Jetpack purchases on SSTFs

SCORE changed the jetpack vendors in the Shadow Shard to P2W Vendors with their wider selection of materials. Hooray... except the time when you are most likely to want very badly to buy jetpack juice is on a Shadow Shard Task Force, and you can't use these vendors while on a TF. I submit this should be rectified somehow.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

29 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

I don't understand why they made it so you can't use P2W during Task forces anyway. 

On reflection, since you're allowed to use _a_ P2W vendor during a TF, I really can't see any reason not to let you use any P2W vendor.

• Like 2

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

5 hours ago, Haijinx said:

I don't understand why they made it so you can't use P2W during Task forces anyway. 

They didn't really "make" it so you can't use the P2W vendors in a TF, it's a quirk of the game system. Most P2W vendors are have that whole spiel they go through when you talk to them through the Contacts system, but when you're in TF mode all dialog from contacts besides the TF contact gets overridden by that "you have something more important to do" dialog. This means you can't access the dialog trees to open the P2W crafting menu for most of them. The one in Pocket D works differently and just opens the P2W crafting menu  immediately when you click on her, that's why she's still usable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1