Not actually an insane request! Honestly.

Darmian

On 4/13/2020 at 8:02 AM, thunderforce said:

I rather like the original request; Kameron's struggles to get to 50 as a goldsider have provided some interest in server chat. Also, suggest a goldside mission in 40-50 where Black Swan requests your assistance in dealing with Positron's incursion into her domain, which ends with you capturing him. 🙂

That would be interesting! Take a bit more work than just authorising access to ITF though. As an aside, I'm wondering if the original code is still in there, just shut off from access rather than deleted. Like when it was States rather than Positron. Or Siege's original look.  And while I'm asiding, Praetoria is littered with police stations yet no mention of a law enforcement day job badge anywhere!

Edited by Darmian
  • Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 1 month later

I'm going to bump this again, because why not??? LOL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

And

for the goldsider in your life. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

On 4/7/2020 at 7:31 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

After all, Praetoria and Primal shared a LOT of common history.  It would make sense that their Cimerora would be virtually indistinguishable from the other.

I mean, Kheldians don't exist in Praetoria, despite having been on the planet for centuries on Primal Earth, and even without the aforementioned "twist" of co-time-travelers, Romulus was described in other parts of the lore as "the first Nictus" on Earth.  So Praetorian Cimerora probably was different from Primal Cimerora.  Heck, that might have been the true divergence point of the two dimensions, even.

The current situation is kinda annoying in some ways because it's so close to allowing full Praetorian. Fill in the level 40 to 50 gap and tack in a Goldside breadcrumbs mission and theycould even have you in DA as part of Duncan's entourage or something.

Edited by blayzemaster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

I mean, Kheldians don't exist in Praetoria, despite having been on the planet for centuries on Primal Earth, and even without the aforementioned "twist" of co-time-travelers, Romulus was described in other parts of the lore as "the first Nictus" on Earth.  So Praetorian Cimerora probably was different from Primal Cimerora.  Heck, that might have been the true divergence point of the two dimensions, even.

I think it surely must be one of those "Mirror, Mirror" style universes that keeps getting pulled back into alignment so people can keep meeting their counterparts. (Perhaps that is why Primal Earth is "Primal"; the other universes do actually dance to its tune). As you say, Praetoria was different centuries ago, yet Cole and Richter found the Well; and surely the universe would diverge with Richter's death, and yet we know from Praetor Duncan's Personal Story that their Miss Liberty was very like ours (in spite of the way her uncle is dead and her father very, very different).

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:43 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Good to know you can participate in iTrials.

Sadly it seems not.

Except now I have! First iTrial completed as a level 50 Gold Sider. Dilemma Diabolique. Much fun was had. So that's an ability to do iTrials ticked off. 

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

Add TPN and Lamda to that little list of things,!

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to mention welcoming Remote-Control Man to the ranks of level 50 Gold Siders!

• Like 1

Time-traveling and Parallel Universing have been staples of the Super Hero Comicbook genre for so long that it's probably safe to call it 'always'. And, always, different authors and artists have different takes on how these fraught-with-paradoxes concepts would work. CoH has always existed to be a sandbox for players to create their own stories for their own characters and to embrace comic-book tropes rather than to redefine them.

Accordingly, I am absolutely fine with just dropping a portal or a crystal in the Night Ward Midnighter's mansion that leads to 'Primal' Cimerora. You make up your OWN story about how you got there and what you did with the situation. If it features the Midnighters, that's great. It's also great if it doesn't..

• Like 1