Upcoming Weekly Discussion Power Set Poll - Vote!

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey guys! So we have covered every AT in the game - lets move on to power sets you guys want to cover. 

Go here to vote on my google form poll!

Check poll results here.

Only the power sets with a good amount of votes will be talked about - so vote and make your friends vote too!

Contact me with any questions!

Edited by GM Miss

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

4 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Might be in the minority, but if we could show Assault Rifle some love, that'd be great!

On second thought, Assault Rifle IS another set that could use polishing/buffing pass.  Some of the elements of Soldier of Arachnos rifle attacks ought to be backported over to Assault Rifle ... and maybe even go so far as to swap out the functionality of Ignite for the functionality of Enflame from the Sorcery pool.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Oh and one other suggestion which isn't powerset specific but which is Archetype Unique.

Mastermind ATOs.

Right now, they can only be slotted into 3 or 4 power (Gang War and Hell on Earth are the 4th powers in this case) which is over the top restricting for any Mastermind primary aside from Demons and Thugs.

I would recommend that as a broadly based Archetype remedy to this disparity of (slotting) outcomes that unique to the Mastermind Archetype ... ALL Mastermind personal attacks in their primaries be edited to permit slotting of Pet sets and Recharge intensive Pet sets and also Mastermind ATOs into the 3 personal attack powers in their primaries.  This would not only incentivize actually taking those personal attacks (as mules if nothing else) while at the same time "leveling the slotting playing field" between Demons/Thugs and all the other Mastermind primaries in terms of having enough slots to round out the need for a multitude of procs that currently can only be fit into pet summoning powers at the expense of Accuracy, Damage, and Endurance Reduction (all of which are kind of needed).

So that's more of a collective change proposal, rather than something unique and specific to (a) particular powerset(s), and which wouldn't require editing the actual power effects at all ... only which slots are allowed into 3 powers (the personal attacks) per Mastermind primary.

IifneyR.gif

15 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Looking at the results, my bet is that people want to talk about the one flaw in their overpowered set that if they could just get that removed they would be a god.

I looked at it the other way, I voted for Kinetics, the set that is borderline weaksauce except for 1 power which makes it a god

Edited by Seigmoraig

• Retired Lead Game Master
12 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Oh and one other suggestion which isn't powerset specific but which is Archetype Unique.

Mastermind ATOs.

Right now, they can only be slotted into 3 or 4 power (Gang War and Hell on Earth are the 4th powers in this case) which is over the top restricting for any Mastermind primary aside from Demons and Thugs.

I would recommend that as a broadly based Archetype remedy to this disparity of (slotting) outcomes that unique to the Mastermind Archetype ... ALL Mastermind personal attacks in their primaries be edited to permit slotting of Pet sets and Recharge intensive Pet sets and also Mastermind ATOs into the 3 personal attack powers in their primaries.  This would not only incentivize actually taking those personal attacks (as mules if nothing else) while at the same time "leveling the slotting playing field" between Demons/Thugs and all the other Mastermind primaries in terms of having enough slots to round out the need for a multitude of procs that currently can only be fit into pet summoning powers at the expense of Accuracy, Damage, and Endurance Reduction (all of which are kind of needed).

So that's more of a collective change proposal, rather than something unique and specific to (a) particular powerset(s), and which wouldn't require editing the actual power effects at all ... only which slots are allowed into 3 powers (the personal attacks) per Mastermind primary.

I believe that was mentioned in the ATO chat already.

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

29 minutes ago, GM Miss said:

I believe that was mentioned in the ATO chat already.

Think I was probably the one to mention it in the previous topic, as you cite, but it is something that would have large reverberating effects on every Mastermind primary powerset.

IifneyR.gif

I think the biggest thing that needs discussion is War Mace and Axe, and Broad Sword and Katana(/ninja blade). They're very old sets and you can really feel it, there's complete overlap between these pairs. I'm not going to claim that they need big re-works, instead they need a little bit of a tweak each to better differentiate them.

Apart from that, the typical underperformers in each powerset (Poison is what I have a personal stake in, but I fully acknowledge that other sets might need attention more), but I also think that some of the awkward early 'combo' sets could be looked at: Dual blades is the big one, but in my experience neither Street Justice nor Beam Rifle actually flows in effect as nicely as it should on paper. Street Justice has a total of three combo builders before level 26, meaning that if any one of them misses you can't get that nice full-power combo finisher, and in my experience Sweeping Cross in particular is... lackluster. This can make leveling awkward. Beam rifle has excellent single-target damage, but part of the point is to flow between targets using disintegration spread, which feels almost nonexistant at lower levels.

Mind, I don't have a lot of experience at higher levels so both these sets might become super-consistent later on, but for the beginning of their progression they feel odd.

1 hour ago, Lost Deep said:

Broad Sword and Katana(/ninja blade). They're very old sets and you can really feel it, there's complete overlap between these pairs. I'm not going to claim that they need big re-works, instead they need a little bit of a tweak each to better differentiate them.

Easiest possible way to differentiate these sets would be to convert Broadsword from being yet another Defense Debuff set (the game is simply littered with too many of those) and instead make it a Resistance Debuffing set.  Just take the -Defense values, double them, and change them over to -Resistance (not affected by enhancements) and remove the Defense Debuff enhancements and sets from the slotting options.

There are other options to differentiate the sets ... but that's the most obvious and simple one if you're willing to "blow that cottage house down" on that one point for Broadsword.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

I voted for Electrical Blast, Assault Rifle, Empathy, Stone Melee and every singe Blaster secondary.

Some for the sake of discussing improvement, sure, but a coupla things just because they're fun to talk about. Some sets just feel right, even if they're "only" average performers.

• Like 1

• GM Miss unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic