Suggestion: Necromancy should have a Gang War power.

Decibel

It just makes sense that Necromancy would have a Gang War power to summon a horde of zombies temporarily. Swapping out Soul Extraction as it's the only choice. Just a thought.

Edited by Decibel
  • Like 4

Admittedly, I always did like "Army of the Dead" on my WoW Deathknight.

So I totally get the appeal of a gang-war-ish power for necros.

Actually raising up the fallen, could in theory be possible now, since dead bodies do remain behind for ... 30 seconds?  or so?  and can continue to function as valid toggle anchor.

However, I suspect the coding for this would be.... large.

If anything were done to actually rez up dead enemies, I suspect it would have to work like "you zap an enemy with a  debuff while it's still alive. If it dies while the debuff persists, (think Soul Gems from Elder Scrolls here....) it will rise up after death as an undead pet, up to the limit of X simultaneous pets".  

But in terms of game balance, I can fully understand not wanting to let the player come up with crazy combinations like "3 sappers, 2 knives of artemis, and a freakshow tank"  as your rezzed-from-the-dead squad.  Plus you'd confuse the bejeesus out of other players who would have trouble telling your minions apart form actual living foes.

• Thanks 1

I heard that Tspy did something similar, sounded cool, but I don't play other servers.

I'd like to see Soul Extraction get a cooldown reduction while maintaining it's current usage, but let it be additionally used on enemy bodies, with scaling for minion/LT/Bosses.

Well you COULD use the clone technology to make a pet that has the same model as the target... that should be possible... I think...

Like if Phantom Army could be cast ON someone to make the pets copy off them instead of you

And just have the pet wear the skin of the NPC and use some generic zombie powers

But that wouldn't work for non-baseline model things like Rikti drones.

OR just have it target dead NPCs like the warshade or Dark Affinity heal and spawn one generic zombie per corpse.  Or one ghost?

• Like 1

I don't agree that Necromancy needs a Gang War power. It already has Soul Extraction. Gang War can stay unique to Thugs. Because once you do that, then you'll have a lot of people saying "Well, why doesn't X set have a Gang War type power too?" Beasts? You summon a bunch of them. Mercs? A strike team shows up. Robots? A bunch of mobile drones fly in. Etc.

As a couple other people have said, having SE work on any downed enemy would be just fine. 

However, what I would REALLY like to see is that EVERY set has some sort of fourth pet-set power that they can dump auras into, just so certain sets aren't crippled compared to others when it comes to slotting the actual pets. 

• Like 1

In order to best realise this concept, I would recommend 

Soul Extraction on defeated enemies.

2 minute cooldown.

Pets raised last 7 minutes.

Pets have a weak leadership style toggles which buffs your henchman, so they become more powerful (damage, defence, resistances) the bigger the ‘herd’

Profit!

• Like 3

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone