Most resistant

Chalkarts

Well...Stone Tank can hit 90% in everything. It requires Granite Armor, emphasis on Psi resistance set bonuses, and 1 or 2 stacks of the Tanker ATO. It also comes with softcapped defenses in every type except Psi (switch out of granite and use minerals to have softcapped psi defense while retaining 90% psi resistance). You can also hit perma-max HP (3534 HP) using Earth's Embrace, and you can have 500-600% regeneration with rooted.

You also won't be able to jump/fly. Your damage and recharge will be debuffed, and you'll feel required to take teleport.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'm working on a /wpr right now.  I'm overslotting it for regen, trying to see how much damage I could meat soak and regen and still live.

I was thinking about finding something that went hard on resistance and slotting it for pure regen.

I take less damage and passively heal it immediately.  So that In PvP, you gotta One shot me or you can't kill me(I hope).

I was also thinking of doing something similar with a Sentinel, depending on what the most soaky armor is.   

I'm not a fan of Stone Armor, it's one of the few sets I have a hard time playing because the Graphic just looks so wonky to me.

Is there a strong runner up?

Properly built, Dark Armor can have extremely high resistances (including psy, which Invuln lacks and Stone lacks while in Granite) while also having Defense and the most powerful heal in the game with Dark Regeneration.     Electric Armor doesn't have as much potential, but is more straightforward.   

Edited by Justaris

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

Cool, I could have some fun with Dark as a regen build.

I'mt trying to build the most regenerative character possible.  

I'm working on a Farming build that will allow me to pull everything on the board, turn on my damage aura, and go get lunch.

6 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

You have a build that hits perma-Earth's Embrace with Granite up?

If what's coming at me is non-stop (which is basically a farm environment), I can. But honestly, I don't really need perma-Earth's Embrace, I never take damage to need it.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Just now, Chalkarts said:

Cool, I could have some fun with Dark as a regen build.

I'mt trying to build the most regenerative character possible.  

I'm working on a Farming build that will allow me to pull everything on the board, turn on my damage aura, and go get lunch.

Regeneration is actually the one form of mitigation that Dark doesn't really have much to speak of - if you want to really go all-in on regen then you're probably going to be looking more towards Willpower.    Though most would say regeneration isn't the best form of mitigation given its reactive nature (it doesn't reduce incoming damage like Resistance, leaving you open to being one-shot, and it doesn't reduce the chance of being hit like Defense - so it doesn't kick in until after you're hit).

My AE arcs:

10 minutes ago, Chalkarts said:

I'm working on a /wpr right now.  I'm overslotting it for regen, trying to see how much damage I could meat soak and regen and still live.

I was thinking about finding something that went hard on resistance and slotting it for pure regen.

I take less damage and passively heal it immediately.  So that In PvP, you gotta One shot me or you can't kill me(I hope).

I was also thinking of doing something similar with a Sentinel, depending on what the most soaky armor is.   

I'm not a fan of Stone Armor, it's one of the few sets I have a hard time playing because the Graphic just looks so wonky to me.

Is there a strong runner up?

You might like Rad. You get an absorb shield, and you can pair Meltdown with Rune of Protection to keep up awesome resistance numbers (likely capped or close to it). I haven't played it, but if I make another tank I'll probably look at that set.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justaris said:

"Though most would say regeneration isn't the best form of mitigation given its reactive nature (it doesn't reduce incoming damage like Resistance, leaving you open to being one-shot, and it doesn't reduce the chance of being hit like Defense - so it doesn't kick in until after you're hit)."

I know, With my willpower build it's more just to see how high I can get it.  Personal project sort of thing, That's why I was looking for a prime resistance set where I could sacrifice some of the regen from the powerset, but still stack a ton of regen from IOs onto it.  That way when the enemy does hit me I take the reduced damage because of the top tier resistance, then I heal it back as fast as possible because thats how I'll slot it.  Kind of double mitigation.

Oh, okay, so you're looking at stacking a lot of regen from IOs - both bonuses and uniques.     I'd say with Dark that might be hard to do since much of Dark's strength comes from the ease with which it can mix Resistance and Defense since it natively has good Resists and more Defense than most other Resist sets.    Since you're starting from zero on regen it'll be harder to stack, but that's not to say you can't do it.    You might see better results from a set that either has some regen at baseline or has stronger starting Resistance stats since you won't be building for Defense.  

Edited by Justaris

My AE arcs:

Yeah, I wasn't looking for any defense, this guy will be pure soak.  Resist/Regen combo for immortality.

My Rad/Wpr it the Pure regen, minimal Defense Minimal resistance, ridiculous regen experimental thing.

But for realistic Team Play I wanted to go more resist focused while still building a couple hundred % regen on IOs.

Dark could work well with that kind of slotting for mitigating the cost of Oppressive Gloom.

You might like Bio. It's not so much a resistance king, but it can softcap most defense types and you'll have tons of absorb and regen.

32 minutes ago, Chalkarts said:

You got me thinking about dark, and I'm trying to figure out a good melee for it now.

How do you feel about Psionic Melee?

Staff is suprisingly good for dark. It gives a sizable +melee defense with Guarded Strikes and Soul Form gives a very helpful endurance cost reduction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Generous Force Feedback slotting?

Yes. Footstomp, Knockout Blow, and max-synergy Cross Punch (which gives its own +10% recharge per target hit, up to 5 targets). However, Hasten is difficult to achieve perma. But with Ageless Destiny and those previously mentioned powers, I was able to take down a Pylon (so only 1 target) and hit perma-Hasten with non-stop attacks. So a target rich environment isn't necessary, just have to keep punching whatever is there. And if nothing's there...then we don't really care about perma-anything, anyways.

Edit: I'll be honest though, this isn't my 90% psi resistance build, it is my DPS build. Still has 90% resistance to S/L/E/N/F/C/T, with 50+% defense to S/L/E/N/F/C, while having the permanent Earth's Embrace for capped HP.

But my Psi resistance isn't very good. I can run 32 mph though while in Granite, so that's something I guess. And it takes down a pylon in 4:15. So it hits hard for a granite tank.

Edited by Bopper

11 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Cross Punch (which gives its own +10% recharge per target hit, up to 5 targets).

Yeah, I'm thinking of dropping Avalanche's Chance for Knockdown out of my Willpower tank's crosspunch. IF I do that, I'll pick up a force feedback there.

Rad Armor proves itself to be the meta tank set at the moment. You can legitimately hit every single resistance (including psi) except for Cold. I honestly am glad for the "cold hole" because well, Ice Mistral wasn't scaring me. Not as easy to softcap all the damage types, however, gives you a massive absorb shield that effectively will give you more HP than Stone. This is all without any penalties to damage/recharge/etc. 

I really have no idea why Rad Armor hasn't been mentioned yet. Also, it makes you "look good" while tanking because your enemies have a massive absorption barrier to attack through before they start denting your actual HP, so you aren't even feeling any of the damage at all. You also get a heal and scaling regeneration. All the healing adds up. Keep in mind, when you're taking spikes that are extremely hard, Granite can even get spiked down in the game. Rad gives you tools to mitigate spikes very well and quickly get back up on your feet, Granite has one heal that caps your HP, and higher regen, that regen isn't going to take you from 1-100 the way that Rad can. I am not going to say Rad is by base tankier, but Rad is a very competitive set all around, it even has proc monsters for damage, and it has no penalties. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chalkarts said:

What Tanker Primary has the most potential resistance?

From what I understand, Invulnerability is the cats pajamas of Defense sets.

What's the King D Mega Big Cheese of the resistance sets?

Rad armor can res cap everything but cold, which is the most rare damage type in the game.  So I would say Rad Armor.

Also Shield defense has better defense than an invul.  You can incarnate soft cap positional defenses and still have high resistances too.

3 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Rad armor can res cap everything but cold, which is the most rare damage type in the game.  So I would say Rad Armor.

Also Shield defense has better defense than an invul.  You can incarnate soft cap positional defenses and still have high resistances too.

Agreed, both of those are VERY strong.

14 hours ago, Infinitum said:

so nobody ever fights crey or their malta packs have no gunslingers?

Just now, Dixa said:

so nobody ever fights crey or their malta packs have no gunslingers?

Cryo tanks?  haha yeah they won't hurt a rad.

You also have a crap ton of regen, debuff and it just won't matter that it's the one sliver of cold damage you might face.