Air burst conversion

DR_Mechano

• 7 months later

As of issue 27 page 3 attuned Air Burst IOs still do not give an option to convert by category.

ABVert.jpg.cb76e6b6c412d17de12183fe5925435d.jpg

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• 5 months later
On 12/11/2021 at 5:52 AM, LQT said:

As of issue 27 page 3 attuned Air Burst IOs still do not give an option to convert by category.

ABVert.jpg.cb76e6b6c412d17de12183fe5925435d.jpg

This should not have been new to Page 3. This is a long-standing issue with how the conversion process works for Attuned IOs. The problem is that Attuned pieces count as their lowest available crafted level for conversion processing. Air Burst is the only Ranged AoE set that exists at level 10, so there's no way to convert it to any other set. That means the only option is to convert it to another Uncommon.

• 5 weeks later

Still not working on Live and not working on current page 4 test patch.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• 11 months later
9 hours ago, Starcadian said:

Attuned versions of Air Burst and Exploit Weakness still not converting to their respective categories. Hopefully a fix will happen.

As previously discussed, an attuned IO has an internal level that does not show.  If you craft a level 10 Air Burst or Exploit Weakness, you cannot convert them by category because at level 10 they are the only set IN the category, so that makes sense.

Now, if you attune your level 10 with a catalyst, even though it is now attuned, it still has an internal level of 10, so it still cannot convert by category.  However, it appears that when you convert an attuned IO, it resets the internal unseen level to a random level in the new set range.  A few minutes ago, I crafted a level 10 Air Burst and tried to convert by category.  You cannot, of course, because there is no other set in category at level 10.  Then I attuned it, and I still could not convert by category because it is still level 10 and there still is no other set in category at level 10.

However, I converted it by rarity and got a Quickfoot.  I know that the internal level has changed for the simple reason that Quickfoot is not available at level 10.  If I converted it again and got back an Air Burst, that Air Burst may or may not be convertible by category depending on whether or not its internal level is 20 or higher.

So I don't know exactly when the level changes, but it does.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?

I haven't played in a while...is there something great in the TAOE category now that would justify a convert by category for Air Burst? I'm reading wondering what's the best case scenario even if it works? Ditto for exploit weakness. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Vee said:

Is there something great in the TAOE category now that would justify a convert by category for Air Burst?

Just as one example, the level range of Air Burst overlaps that of Positron's Blast, which sells for a lot more. The issue seems to be that, when attuned, IOs that were in the 10-19 range before being attuned still get treated as if they're that level for conversion, where there are no other Ranged AoE sets for them to convert to.

Yeah i get the technical issue, was just curious as to why it'd be worth it to convert within ranged aoe rather than just convert out of category. Posi were worth anywhere from 1.5 to 3.5 million if you hit the proc when I last played, with the bombardment proc being maybe a bit more. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Vee said:

Yeah i get the technical issue, was just curious as to why it'd be worth it to convert within ranged aoe rather than just convert out of category.

Perhaps not for sale, but I could see someone slotting Air Burst at lower levels, then want to convert them to a better set when the character is higher level and has more slots, but the attuned IO they bought off the AH is, invisibly, a level-12 IO someone listed on the AH that won't convert to another Ranged AoE set.

• Thumbs Up 1