Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Release Candidates)

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • Changes from the previous build will be listed in green.
  • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds (as in, not changes relevant to the live version of the game) will be listed in blue.

Costume Editor Update

• Now that the back-end costume changes have receiving enough stability testing, we're happy to bring you some long-awaited updates to the costume editor!
    • Please give these updates a thorough test and let us know if anything looks out of place!
  • Auras have been separated into two slots: Auras and Path Auras
  • Boots and gloves now have an asymmetrical toggle, which can be toggled off to allow separate left and right glove and boot selection
  • Not every set of gloves and boots are available in asymmetrical mode - some have been intentionally omitted, please do not report these as bugs
    • More pieces will be added as they pass internal testing and QA
    • All sets of gloves and boots remain available in symmetrical mode
  • Changes in this build:
    • Fixed further issues with Cosmic Corsair parts
    • Added asymmetrical classic (wooden) peg legs (thanks @Naomi!)

image.png.1af0a15dbcb19ada1e775bf0aa82f48d.png

asym-2.thumb.png.5f96a05184234d4499adf3db11c54157.pngasym-1.thumb.png.a0ba864c15e170136111e5daf9e994a3.png

asym-4.thumb.png.e90b354fe068b5259a981725b5be8671.pngasym-3.thumb.png.2313a885339b556bd2664852fe9179bf.png

asym-5.thumb.png.c6554c9bb2f3ab25edbeaacc35c40ea8.png

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I have tried a male and a female, hero and villain.  The gloves and boots look good.  In both cases I had a ton of lag and the game was not playable - I am assuming that is not related to this feature though.

The pirate peg leg is great, I combined it with the corsair glove with no hook to make a scarecrow with stick arms and legs.  This is a great feature and I love the options it gives me.  Thanks Naomi.

• Like 1

• Jimmy changed the title to Focused Feedback: Costume Editor Updates (Release Candidates)

Alright, I was finally able to make a character with all the Cosmic Corsair hook and peg leg parts without getting an error, and I was happy to find you can have the pirate peg leg on both legs. I was disappointed, however, that the pirate hook seems to be only available on the left arm, and not the right.

• City Council
3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Alright, I was finally able to make a character with all the Cosmic Corsair hook and peg leg parts without getting an error, and I was happy to find you can have the pirate peg leg on both legs. I was disappointed, however, that the pirate hook seems to be only available on the left arm, and not the right.

That'll likely be coming in the future - Page 5 isn't the end of the costume editor updates 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Jimmy unpinned this topic

As far as I can tell, some glove options are missing when asymmetrical. At the very least, Talons and Awakened that I was able to find.

B5krtWX.jpg

As you can see, it's hard to tell precisely which ones are missing, because they're not in the same order. I'd have to manually check every single one and compare both lists. But these three at the very least were missing.

• City Council
On 3/28/2020 at 12:31 PM, Dispari said:

As far as I can tell, some glove options are missing when asymmetrical. At the very least, Talons and Awakened that I was able to find.

Known issue, just like all the boots that were missing on the first pass. The reason, in both cases, is that a large number of costume pieces don't exist as individual left/right models; all the boots that were missing on the first version of this patch had both legs in the "right leg" model, except Awakened, which had both legs in the "left leg" model.  @Naomi spent a long time separating those into new left/right models; the original model is still used when asymmetry is toggled off in order to keep compatibility with older costumes.

Several gloves and all of the shoulder pieces need to go through a similar process, but we don't want to delay the Page 5 release just for that.

Edited by Faultline
  • Like 3

• Jimmy locked this topic