Restore Galaxy City

Knyghte

Back during Beta testing and during the first few years the game was live, I started every character in Galaxy City. The music, the urban feel of the zone, grinding through Constellation Row and Gemini Park were part of the draw. Over time, I had started a dozen characters there. It was home. Somehow it was more home than my home in RL (as sad as that is to say). I miss being able to start up a new character in my old home and play through the way I did back in he day.

Many will say, "Well just go to Ouro and run around in Echo GC. But that really isn't what does it for me. I sorely miss being able to play through the missions and the early content of this great zone.

My hope is that there are enough people out there who feel the same way I do about GC. That my plea will not go unheard.

Please bring back GC.

• Like 4

I don't remember seeing any Neo-Shivans in either Dr. Graves or Twinshot's missions which take place in Post-Meteor Galaxy City.  I figured that they had contained the Shivan somehow at that point, and just need to haul the meteors out of there to initiate the restoration process.

Then again . . . look how long it's taken the City to fix Boomtown.

3 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Then again . . . look how long it's taken the City to fix Boomtown.

Or The Hollows ... or Faultline ... or Crey's Folly ... or Dark Astor- wait, they never even tried to fix Dark Astoria did they?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I do miss having Galaxy City as alternate hero starter zone.

It never seemed to draw huge crowds the way Atlas always, not sure why.

I always thought that Galaxy City would have eventually been brought back revamped as a Level 50 Thru 53 zone with incarnate level threats.

Bonus points if they took the groups that used to be there on live & scaled them up into incarnate version threats.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vanden said:

But it's all full of meteors and the meteors are full of monsters

I thought there was supposed to be some weird history based on character level or something.  

So do level 1 characters live in the now?  Or in the then?

Idk is confusing. 

City of Heroes timeline was always messy, but yeah . . . any semblance of time progressing based on level was totally thrown out the window (again) with the Galaxy City Tutorial.

But then stuff like various Praetorian invasion missions obscures the timeline even further by flip-flpping between the "in the now" timeline AND the "level progression" timeline.

In short:  Use your imagination and play pretend that it makes sense!  There's no guarantee that anyone else will be playing by the same rules you are, but considering how many player-characters are "The -ONE- who single-handedly X, Y, Z'd" . . . yeah.  Tis a silly place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2