • (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50
  • (48) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50
Level 49: Combat Training: Defensive
  • (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 50
  • (50) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 50
Level 1: Brawl
  • (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge
  • (A) Empty
  • (A) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth: Level 50
Level 2: Rest
  • (A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 50
  • (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50
Level 2: Health
  • (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 50
  • (46) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 50
  • (48) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 50
  • (48) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 40
  • (50) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration: Level 30
Level 2: Hurdle
  • (A) Jumping IO: Level 50
Level 2: Stamina
  • (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 50
  • (50) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50
Level 0: Born In Battle 
  • 53.54 Toxic Damage (12% chance, CancelOnMiss)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 16.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 14.75% Defense(Melee)
  • 10% Defense
  • 12.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 12.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 7.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 7.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 7.88% Defense(Psionic)
  • 8.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 9.45% Max End
  • 3% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  • 24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 70% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 2.5% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 249 HP (23.25%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 12.5%
  • MezResist(Held) 12.5%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 12.5%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 12.5%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 12.5%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 12.5%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 11.5% (0.2 End/sec) Recovery
  • 68% (3.64 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 10.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 10.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 13.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 13.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 8% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 8% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 8% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 14% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 15% SpeedRunning
  •  12% (0.64 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •  24.1 HP (2.25%) HitPoints
  •  3% DamageBuff(All)
Steadfast Protection
  •  1.5% (0.03 End/sec) Recovery
  •  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)
  •  Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)
Unbreakable Guard
  •  2.5% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  •  80.32 HP (7.5%) HitPoints
Decimation
  •  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •  12.05 HP (1.12%) HitPoints
  •  2.25% Max End
  •  6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
Gladiator's Armor
  •  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  •  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic), MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
Luck of the Gambler
  •  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
Annihilation
  •  1.35% Max End
Luck of the Gambler
  •  10% (0.54 HP/sec) Regeneration
Superior Dominion of Arachnos
  •  15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  •  32.13 HP (3%) HitPoints
  •  4% DamageBuff(All)
  •  10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
Enfeebled Operation
  •  3% Enhancement(Immobilized)
  •  2.25% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •  2.5% Defense(Smashing,Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Melee)
  •  3.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
Luck of the Gambler
Positron's Blast
  •  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  •  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  •  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  •  20.08 HP (1.87%) HitPoints
  •  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  •  2.5% Defense(Melee), 1.25% Defense(Lethal), 1.25% Defense(Smashing), 2.5% Defense(Ranged), 1.25% Defense(Energy), 1.25% Defense(Negative), 2.5% Defense(AoE), 1.25% Defense(Fire), 1.25% Defense(Cold)
Luck of the Gambler
Impervium Armor
  •  1.88% Defense(Psionic)
  •  2.25% Max End
  •  6% Resistance(Psionic)
Expedient Reinforcement
  •  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  •  3% DamageBuff(All)
Call to Arms
  •  5% Defense
Edict of the Master
  •  5% Defense
Luck of the Gambler
Superior Spider's Bite
  •  4% DamageBuff(All)
  •  32.13 HP (3%) HitPoints
  •  5% Defense(Melee), 2.5% Defense(Lethal), 2.5% Defense(Smashing)
  •  16% (0.86 HP/sec) Regeneration
  •  3.6% Max End
  •  53.54 Toxic Damage (12% chance, CancelOnMiss)
Reactive Defenses
  •  3% Resistance(All)
Shield Wall
  •  5% Resistance(Lethal), 5% Resistance(Smashing), 5% Resistance(Fire), 5% Resistance(Cold), 5% Resistance(Energy), 5% Resistance(Negative), 5% Resistance(Psionic), 5% Resistance(Toxic)
Preventive Medicine
  •  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)
Performance Shifter
  •  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning

Death is the best debuff.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1594&c=731&a=1462&f=HEX&dc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

That was the build I was able to come up with in keeping with a crabbermind kind of idea.  3 Pets and plenty of recharge on them, I borrowed a bit from your build Redlynne, but I couldn't fit in Aim and the Build Up procs while keeping everything else where I wanted it to be.

• 1 month later

So I've been using this fantastic build on my current Bane!Huntsman, so first of all, thank you, Red, it's an absolute blast to play (and I haven't even reached 50 yet).

That being said, before I get to the endgame, I just want to ask : what kind of Incarnate ability would you say is best suited for this build? (I'm not a great judge of those things, so I prefer referring to you on that)

4 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

what kind of Incarnate ability would you say is best suited for this build?

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

On 6/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, jbrown859 said:

also which incarnates? Cardiac?

On 6/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, Redlynne said:

Whatever makes you happy.

No seriously ...

On 7/4/2019 at 7:09 PM, wonkavator said:

5. What do you recommend for incarnates for your Spider Crab build?

On 7/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, Redlynne said:

EVERYONE and their little brother asks me this question on pretty much every build I post.

The "real" answer is ... whatever makes you happy.  No seriously.  Everyone has slightly different playstyles and "imperatives" for how they want to play THEIR character(s).  When it comes to Incarnate slotting, you're going to be the best arbiter of what is best for you.

Besides, I've got NINE ALTS TO FEED and all of them are still in the single digits on levels because I keep playing the forums instead of playing the game.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, Bronana16969 said:

I've read your thoughts on incarnates and wanted to get your opinion on the matter in a bit more detail specifics kind of way.

Regarding incarnates, the choice to build up to certain thresholds with incarnate bonuses filling in the difference is usually my approach when I create my own builds.  However this not being my build, I was curious if there were any specifics incarnates that would top off any key stats.  Ageless destiny probably being the most obvious as it would close the gap for call reinforcements and settle any and all Endurance issues.

Or - are they any incarnate packages that you feel really make this build shine in one way or another? Musc/assault/degen for example for upping dps (which imo is probably not the best for what this build entails).

On 10/6/2019 at 8:50 PM, Redlynne said:

So my thoughts on Incarnate slotting are ... do whatever makes you happy.

No seriously.

It's your character, even if I made the underlying build for it ... so you might as well do what pleases you most with your Incarnate slot choices.

I quote that history (across the past 2 build posts) so as to give you a sense of how OFTEN the question gets asked.

And ... I really don't have another/different answer to the question of Incarnate slotting than I did before.  Right now, my Hunts(wo)man is only Level 19 (and needs to rob the Skyway Bank again) before I start doing all of the Cap Au Diable contact arcs before moving on to Sharkhead.  I'm really NOT the most knowledgeable about what to pick (and why) for Incarnate slots, and probably won't be for a very long time (like another year maybe?).

So my answer remains ... do whatever makes you happy.

No seriously.

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 2

IifneyR.gif

4 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

So I've been using this fantastic build on my current Bane!Huntsman, so first of all, thank you, Red, it's an absolute blast to play (and I haven't even reached 50 yet).

That being said, before I get to the endgame, I just want to ask : what kind of Incarnate ability would you say is best suited for this build? (I'm not a great judge of those things, so I prefer referring to you on that)

My build is slightly different, but I was sucking wind with the AoE chain until I got incarnates, so I took Cardiac and Ageless.  YMMV.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Mercenary: Level 50 Natural Arachnos Soldier
Power Pool: Medicine

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Dcm-Build%(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(46)
Level 1: Bane Spider Armor Upgrade -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(13), StdPrt-ResKB(31)
Level 2: Burst -- SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(34), Apc-Dam%(50)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Pummel -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Acc/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Dam%(43), PndSlg-Stun%(43)
Level 8: Heavy Burst -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(9), Artl-Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(23), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(29), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(33)
Level 10: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11)
Level 12: Combat Training: Defensive -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(33), Rct-ResDam%(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 14: Bayonet -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(15), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(15), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(43)
Level 16: Wide Area Web Grenade -- GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(17), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(17), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(33), GrvAnc-Hold%(34)
Level 18: Venom Grenade -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(42), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 20: Frag Grenade -- SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Build Up -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 26: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 28: Surveillance -- HO:Lyso(A)
Level 30: Cloaking Device -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 32: Mental Training -- Run-I(A)
Level 35: Tactical Training: Leadership -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(37)
Level 38: Call Reinforcements -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(39), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(40), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 44: Injection -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Aid Self -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(48), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 49: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13), Pnc-Heal/+End(29)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(21)
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment
Level 50: Seers Core Superior Ally
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
------------
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1616;756;1512;HEX;|
		|78DA65944B53134110C77B930D212108989084575E12F32291A817BD50A84095100|
		|B0D725031B5265BB05531891BAC92A307EF1E54A0F4E8032FE841454A3DF83DFC00|
		|BE104ACE56EC9DEE9068E6905FCF7FBA7BA67B6792B973CEB13975770C24F7D9A25|
		|2ADE6C67525BF542A5773D972B1A0A9BAF582B27C5B578A80C39651F5BC5A52F415|
		|2BCEC2FFBB56536794929ACB56B482AAD7C5F09CAE6825ADB4989B520A8BEAF2BF4|
		|EF545B0CF96CBC554B6A2AA0587306754A5820B5DF5097A5797B44AA79867D48296|
		|D74AAA7BA2A2E553F313E373B98C9257F1A7BAACEA2B5E3CDD28348F9A055611111|
		|94C6B44799DE87D4C1C7E424C7E36013865D8ECC0B924624DE041634806C7713340|
		|5A069FD7985BC15477C1FC5251166BA69B44B944F45688C15BC474DA2478045B68A|
		|6FC60FE429A31B5703E4BC4D0ACD01665C688FD71623CC19C067116CC0E568EB59A|
		|2D225FBBCCB410DD6DC4412B31D04EDCC65A6D5CABAD57129ADDC5EC266EA14F07F|
		|9983BD827F007445F82FBD4979169A25143279FA5F30AF5F5D055E63562FF023172|
		|9D18CF1131037451ACDC7591FAD27D89992506E688C1CBC436F4EEE1FD7ADEC8A22|
		|F87DF32DF117D5BC4D87BE2C836D1E89993EAB2381F9885E67A48743F22FAD688B1|
		|75E2C83DEABD1B837BF91BF6724F8C6BE361CD731A81DB84D0AF8F34A92F8148DB2|
		|0C97C8D010374761838657C4433BC426D88FD87386F92BFC3475CF3737E7F1284F6|
		|01B510D71F7ACAF7EB19F339F305717883F992F80963C31C1BDE25EDE86FE63E738|
		|F1819638E137BB0AE289F33CAE78CF1397DB896E0BA12093AA71FB514EF95FA4A77|
		|E5D837E677E60F62FA277387783F5C7FD33518E5DE0DCA07EF1BA09FF688376B351|
		|C30DAA2A45B94132DCAC916655A3EF847A8CD346C7C3AD48D59F9E0DF0024AED8D6|
		|0DE2461B313B765CE71889BFDC6E433349E725F1021CF3D4C1C12055FEAB392E4A7|
		|17B0D4D9202A4B9988ADD5069CF1B4DF642933DDB648F39318CED90AB614F7A1AF6|
		|065EAF34D721C66493E3AAB3B1F8176380FE39|

38 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

I was sucking wind with the AoE chain until I got incarnates

To be fair, MOST builds with AoE attack chains have a higher rate of endurance depletion than single target attack chains ... so no real surprise there.  The only meaningful question then becomes how often there's a "pause" in the action for you to recover a bit of endurance.

Note that Victory Rush will also help mitigate this particular problem as well, so there's that too ...

IifneyR.gif

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Note that Victory Rush will also help mitigate this particular problem as well, so there's that too ...

True, I have never taken it but read one of the posts on it previously and it looks like it could solve the End issues.  Maybe I'll move out of the Medicine pool and pick it up.  I had thought Field Medic might solve the End issues as it allows Aid Self to provide an End boost, but not sure how much it really helps.  The description states "+5.00%% endurance for 8.10s on self Ignores buffs and enhancements unresistable".  My Aid Self recharges in less than 8 seconds, so in theory it is permanent, but the reality is I am attacking and only hit Aid Self when I take damage.  Maybe I can try hitting more often for End management, but now that I have Cardiac and Ageless it is not an issue.

2 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

My Aid Self recharges in less than 8 seconds, so in theory it is permanent, but the reality is I am attacking and only hit Aid Self when I take damage.

Aid Self may recharge in less than 8s but when you add in the animation time for Aid Self (which is nearly 4.5s Arcanatime) and you're already edging up towards consuming 1/3 of your animation time in combat being consumed by animating a non-damaging attack, so you'll rarely want to use it DURING combat (except when taking too much incoming fire).  But then after combat, most of the time you're wanting to move onwards, and in order to use Aid Self you need to stay put during the animation to avoid Interrupt (although the Interrupt time is only 1s, so you can move once you're past the Interrupt while the animation is happening).  Point being that it's not all that convenient to use Aid Self as an Endurance recovery tool if your "burn rate" for endurance in heavy combat is too high.  You CAN do it, but you basically need to "train" yourself as a Player in how to do it (and when and why) in combination with Field Medic.

Victory Rush, by contrast, is pretty dirt simple.

Target the highest ranking $Target before their defeated corpse despawns and use Victory Rush.  Think of it as Vengeance cast on foes rather than on friends if it helps.  The "strength" of the buff varies depending on what you cast it on.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, siolfir said:

For once, the in-game numbers are useful, though - the order, in increasing strength is:

• Underlings, turrets: +5% recovery, 2.5% endurance discount
  • Minions: +10% recovery, 5% endurance discount
  • Lieutenants: +30% recovery, 15% endurance discount
  • Bosses: +60% recovery, +30% endurance discount
  • Elite Bosses: +80% recovery, +40% endurance discount
  • AVs/GMs: +100% recovery, +50% endurance discount

All of the buffs last for 2 minutes, and only the recovery portion is enhanceable.

Victory Rush has a 300s recharge and a 120s buff duration and it is unaffected by recharge enhancement, so you've got a 40% uptime at best (2 out of 5 minutes).  However, the buff affects all allies within 100ft radius of the $Target you cast the power onto (and the base range to cast is only 80ft, so you should be within the buff AoE by default).  As you can imagine, this will dramatically mitigate any net endurance issues you may have, so long as the net endurance "loss" over time is not too great and you get the occasional break in combat to tide you over until the next Victory Rush.  Needless to say, use of Victory Rush every 5 minutes or so can help "spur" steamroller teams to just keep steamrollering.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

• 3 weeks later

For everyone asking what alpha incarnate to take with this build, the shoe-in is Agility Core. More endurance, recharge, and the defense boost pushes melee and AoE defense numbers to softcap. It’s everything this build wants.

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

21 hours ago, AustinSmith said:

For everyone asking what alpha incarnate to take with this build, the shoe-in is Agility Core. More endurance, recharge, and the defense boost pushes melee and AoE defense numbers to softcap. It’s everything this build wants.

That's a very narrow view and most top tier builds are definitely not taking Agility.  Agility will increase your recharge but it will also neuter your proc chances because it factors into the adjusted recharge value (whereas global recharge bonuses from IOs and Hasten don't).  Also, if you build correctly, you can easily defense cap without it and can reach a point of perpetual endurance recovery.  

Agility is a crutch to patch up a bad build.  A well built Soldier should be looking at Musculature, hands down.  

8 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

That's a very narrow view and most top tier builds are definitely not taking Agility.  Agility will increase your recharge but it will also neuter your proc chances because it factors into the adjusted recharge value (whereas global recharge bonuses from IOs and Hasten don't).  Also, if you build correctly, you can easily defense cap without it and can reach a point of perpetual endurance recovery.  

Agility is a crutch to patch up a bad build.  A well built Soldier should be looking at Musculature, hands down.  

The recharge boost from Agility only affects recharge from powers that actually have a recharge enhancement in it; as I understand it, Agility will have zero effect on proc chances in Frag Grenade since the Damage/Recharge enh from the set isn’t being used. It also won’t reduce Heavy Burst’s proc chances in any way. (I’m going off the Bane Spider interpretation of Huntsman).

You’re absolutely correct that you won’t need Agility if your defenses are already softcapped...but the build presented by OP is not softcapped in Melee or AoE, only ranged. If those were softcapped, yeah I’d absolutely go musculature. But they’re not.

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

5 minutes ago, Omega Force said:

Back on Live I used Intuition Radial.  Damage, Range, Debuff vs. Damage, EndMod, Debuff.

That is a very compelling option ...

IifneyR.gif