Thinking of Starting a Less Popular Defender

00Troy00

I don't see many though (not like it used to be). Did they get nerfed all to hell?  I always enjoyed playing them and looking after my team.

On a related note, what secondary(ies) is good for empathy.

I'm also thinking about a FF defender. Again, not the sexiest powerset to play, but it can make the squishy members of your team much less so, and can turn the right tank into an unstoppable force. Not to mention Personal Force Field can allow you to rush in and take the alpha. Now that you can do knowdown instead of knockback,  Repel and Repulsion Field will be genuinely team friendly.

Same question: any thoughts on a secondary with some really good synergy?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by 00Troy00

Defenders didn't get nerfed (they've actually been buffed a bit), but some builds become less relevant once everybody gets to 50, slots their uber purple builds, and T3's their Incarnate abilities.  There just isn't as much of a need for healers or buffers when everybody is basically untouchable and buffed by IO sets and Incarnate abilities.  FF and Empathy Defenders are probably hardest hit by this.

The one niche where Defenders shine is debuffing.  Defenders are still kings there, and everyone wants -Def, -Res, and especially -Regen debuffers for taking down the +4x8 mobs and AVs.  Rad, Kin, Time, and Sonic are notable favorites (but by no means the complete list).

• Like 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

As noted above, ally buffing isn't all that useful in endgame.

However, the larger issue is that virtually any Force Field build you could come up would work better with another set. There's not much of anything in the set that isn't done as well elsewhere - and generally done in conjunction with far more useful supplemental features.

I have a FF build that works pretty well at all levels. Basically it involved only taking 3/4 of the powers (the 3 shields and repulsion bomb or PFF) and using the space that creates to go full leadership, full secondary, fighting and medicine. 
The great thing about FF, in a paradoxical way, is it can perform its core role with so few power choices and so leaves you free to pick up so much from pools and secondary. It was difficult to recreate the build with Cold Dom as there was too much I couldn’t skip.

Also FF is very passive, so in addition to letting you pick up all these other cool powers, it gives you the space, in terms of time, to play as if your secondary was your primary.

Grab Power Build Up (at 35!), and your shields can give people almost 40% defence, and with dispersion bubble or maneuvers you’ve pretty

much soft capped the teams defence, by yourself, and with no need to debuff anything. (This is nowhere near as effective if FF is a secondary, so a defender speciality). And of course, mess protection for squishes as default. 
Then you’re free to go round blasting things. So pick a good blasting set and let rip. You have the space to pick up every blast and slot them all to max. Play like a blaster (well, a clever blaster, we are defenders after all!), comforted by the knowledge that everyone is safe.

Yes it lacks in debuffs, but FF is great at picking one specific role and doing it to the max. People might say everyone has good defence at incarnate trials, but first of all that’s not my experience, and second of all, you can bring all your shields to a Positron 1 TF. It can do its core job very effectively, and at all level ranges. 

I haven’t figured out what blast works best For this role. But I’m drawn to Beam Rifle; it brings some debuffs that might compliment FF nicely, and repulsion bomb can be used to fill the AoE gap.

Go shield and blast!

Edited by Peacemoon
  • Like 2

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

If you are insistent upon empathy (it's actually a great set in PvP, pve not so much), look at sonic or rad blast to have some debuffs.

That said some of the best defender powerset combos I've experimented with on HC....

Poison/Rad (the secondary can be swapped to a few choices like fire, sonic, ice, dark)

Kin/Sonic (make you and your team hit for more damage than the damage caps)

Time/Dark - defense caps a team, has a couple heals, and more debuffs.

6 hours ago, Hjarki said:

As noted above, ally buffing isn't all that useful in endgame.

However, the larger issue is that virtually any Force Field build you could come up would work better with another set. There's not much of anything in the set that isn't done as well elsewhere - and generally done in conjunction with far more useful supplemental features.

Can you give some examples?

5 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

I have a FF build that works pretty well at all levels. Basically it involved only taking 3/4 of the powers (the 3 shields and repulsion bomb or PFF) and using the space that creates to go full leadership, full secondary, fighting and medicine. 
The great thing about FF, in a paradoxical way, is it can perform its core role with so few power choices and so leaves you free to pick up so much from pools and secondary. It was difficult to recreate the build with Cold Dom as there was too much I couldn’t skip.

Also FF is very passive, so in addition to letting you pick up all these other cool powers, it gives you the space, in terms of time, to play as if your secondary was your primary.

Grab Power Build Up (at 35!), and your shields can give people almost 40% defence, and with dispersion bubble or maneuvers you’ve pretty

much soft capped the teams defence, by yourself, and with no need to debuff anything. (This is nowhere near as effective if FF is a secondary, so a defender speciality). And of course, mess protection for squishes as default. 
Then you’re free to go round blasting things. So pick a good blasting set and let rip. You have the space to pick up every blast and slot them all to max. Play like a blaster (well, a clever blaster, we are defenders after all!), comforted by the knowledge that everyone is safe.

Yes it lacks in debuffs, but FF is great at picking one specific role and doing it to the max. People might say everyone has good defence at incarnate trials, but first of all that’s not my experience, and second of all, you can bring all your shields to a Positron 1 TF. It can do its core job very effectively, and at all level ranges. 

I haven’t figured out what blast works best For this role. But I’m drawn to Beam Rifle; it brings some debuffs that might compliment FF nicely, and repulsion bomb can be used to fill the AoE gap.

Go shield and blast!

Mind showing me your build?

3 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

Can you give some examples?

Time Manipulation is probably one of the most egregious ones that comes to my mind.  TM was a newer set before shutdown and it is incredibly powerful with a complete build.  Far Sight is a team buff that grants defense to all and it can be made permanent with recharge investment.  On top of this, you also get a set loaded with other tricks (a hold, a few aoe control powers, enemy debuffs, healing, and recharge boost to the team).  

The Force Field Generator in Traps can protect the team from a lot of status effects as well as providing defense to everything.  

Cold Domination also brings +defense to teammates while offering other effects (slows, resistance debuffing, regeneration debuffing, and so on).  

Those are just some sets off the top of my head that deal with defense buffs and include other features.  

Radiation Emission and Dark Miasma are also very strong enemy-focused debuffing sets with a few other tricks thrown in for good measure.  

I wouldn't steer you away from FF if that's what suites you.  You can contribute to teams just fine and if you choose to exemplar down for lower level TF's those force field bubbles can still be very, very welcome.  

29 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

FF isn't the least popular Defender set by a long shot.
Traps/AR is where you want to be if you wanted a bottom of the barrel Defender

image.thumb.png.9cfab5691f0629e44dc367f2586de4c8.png

This graphic is really interesting. C0nsidering how few empathy defenders I see these days, I'm surprised it's so high. What's the date on this data?

7 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

This graphic is really interesting. C0nsidering how few empathy defenders I see these days, I'm surprised it's so high. What's the date on this data?

Just note as far as I know this is total, whether active or not. So they could be inactive now.

I don’t think I’ve seen a traps defender yet,  it my rad/ is assault rifle, so now I feel special! (Well extra special!) 

Will post my FF build 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

36 minutes ago, oldskool said:

Time Manipulation is probably one of the most egregious ones that comes to my mind.  TM was a newer set before shutdown and it is incredibly powerful with a complete build.  Far Sight is a team buff that grants defense to all and it can be made permanent with recharge investment.  On top of this, you also get a set loaded with other tricks (a hold, a few aoe control powers, enemy debuffs, healing, and recharge boost to the team).  

The Force Field Generator in Traps can protect the team from a lot of status effects as well as providing defense to everything.  

Cold Domination also brings +defense to teammates while offering other effects (slows, resistance debuffing, regeneration debuffing, and so on).  

Those are just some sets off the top of my head that deal with defense buffs and include other features.  

Radiation Emission and Dark Miasma are also very strong enemy-focused debuffing sets with a few other tricks thrown in for good measure.  

I wouldn't steer you away from FF if that's what suites you.  You can contribute to teams just fine and if you choose to exemplar down for lower level TF's those force field bubbles can still be very, very welcome.  

I think my first post really highlights the benefits of FF. Which is mainly the fire and forget nature and space and time to then focus on other things. Cold Domination is probably objectively better with a broader suite of skills including debuffs like Sleet.

As for Time, it is powerful but reliance on a boosted pbaoe buff you have to keep recasting can wear thin. My main is a dark/dark controller who relies on Fade, and after 40 veteran levels worth of play I can tell you it gets annoying, especially if it drops and you don’t realise. Not to say it isn’t good, but there are a QoL considerations, and FF is great with that in mind!

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

You could also consider Sonic Resonance. It's very similar to Force Field but with a few more offensive tools. You will have 2 forms of "bubbles" to place on allies in addition to a PBAoE pulsing bubble you can visually see.

Disruption Field: Ally-targetted pulsing PBAoE -Res effect.

Sonic Repulsion: Instead of Repulsion Bubble, you have one that can be used on an Ally. Although Endurance heavy, you can slot it with Knockdown to turn them into a hamster in a ball.

Liquify: Access to the Knockdown that acts like Ice Slick but with major debuffs attached to it.

Clarity: Simply put, it's Clear Mind.

I made mine a Radiation/Sonic Corrupter. It's enjoyable but I might suggest a different blast set unless you want to be a star-sniper like me.

1 hour ago, 00Troy00 said:

This data is from March 2020 and only covers characters that have made it to level 50. You can see the full breakdown for every AT and more on the General forum in the pinned posts

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

If you are insistent upon empathy (it's actually a great set in PvP, pve not so much), look at sonic or rad blast to have some debuffs.

That said some of the best defender powerset combos I've experimented with on HC....

Poison/Rad (the secondary can be swapped to a few choices like fire, sonic, ice, dark)

Kin/Sonic (make you and your team hit for more damage than the damage caps)

Time/Dark - defense caps a team, has a couple heals, and more debuffs.

I have a fire/kin corrupted at 22. He's proven to be a blast so far.

1 hour ago, Nayeh said:

You could also consider Sonic Resonance. It's very similar to Force Field but with a few more offensive tools. You will have 2 forms of "bubbles" to place on allies in addition to a PBAoE pulsing bubble you can visually see.

Disruption Field: Ally-targetted pulsing PBAoE -Res effect.

Sonic Repulsion: Instead of Repulsion Bubble, you have one that can be used on an Ally. Although Endurance heavy, you can slot it with Knockdown to turn them into a hamster in a ball.

Liquify: Access to the Knockdown that acts like Ice Slick but with major debuffs attached to it.

Clarity: Simply put, it's Clear Mind.

I made mine a Radiation/Sonic Corrupter. It's enjoyable but I might suggest a different blast set unless you want to be a star-sniper like me.

2 things:

1. Why a rad/sonic corruptor instead of a sonic/rad defender?

2. "Star-sniper?"

2 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

I had a Traps/AR back on live. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

28 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

2 things:

2. "Star-sniper?"

A rad emissions/sonic defender is going to get more bang for the buck than a Sonic/rad emissions corruptor. The debuff values are that much better. Also easier to buff your Defense as well as a defender over a corruptor.

I honestly think that just about any combo between defenders/corruptor's using sonic blast will be better on a defender.

3 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

Mind showing me your build?

Warning its not cheap - sort of an end target build to aim for. Although minus Total Focus and an Apolocalypse pure damage in single shot just for fun, the epics are all ATOs with catalysts.

The build has soft capped defences against range, and capped resist against smashing and lethal.

I've not put as many procs in this build as I could as preferred to go for set bonus, particularly +range and +res. With the alpha most attacks have a 116 yard range! Range helps a lot for cutting beam too.

I dropped repulsion bomb in the end as just wasn't happy with it, and it took too many slots for not much damage (in my opinion). 

The build is missing Hasten, but its not a very recharge intense build. However you could easily drop some leadership for it. It also didn't get medicine which is a shame for low levels and aid self, which would have been fun and fit the 'tech' theme I had in my head. 

Definitely more tweaking I could do with this to bump up the non-lethal/smashing resistances, and try squeeze in some medicine.

Teleport of course is switchable to any other travel. 

The end management is slightly concerning, particularly at low levels without enhancements. That is why I have Red Fortune in Dispersion Bubble as it does -97% end redux. 

This is a purely theoretical build at the moment as haven't taken it for a spin 🙂

Of course it goes without saying that Deflection Shield and Insulation Shield do 38.74% defence with Power Build Up... so you have four minutes to focus on shooting stuff.

And if someone should die, there is vengeance. But this seems unlikely, and so might be a good place for a chop - even though the numbers with Power Build Up are amusing!

Enjoy

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

ForceFields: Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Force Field
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(3), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def(11)
Level 1: Single Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A)
Level 2: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), PstBls-Dam%(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 6: Insulation Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(7), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def(11)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Rct-Def/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(37)
Level 12: Dispersion Bubble -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(17)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Build%(42)
Level 16: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Victory Rush -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 35: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Piercing Beam -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(46)
Level 47: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(50), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 17.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 7.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 7.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 12.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 12.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 8.5% Defense(Melee)
  • 18.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 3.6% Max End
  • 29% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 25% Enhancement(Range)
  • 8% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 103.8% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • 145 HP (14.25%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 75%
  • MezResist(Held) 75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 75%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 11.5% (0.19 End/sec) Recovery
  • 12% (0.51 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 15% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 20.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 20.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 14.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 14.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

Retired, October 2022.

4 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

FF isn't the least popular Defender set by a long shot.

image.thumb.png.9cfab5691f0629e44dc367f2586de4c8.png

On Live I had a TA/A.  Upper 40s before close. Elf-theme.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

18 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Warning its not cheap - sort of an end target build to aim for. Although minus Total Focus and an Apolocalypse pure damage in single shot just for fun, the epics are all ATOs with catalysts.

The build has soft capped defences against range, and capped resist against smashing and lethal.

I've not put as many procs in this build as I could as preferred to go for set bonus, particularly +range and +res. With the alpha most attacks have a 116 yard range! Range helps a lot for cutting beam too.

I dropped repulsion bomb in the end as just wasn't happy with it, and it took too many slots for not much damage (in my opinion). 

The build is missing Hasten, but its not a very recharge intense build. However you could easily drop some leadership for it. It also didn't get medicine which is a shame for low levels and aid self, which would have been fun and fit the 'tech' theme I had in my head. 

Definitely more tweaking I could do with this to bump up the non-lethal/smashing resistances, and try squeeze in some medicine.

Teleport of course is switchable to any other travel. 

The end management is slightly concerning, particularly at low levels without enhancements. That is why I have Red Fortune in Dispersion Bubble as it does -97% end redux. 

This is a purely theoretical build at the moment as haven't taken it for a spin 🙂

Of course it goes without saying that Deflection Shield and Insulation Shield do 38.74% defence with Power Build Up... so you have four minutes to focus on shooting stuff.

And if someone should die, there is vengeance. But this seems unlikely, and so might be a good place for a chop - even though the numbers with Power Build Up are amusing!

Enjoy

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

ForceFields: Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Force Field
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(3), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), RedFrt-Def(11)
Level 1: Single Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A)
Level 2: Personal Force Field -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-Dam(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(27), PstBls-Dam%(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 6: Insulation Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(7), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), RedFrt-Def(11)
Level 8: Maneuvers -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(19), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Rct-Def/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(37)
Level 12: Dispersion Bubble -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(13), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(13), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), RedFrt-Def(15), RedFrt-EndRdx(17)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Build%(42)
Level 16: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 18: Victory Rush -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(33)
Level 22: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(29), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), GldArm-End/Res(48)
Level 35: Power Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(39), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(42), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(45)
Level 44: Piercing Beam -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Dam/Rech(45), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End(46)
Level 47: Temp Invulnerability -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Total Focus -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dam%(50), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 17.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 17.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 7.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 7.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 12.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 12.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 8.5% Defense(Melee)
  • 18.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 3.6% Max End
  • 29% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 25% Enhancement(Range)
  • 8% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 103.8% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • 145 HP (14.25%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 75%
  • MezResist(Held) 75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 75%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 11.5% (0.19 End/sec) Recovery
  • 12% (0.51 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 15% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 20.25% Resistance(Fire)
  • 20.25% Resistance(Cold)
  • 14.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 14.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 7.5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

Thanks so much. Bu the way, what did it cost you?

10 minutes ago, 00Troy00 said:

Thanks so much. Bu the way, what did it cost you?

Haven't actually built this character yet, its purely theoretical and would probably have one or two minor revisions, but the basic concept is sound (at least for me!)

For cost probably not too much - if you dropped the epics from Total Focus and Single Shot which aren't needed, and buy the ATOs with Merits (would cost 900 merits, could buy a few), then probably around 100 million? Very rough estimate as I tend to sell/buy as I level and get help from my level 50 where needed.

Retired, October 2022.

1 hour ago, 00Troy00 said:

2 things:

2. "Star-sniper?"

It was one of my earlier toons on Homecoming where I didn't understand the differences between the two. As far as I was concerned at the time, OMG Crit Abilities are kewel~! My post still stands in terms of what the toon offers, just ignore the Archetype aspect of my post. That toon has been shelved after a dozen alt creations but I do recall having a fun time on it.

Proton-Volley.

I currently main a Poison/Sonic Defender so...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Haven't actually built this character yet, its purely theoretical and would probably have one or two minor revisions, but the basic concept is sound (at least for me!)

For cost probably not too much - if you dropped the epics from Total Focus and Single Shot which aren't needed, and buy the ATOs with Merits (would cost 900 merits, could buy a few), then probably around 100 million? Very rough estimate as I tend to sell/buy as I level and get help from my level 50 where needed.

Don't buy ATOs with merits. At 100 merits each, that's 25,000,000 inf per ATO at the current exchange rate of about 250,000 inf per merit. Convert the merits to inf and buy the ATOs on the AH for around 8,000,000 inf each.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

35 minutes ago, Uun said:

Don't buy ATOs with merits. At 100 merits each, that's 25,000,000 inf per ATO at the current exchange rate of about 250,000 inf per merit. Convert the merits to inf and buy the ATOs on the AH for around 8,000,000 inf each.

how are you coming up with the 250,000 inf per merit?

What this team needs is more Defenders