Please give us an option with stealth powers so that we can see our costumes!

Vilhelm

I love playing device blasters but Field Operative means that I can't see my costume on the character.  Ever...  Please can we get an option to disable this opacity like the dark armor stealth power gets?  I would like to be able to see my blaster's costume without disabling his recovery power.  

• Like 1

This i'snt the 1st time this has been brought up and i empathize i really do. I take stealth on 75% of characters i create. Stealth is an amazing ability, especially when you stack them. Stalkers make excellent use of stealth to great effect. Stealth powers are an aggro management tool. Transparent Characters are not necessarily invisible characters. Stalkers have the HIDDEN status that appears in the upper right corner of the user interface. The problem is other archetypes don't have this "hidden" status even when they are legitimately invisible and undetectable to enemies. If the transparency of stealth powers are removed It becomes more difficult to determine if you are hidden or not. Now i'm aware that you can use combat logs and/or this would be a voluntary action but, Id like to see my characters too. I don't want a cluttered interface. I would like all AT's to have the green HIDDEN status appear in the upper right corner when they achieve a certain level of stealth. thank you for reading my ted talk lol

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

30 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

This i'snt the 1st time this has been brought up and i empathize i really do. I take stealth on 75% of characters i create. Stealth is an amazing ability, especially when you stack them. Stalkers make excellent use of stealth to great effect. Stealth powers are an aggro management tool. Transparent Characters are not necessarily invisible characters. Stalkers have the HIDDEN status that appears in the upper right corner of the user interface. The problem is other archetypes don't have this "hidden" status even when they are legitimately invisible and undetectable to enemies. If the transparency of stealth powers are removed It becomes more difficult to determine if you are hidden or not. Now i'm aware that you can use combat logs and/or this would be a voluntary action but, Id like to see my characters too. I don't want a cluttered interface. I would like all AT's to have the green HIDDEN status appear in the upper right corner when they achieve a certain level of stealth. thank you for reading my ted talk lol

You can always just monitor your PVE stealth radius from Combat Attributes, which is functionally the same as a HIDDEN popup but with the advantage that it won't be an extra piece of info on the screen for people who don't want it there.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

It's too bad we can't design a custom costume that applies specifically when we are concealed. Would be kind of cool if a Stalker could turn camouflage or into a shadow or something when Hide is active.

I also share your concern about hidden costumes. This is why I stopped playing Energy Armor. 

While I can understand a desire to keep the opacity to indicate when stealth is in effect, device blasters can't choose to run without it without giving up their recovery power.  

Can we get the option of having the recovery aspect of field operative without the stealth?