Not actually an insane request! Honestly.

Darmian

Can (at some time in the future, soon if doable) the Cimerora area and ITF be made available to Praetorians? Night Ward already has a Midnight Mansion with a space for a Crystal. It doesn't affect anything else and Praetorians still won't be running around Paragon/Rogue Isles. Thanks for listening.

• Like 8

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

16 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Can (at some time in the future, soon if doable) the Cimerora area and ITF be made available to Praetorians?

Praetorians cap at 20.  Cimerora and the ITF have a minimum level of 35.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

1 minute ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Praetorians can continue in First Ward and Night Ward, Doc, without having to move to Paragon or the Isles, as I understand it.  They can't quite make it to 50 with appropriately-levelled content, but Praetoria -does- extend to 40, at least.

You can go to Pocket D though, where there is an AE

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Praetorians can continue in First Ward and Night Ward, Doc, without having to move to Paragon or the Isles, as I understand it.  They can't quite make it to 50 with appropriately-levelled content, but Praetoria -does- extend to 40, at least.

But you can go to Paragon City.  And you already have the midnighter badge, which makes Cimerora a snap to get to.  Why spend time coding something you can already do?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Because there are players who want to play as a "Pure Praetorian."

I'm not one of them (yet, maybe some day), but I still think it's not a bad idea to cater to diverse character concepts.

After all, Praetoria and Primal shared a LOT of common history.  It would make sense that their Cimerora would be virtually indistinguishable from the other.

Player options are great options!

• Like 4

Because I am a level 50 Praetorian. Kameron Daniels on Reunion. And I'd like to play more. Simple as that. Yes I have other characters and enjoy those too, but we enjoy many concepts. 

• Like 5

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Its more like DC/Star Trek where we have both alternate timelines/dimensions, but also have the ability to manipulate specific dimensions timelines even though that should just create new( if they are even new and didnt just exist among the infinite possible variations already) timelines.

The Arrowverse of WB(( I assume soon we will call it the flashverse now that Arrow is over)) is a major offender of this mix and match for plot purposes. Speedsters such as Flash are shown to be capable of altering a timeline( flashpoint paradox) yet we also up until the crisis crossover had the infinite dimensions.

Star Trek TNG especially is infamous for the episode when we see the hundreds of  variant Enterprises, yet we also know time travel can impact the prime timeline( The Kelvinverse of trek09 being the most infamous example of that off the top of my head).

Especially in Sci Fi, its really best if one is used and the other ignored. Though both are perfectly good tools for sci fi adventures, mixing them together can create real head scratchers. Not to mention effectively killing every non time travel character if the protagonist ends up living in a new variation. The characters might be similar but they are still not the supporting case we grew attached to. I seem to recall feeling very offended by the Sci Fi show Eureka when a handful of the characters ended up traveling into the past, changing history and returning to an alternate present. Every character not part of that event was basically a different character then the counterpart we had known, especially if we assume multiverse theory and our old versions are still out there never to be seen again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How? Usual answer. Magic. Plus, and I may be wrong, often am, there isn't a change until Cole kills Richter in Praetoria and not on Primal. Then the branch. Before that it's the same past.

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

"After all, Praetoria and Primal shared a LOT of common history.  It would make sense that their Cimerora would be virtually indistinguishable from the other."

By that logic, shouldn't they get their own Cimerora rather than traveling to Primal Earth's.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

26 minutes ago, Darmian said:

How? Usual answer. Magic. Plus, and I may be wrong, often am, there isn't a change until Cole kills Richter in Praetoria and not on Primal. Then the branch. Before that it's the same past.

Which itself doesn't quite work lorewise. There are *so many* little differences in there. There's no mention of Kheldians, for one, meanwhile there was the Path of the Dark here (and SHadowstar in Ancient Egypt, reinforcing the Kheldian thing.)

There is no Council and there are no Nictus to go back and make an offer to Romulus.

And really, no group with the tech or clout to go back and change things other than the Praetorian leadership - and if *they* did it, I think they'd be more interested in stopping Hamidon before the whole mess got started. (Well, some. I mean there's the whole idea of gaining or losing position and power, which itself would be an interesting bit of story, but rather unrelated to Cimerora.)

If the Praetorians, for whatever reason, went back to their Cimerora, they'd ... have a Roman colony. Essentially the whole framework that puts the Cimerora plan into motion (and alters our own past, slightly) is just not there.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Yeeeeeah . . . okay.  Sorry, @Darmian . . . there are some really convincing arguments here.  I tried!

But, still, my original statement of "Continuity?  Timeline? -WHICH- Timeline!? /WHERE/ Continuity?!" kind of applies to the overall issue of disallowing Praetorians in to regular Red and Blue Zones in the first place.  While I can't argue Cimerora specifically in good faith any longer, I still think that overall the continuity has broken down far enough at this point to permit them access to anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mind you, I'm not against Praetorians getting content to easily take them to 50 if they so choose. Different argument entirely.

.... hmm. Though, why *can't* they have their own Pratormerora? The maps are perfectly fine to reuse. The "How to get there" and "What is the point" has to undergo a massive reworking, though.

- Team finds Egg Macguffin. For whatever reason ("Important reason, we trust you!" to "Send this guy and get rid of him") you're sent back. Maybe there were prior teams who came back 'damaged,' but what they did report was intrieguing enough to send a powerful team back. Macguffin does not allow other times to be visited or the destination to change and is likely close to failing.

- You're in the PraeRoman "Era of Gods," before the empire fell. A civil war still exists. PraeRommy has found a way to steal the power of one of the leaders and is successfully pushing the civil war there, borrowing a few notes from Primal Cim. You realize how much this might change history and have to fight. (This may even be a mission arc for the players - *find and destroy* this method before it's used on  you.)

- You're eventually given a choice after (insert storylines here.) Bring back some potentially promising "monsters" (probably after some fragment of Hamidon-ick infects something and you find they're resistant) to try to rescue modern-Praetoria, or fight to salvage a land you can bring the survivors of Imperial City back to, thousands of years before the Hamidon threat - plenty of time, hopefully, to at least warn of what will happen, if not find a counter. Granted, this would split the timeline, most likely, but hey - some part of Praetoria would live.

Tyrant and crew end up being less of a problem because the "time of gods" fades and so does their power - so they can't create a two thousand year world empire. They will pass away and be myths... at least until the timeline hits them again.

Thus Cim gets its own, world-and-lore compatible and specific Cimerora. Of course, that leaves the question of why *you* are still around, but of all the other issues, that's probably the smallest!

Edited by Greycat
  • Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I would suggest that Cimerora be considered to be a portion of shared history prior to the two dimensions separated.

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Mind you, I'm not against Praetorians getting content to easily take them to 50 if they so choose. Different argument entirely.

.... hmm. Though, why *can't* they have their own Pratormerora? The maps are perfectly fine to reuse. The "How to get there" and "What is the point" has to undergo a massive reworking, though.

- Team finds Egg Macguffin. For whatever reason ("Important reason, we trust you!" to "Send this guy and get rid of him") you're sent back.

That seems very fun, coupled with the fact that it's essentially a desk top theme to an existing game instance/map as opposed to new content whole cloth. And far more thought out than my own notion other than "it's  magic', Neuron telling you "I've made this thing which if it works could prevent the loss of First Ward. But none of my clockwork come back. (He's built a time device and isn't actually trying to get to Cim) you're expendable...ah.. courageous, grab some of your friends and find out." Then post mission he's  all  "what thing? Time travel sounds like something Keyes would do. He'll do anything to get his praetor job back. Supers from another earth? Nazis? Oh they weren't actually Nazis. Right. I don't have time, get it? ,to deal with this. Get lost.'

Thanks for all the answers so far! It does just boil down to loving Praetoria and still wanting to team with your friends. Yes, taken the leave route before, that's fun too. I  just think there should be the option of staying and playing rather than staying and mothballing. 

Edited by Darmian

Night Ward is so messed up anyway, and so full of magic running around all over the place, why not just have a weird portal suddenly appear in Night Ward Midnighter Mansion, and have it lead to perfectly normal Cimerora?  Stick a spell next to it to say "We don't know where this came from or where it leads!  Enter at your own peril!"

Call it...a manifestation of interdimensional magic resonance triggered by the creation of the TUNNEL system.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I vote yes to this not specifically for Cimerora, but as part of a larger project to actually remember Gold exists.

FACT: Praetoria possesses several TUNNEL portals, none of which the natives can use.

FACT: Praetorians have to sneak in and out of Pocket D through the coat closet.  Sometimes there's someone back there throwing up on my shoes.

...and also, several Praetorian day jobs are still super broken (I got the caregiver badge by standing in front of a train station!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3