Help me understand Peacebringer

So I've slowly been working on a human only Peacebringer.  I just hit 30 last night and it's been a slog.  Hitting any quantums in a mission will require a lot of forethought before I run in. 

The reason I like the PBs is the theme of it.  I love how the powers look, I love the variety of powers they have but I'm struggling now with keeping him going.  Light form seems so far away.  

I have other toons that when I play range damage it just feels like a more complete package, whether it's my blaster or corrupter or even my sentinel, they all just seem to do it better then my PB.  So help me figure out why I should continue my PB.  What do they do really well?  What makes it worthwhile down the road?  If I want to do big, spectacular AoE nukes why the PB over any other class?  

Edited by Fatalplus

The PB isn't really about big spectacular nukes.

Kheldians are classes of adaptability, ie Druids from WoW. Choosing to specialize in 1 form can be beneficial, but it can also be a hindrance.

Leveling up a human form PB, you have no Mez protection at all aside of what you can get with combat jumping, and acrobatics. Having White Dwarf is useful for that reason even if you don't stay in the form, it acts as an instant breakfree that can be used while mezzed.

Quantum's can be found by making a targeting macro /target_name Quantum, as Quantum is in each subgroups name if they have a quantum weapon, that allows you instantly target 1 if it's there for you to see, and then plan the spike. Build up and Incandescent Strike work great for that, followed with a radiant strike if necessary.

You could superspeed in and use a stealth Io to dictate how most fights start.

The game is so much easier for Kheldians now a days than how it used to be, as players are less racist towards Kheldians. Then there's no longer Cysts or Void Hunters spawning (something I wish would come back as I liked the challenge).

Realistically though a Human form PB is pretty much a Sentinel without mez protection. Later down the road you can use IO's, Clarion, , etc to fill that hole. A lot of PBs build around recharge looking for perma lightform, which is great aside of the 50% HP crash.

A human form PB can be a Blapper/Defender with a side of very light control.

PB's are fun, and are kind of like the training wheels for how to play a Warshade though.

37 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

A lot of PBs build around recharge looking for perma lightform

Although some of us have been brave enough to figure out a way to achieve perma lightform WITHOUT HASTEN ...

38 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

perma lightform, which is great aside of the 50% HP crash.

The Lightform "crash" (such as it is) can be something of a double edged whiffle bat.  I say that because if your HP is below 50% when the "crash" happens, it will RAISE your HP to 50% when the "crash" occurs.

So ... if your HP is above 50% when Lightform's buff duration ends, your HP will be "harmed" so as to bring you DOWN to 50% HP.

But if your HP is below 50% when Lightform's buff duration ends, your HP will be "healed" so as to bring you UP to 50% HP.

Obviously, whether that's a bad thing/good thing is really a matter of context ...

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

53 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

But if your HP is below 50% when Lightform's buff duration ends, your HP will be "healed" so as to bring you UP to 50% HP.

Obviously, whether that's a bad thing/good thing is really a matter of context ...

I'm curious what you were doing to be under 50% HP in lightform. It seems for me I'm hardly ever near there, but I also have some decent stacked defense although not capped.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:21 AM, Fatalplus said:

I have other toons that when I play range damage it just feels like a more complete package, whether it's my blaster or corrupter or even my sentinel, they all just seem to do it better then my PB.  So help me figure out why I should continue my PB.  What do they do really well?  What makes it worthwhile down the road?  If I want to do big, spectacular AoE nukes why the PB over any other class?  

No, if your main goal is spectacular AOE nukes, or ranged damage in general, then human PB is not the route for you. Human PB’s do decent ranged damage, better melee damage, and even in the low levels can be very durable on teams with shields plus their Cosmic Balance inherent.  It’s like 75% of a blaster, 75% of a scrapper, and 75% of a tanker rolled into one.

Even with a human-only build, it’s an AT of variety and flexibility. If you like that concept and play style (it is different than any of the other more “focused” - “limited” IMHO - ATs), then it’s definitely worth sticking with it as it only gets better as you level. The 30s can be a little rough due to endurance issues, so if you haven’t yet then you will want to make sure you’ve invested in the slots and IOs to address that. 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:21 AM, Fatalplus said:

Hitting any quantums in a mission will require a lot of forethought before I run in.

Well ... you want to know they're THERE first, because ...

spacer.png

To that end, this is the keybind I use to make sure I'm always noticing (and targeting!) Quantums as a priority.  Yes, there are no Voids and Cysts to worry about (most of the time), but I keep them inside the keybind because it costs me nothing, in functionality terms, to cover those bases too.

tilde "targetcustomnear enemy alive$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Quantum$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Void$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Cyst$$targetcustomnext enemy alive Sapper"
shift+tilde "targetcustomnext enemy defeated"

For me, as a Tri-former, my way of dealing with Quantums on a Peacebringer involves alpha striking (in Human form) using the Nemesis Staff ... because if it hits, then it's a guaranteed Knockback versus most Quantums (if you have a Natural, Tech or Science Origin for that version of the Nemesis Staff).  Use Inner Light first before using the Nemesis Staff (so the +ToHit buff makes you less likely to MISS) and you dial up the damage delivery from that first hit from the Nemesis Staff.  That one buffed up hit usually takes a LOT of the Quantum's HP and prevents them from attacking (see: Knockback) while I make follow up attacks to finish off the Quantum before they can use their weapon against me.  In my case, that usually means Essence Boost+Inner Light, Nemesis Staff and then (as a Tri-former) switching to Nova form in order to burn down the Quantum before they can attack.  As a Human form Peacebringer, instead of switching to Nova form and blasting from range, your best option is to close with the Quantum and hit them with Radiant Strike+Incandescent Strike (in that order) as fast as you can so as to "put down" the Quantum as quickly as possible.

There's a little bit of prep that's ideal to have in order to make that happen, which you can certainly do when playing at your own pace solo.  On a team, however, the strategy is still the same ... it's just that the execution of it is a goodly bit more ... chaotic ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 2 months later
On 4/30/2020 at 8:21 AM, Fatalplus said:

So I've slowly been working on a human only Peacebringer.  I just hit 30 last 

PB was my first IOd toon coming to homecoming (peacebomber build) servers. I've since made effective(?), expensive builds for a troller, blaster, sentinel, brute, widow, corruptor,  and peacebringer. HEATs (and VETs) feel more complete-wellrounded-interesting-dynamic play than the others classes (tried more back on live years ago). ...

PB, I just refreshed my build(s) this last weekend, now running a 35+ human light form build, and an exempt-50 triform build.

You've probably read that PBs are self contained. Truer than true, 3 self heals, end management tool, shields (dont have to run all at once just cover mob damage type), bright nova at 6 giving a decent bag of attacks at low level play, mez protection in dwarf form,  4 aoes quickly usable with macros or keybinds and can slot with knockdown slowing incoming damage, 2 nukes, 1 large radius disorient, lightform giving near max resist (max with bonuses) but psi that can be used in nova and dwarf, self rez when u mess up the "crash rotation" or hit too hard by those psi mobs, early complete ranged rotation, early-ish complete melee rotation, phase fly and/or a high def fly toggle for tough spots/light form crashes if too much heat on you, and more... 

I'm gonna post my updated builds some point today (currently on cell) and will add to the list of goodness if more comes to mind. 

There are many ways to play PB... I bought a gaming mouse since my build in 2019, and am now finding the class easier, triform speaking... I was able to add more binds to my play creating a quick cast macro for dwarf taunt being one. I fly into mob let em stack on top of me, use dawn strike or (either order really) taunt (I love having more control over runners with taunt get used to actually using it and that alone makes life much brighter), and spam my 4 aoes.  If psi mobs in the  mix and  I'm soloing I'll fire off pulsar (disorient). Then next mob same rotation but start with photon seekers; unless mobs are super rank tough I'll start with both nukes.  ... ... ... 

Edited by Harakh

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

Further thought, you actually have 6 AoE's, but 2 are cones and most effective from range, I play melee for the most part only utilizing 4, 2 solar flare, 2 detonation. 

More play time on my refreshed PB builds, lead me to increase end recovery slots (and end reduction alpha slotted) to better manage the end crash from light form without having to run ageless or better time conserve energy, allowing the use of clarion (as mentioned in WS thread) making harder content more solo friendly. I must add, I play my PB mostly as a team toon (although solo much "testing" small build changes)

Tri-form is AoE madness - also chaotic to play if you're not sharp and focused. In cases of fatigue, human form much-MUCH easier (and run's better on slower computers than flashing form changes (lookin at u laptop - come here tow-tow)).

PB aren't the best solo if you're looking to push +4/x8 (although both my builds manage that - except for bosses of arachnos, and of carnies (unless using inspirations) Psi dmg *whimpers*. I also have not soloed incarnate content on PB so I can't say anything on that, yet. 

My Fortunata is still my favorite toon, solo, teams, anything and all. But PB (I wished solo'd like my Fort) has a flare of its own (imo) when played "right, well, or otherwise off the beaten path" - If you're buffing, switching to nova or dwarf and just remain shapeshifted until buffs are due you're not gonna experience the delight of no-"redraw"/instant form changes to chain the forms skills.

Note: Quantum Acceleration is a huge part of my PB play. I typically start the match with combat flight and quantum acceleration toggled on to defend against alpha strike. I have pulsar in tri-form build but not used nearly as much as in human. May remove it. So, fly in with QA and combat flight buff up (inner light) while they're delivering the alpha strike and then start the match. Tri-form, the knockdown is part of the survivability. Human form, slightly higher defenses, help here, and pulsar as needed. 

Tah tah for now ^.^

image.png.04ed478057818a73ab719505f04b29ea.png                    image.png.42c80ce1c325baca8986b52f21ef6e81.png

Of my ten level 50's, my  perma lightform peacebringer is hands down my easiest character to perform well on. 

EDIT: unmitigated, untested boasting follows. See my later posts in this thread for my upcoming bitter taste of reality.

-extreme single target and aoe damage

-constant cc of all your foes via knockdown

-max 85% resist to everything except psi (which is at 45%)

-20% defense to everything

-total cc immunity

-fast and strong ally and self healing

-self rez, plenty of plenty of endurance for leadership toggles

-I'm a goddamn ball of light, 11/10 style points

Like others mentioned, all you have to watch for is the momentary drop out of lightform every few minutes. Surviving your two seconds of vulnerability is as easy as using one of your many aoe knockdowns, or stepping back from combat to let a teammate draw aggro. Because of the extreme survivability, your alpha and hybrid slots can focus on pure damage. +4/x8 content is a cakewalk!

Edited by Hover
I was talking out of my <BLEEP!> in this post, so I added a disclaimer lol.

14 minutes ago, Hover said:

Of my ten level 50's, my  perma lightform peacebringer is hands down my easiest character to perform well on. 

-total cc immunity

-plenty of plenty of endurance for leadership toggles

Total cc immunity via white dwarf?

Endurance management, what's your technique? I find there is plenty of end until light form crashes while my end is already low - then toggles can drop. But if using dwarf form for cc immunity - what does your def drop to once shapeshifted assuming you're running at least a couple defense toggles?

Are you running +4/x8 with bosses against all mobs types? If so, teach me your ways of dealing with CoS and Arach ❤️ 

51 minutes ago, Harakh said:

Total cc immunity via white dwarf?

Endurance management, what's your technique? I find there is plenty of end until light form crashes while my end is already low - then toggles can drop. But if using dwarf form for cc immunity - what does your def drop to once shapeshifted assuming you're running at least a couple defense toggles?

Are you running +4/x8 with bosses against all mobs types? If so, teach me your ways of dealing with CoS and Arach ❤️ 

Visiting grandma, I'll post my build and maybe a video later! Arach and CoS are a little hairy solo on +4/x8. In fact, I've never tried to solo CoS at that difficulty haha, they are SUCH A PAIN. I'll try tonight though haha. 

The CC immunity (as I remember it, have to double check) is in light form. I don't use dwarf or squid in this build at all. The defense toggles are for more long-term survivability or team buffs. The real strength of a pure lightform build is you know exactly when you will be vulnerable, so you can plan accordingly.

One of the biggest strengths is that if you do die, you have a self rez, and you only need to press one power (lightform) to get 80% of your survivability back, and it isn't a toggle that can drop. Self-rez-> light form-> self heal-> aoe knockdown gets right back into the fight, with plenty of breathing room to withdraw or turn on def toggles.

Endurance management: off the top of my head, I've got a conserve energy power, a power from the leadership pool that increases recovery based on a defeated foe, and a focus on endurance recovery in the enhancement slotting. Again, specifics to follow late tonight!

45 minutes ago, Hover said:

Visiting grandma, I'll post my build and maybe a video later! Arach and CoS are a little hairy solo on +4/x8. In fact, I've never tried to solo CoS at that difficulty haha, they are SUCH A PAIN. I'll try tonight though haha. 

The CC immunity (as I remember it, have to double check) is in light form. I don't use dwarf or squid in this build at all. The defense toggles are for more long-term survivability or team buffs. The real strength of a pure lightform build is you know exactly when you will be vulnerable, so you can plan accordingly.

One of the biggest strengths is that if you do die, you have a self rez, and you only need to press one power (lightform) to get 80% of your survivability back, and it isn't a toggle that can drop. Self-rez-> light form-> self heal-> aoe knockdown gets right back into the fight, with plenty of breathing room to withdraw or turn on def toggles.

Endurance management: off the top of my head, I've got a conserve energy power, a power from the leadership pool that increases recovery based on a defeated foe, and a focus on endurance recovery in the enhancement slotting. Again, specifics to follow late tonight!

I've been wanting to post video too. Maybe we can get together in game and make one?! Would be my first. Yes CoS are a pain! (except on my Fort - LOVE YOU FORT KISSES*)

Ahh yes light form as cc protection but its shit, sadly, far from complete. I had to spec clarion into my build to make it through CoS cause the holds stack too fast without having maxed ranged def. I even run acrobatics and still had to bring in clarion. 

I'll standby for more info on the end management. I too thought of using the leadership pool for this but skipped it. Between you and another forum suggestion I've a few hours of armature tests lol. 

Best thoughts till later

Okay, I just went in game to verify my boasting. I loaded up a +4/x8 carnie radio mission with bosses, and confidently floated in.

I got my luminous <BLEEP!> handed to me on an illusory platter. Never again will I post on a forum without verifying my claims in-game beforehand. I was able to beat the first group, which included two master illusionists, after a truly harrowing 12 minutes and two deaths. 

Oh, and that immunity to CC? yeah no. 1 hold protection, 3 to most other things, lol!

Then, I loaded up an arachnos mission, same settings.

Twenty seconds in: WHERE IS MY ENDURANCE??!?

After 9 minutes of nuke n' flee on repeat, I was able to beat the first group of arachnos.

Then to salvage some small piece of my wounded pride, I pulled up a council mission and slaughtered them >=)

I also tried the strongest of my other characters on the same settings against carnies, and found that my grav/storm troller and bots/time mastermind both were waaay better at carnie-killing. The bots/time was exceptionally easy, if a bit slow, and didn't have the focused dps to take down master illusionists.

Hypothetically, I' sure someone could create a lean, mean, carnie killing peacebringer build, but mine ain't it... yet.

So to amend what I said initially: my PB is hands down my easiest character to do +4/x8 team content on. While my other characters are much more squishy or rely on controlling the situation, my PB can walk through anything with team buffs and dish out helpful quantities of damage. Is he more useful on a team than my ill/rad? For mob clearing sure, but not when it comes to AV killing. 

I felt so confident claiming his cc immunity and ability to wade through max diff content because when I play him, I always choose a difficulty he feels powerful in, generally +2/x8 or lower for CoS and Arachnos. It's been half a year since I played him solo, so rose-tinted memories got in the way of facts. But that's the great thing about CoH! You can fine tune the difficulty of whatever you do so you can feel super!

(I also made a short video, but the file size is too big. Needless to say, I got wrecked in it)

5 hours ago, Harakh said:

Maybe we can get together in game and make one?!

Hell yeah! Or just compare how our builds do against various groups, that's be fun!

I'm still satisfied with the build! I love having capped resistances 🙂

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1527&c=688&a=1376&f=HEX&dc=78DA6594CB4F135114C6EF74665A0BE5D142E5D9520AA52DA50F5EC600B6949218A54013A25B52648031B5900E105DBA708B8A0BFF0163E2C6BFC9C435E842A398E07866BE635A9D9B4C7E33DF3DE79B73CFDCB9EB4F577D1FEF3E2F082950AA550D63BBA2551F693B0DBDBEAF353C1BD5E39346B526ACE1A12BD63ABBBDB9B7A7D50DFD54CB944F9EE8F5C313637B853C8EC7FF895AD51C514532156D95C3C35A66EB48D376FDF6EDBDFAA96EE83B7A4D3F7ED6652B65ADBAAB358C03FDC8F7F7F9884C453F9592A2EB4A153C4C210609D38AB8B034C9D6643123DB9AAB8F849022942B3C2BF392CD4B8A95102BA424DDC41511A575CA9C2FA7E079E33F4E31BF50BE8A5855ADC0B36D9359063B37C0B135E63A78ADA2A556AEE7B3626BDD2997CDC804381A67269909F037E57A39D7FB066BF29D83BDAF99AFC09B2F9967A049B9EDC875B57F809F8FD7D3FF0ECFC22D4407FB77706D9D3398EBBE054ECE33E798B360072DAA8B7BDA15C45A25F2F3739FFC2F1037FE8BF958D8DF667C0F9C38E01EEF8301F2EB61BF9E5168DF680D41AE2FB88AEFD65F00C32570AC084EAD80E965F01325F6F19EE9E3FA14AA6F80FD060AE8D3609EB9000E2F3297C030F745A6DC21E42A431119350C23261902D361303B027EA7FA435C43887BAF92CF08D730C2DE913BBC1F96C0F82298BCCD5C007F905F94FDA2ECF793B418EFE35816EF9D9863E6C0F82CE8A71E27102B25B82769EE75AF07FF9AE59DE23937D59AE15A335C6BB6845AB27970BAC85C6616C0B3981039F6CB45F08E61A5E53F366988B0AD58259966A275F61A154C3A32720E65DAA1CC3A94398752762815850F14EB94B0156F379D1150CC2D9AF5F2FEF4727F2EDA5ACE95313E2B9A9A2A8DA2EFEE87DCCF0760E0027A208FF32A7E1F7BF6B2D52F01BFAF4D4D92DEA2B7AE73D02AD25CEBA17B0460BC8F36853F258BEAEC

LightformPB.PNG

5 hours ago, Harakh said:

I'll standby for more info on the end management.

Oh and P.S. on the end management: idk what I was remembering but end is a pain. Manageable in less difficult fights, but when pushed to the limit or against end-sappers? The build totally shuts down! It's horrendous! If I get around to making another 200mill+ build for this guy, I'm going to have to take a hard look at end management and cc protection. Maybe I'll make a dwarf-centric build?🤔

24 minutes ago, Hover said:

Oh and P.S. on the end management: idk what I was remembering but end is a pain. Manageable in less difficult fights, but when pushed to the limit or against end-sappers? The build totally shuts down! It's horrendous! If I get around to making another 200mill+ build for this guy, I'm going to have to take a hard look at end management and cc protection. Maybe I'll make a dwarf-centric build?🤔

Sounds in par with what I was experiencing as well.  Using cardiac alpha + a little extra recovery makes end a non issue even through crashes until you're up against end-draining mobs. Acro does help a bit - until those carnies stack holds. Here's my human pb build :

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Natural Peacebringer
Primary Power Set: Luminous Blast
Secondary Power Set: Luminous Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Glinting Eye

• (A) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage
  • (5) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Essence Transfer - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (11) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Essence Transfer - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Essence Transfer - RechargeTime/Global Heal
Level 1: Incandescence
  • (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (7) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (45) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (48) Impervium Armor - Psionic Resistance
Level 2: Gleaming Blast
  • (A) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (5) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (9) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (13) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Superior Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Superior Winter's Bite - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
Level 4: Essence Boost
  • (A) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (21) Panacea - Heal
  • (40) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (40) Impervium Armor - Psionic Resistance
Level 6: Radiant Strike
  • (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
  • (15) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (19) Touch of Death - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (42) Mako's Bite - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
  • (43) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (45) Superior Blistering Cold - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
Level 8: Combat Jumping
  • (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed
  • (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
Level 10: Super Jump
  • (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)
Level 12: Luminous Detonation
  • (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (46) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (48) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
Level 14: Inner Light
  • (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
Level 16: Acrobatics
  • (A) Endurance Reduction IO
Level 18: Incandescent Strike
  • (A) Hecatomb - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (21) Hecatomb - Damage
  • (27) Hecatomb - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Hecatomb - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Hecatomb - Damage/Recharge
Level 20: Pulsar
  • (A) Absolute Amazement - Stun
  • (25) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge
  • (9) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (17) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (17) Absolute Amazement - Endurance/Stun
Level 22: Reform Essence
  • (A) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Recharge
  • (11) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (15) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (50) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
Level 24: Hasten
  • (23) Recharge Reduction IO
Level 26: Solar Flare
  • (A) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (27) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge
  • (42) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (42) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (43) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
Level 28: Quantum Acceleration
Level 30: Conserve Energy
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO
Level 32: Dawn Strike
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
Level 35: Photon Seekers
  • (36) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Superior Kheldian's Grace - Recharge/Form Empowerment
Level 38: Light Form
  • (A) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Resist
  • (39) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge
  • (39) Titanium Coating - Resistance/Recharge
  • (39) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (40) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (48) Endurance Modification IO
Level 41: Maneuvers
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
Level 44: Tactics
  • (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance
Level 47: Restore Essence
Level 49: Assault
  • (A) Endurance Reduction IO
Level 1: Brawl
  • (A) Empty
Level 1: Cosmic Balance 
Level 1: Energy Flight
  • (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run 

Level 10: Combat Flight

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1598;718;1436;HEX;|
|78DA6594C94F13511CC7DFB4536A4BD9DA42594BCBDACDC228262E3144252EB4C52|
|624DE4C5364804604D282F1EAC17F000F1E351E8C18E3C9C49B4B3C7BF6E241E3C1|
|83413C68DC62EA8F7EBFD031F3D2E6F3DEF7FDB6F79B3793BB31E57B72EEE6A4D2F|
|C67968B954A216F16AF9873E5D2CAA25976CF14D737CAC565B53BDCF21FB6EE162E|
|2E2C982B95D275339DDDB8565A59DDA8144E4B8CF5A1FFACA64C9BD52909AA7CF9D|
|5D5E574D62CAE899DB7B6985D33CDF9963D7DDE2C57964A6B4DB5F5D9D2E2D2BA18|
|AA4E29C390FF6F97E2A8BAD4795D445DE917C0860CE89D06FD59309C03B7EBBE4E7|
|5C8099F90A6549FAE52BFB01E8BCB7A54577FC456631EED8D03790CF0400AB6BE87|
|881B7D040E3D0677C4D7A9218F330CDB60041C9DD540E6F92BB62EE6717D847F33F|
|3F90BAA6613BFAA6AEBC426F653B7C10E79366EE4D1DCED889B0A8221D9F320AEF2|
|F420B76A50AA119ADEC85C079F92CFC84FEC036B902EAB26E6684AA20E630B7B9D9|
|2A3057BAA258A3D4D72B431475B1276C111B03B018663E428E8109F007D02D38C9D|
|61AFB3606B8E9C01BF495DED7C96ED399CD9CBDE36B3E7C6677040EA0CF10C219EA|
|183D4257717FBDFF501F6DDB790233E89759CBD48DC458F12F7C0F752400F7BDCC3|
|FE7F97BAFAA0697D7BFD225D92AB9FB9FAD9FFC851C48E9C248F81D1E3E409B0417|
|C07E83B40DFC1E7A86FF005F9121C7A45BE067F4A4DC338BF6B7802DA88817A4792|
|E411DE4BD63A1601DBA47731F83A623C636F2BD8C9BB16109B24EF41F2BED41BD4D|
|50FC999666FD28CE917BB71DA8DF3BEF4EAFBEFA4FC64A8704DD935AB5663D6DD77|
|7C0A368F719B62D894C33665C2A6646D4A5EDFFF0A28ADA6785AE5DD86529D955D0|
|F7BE3616F7CEC4947067DDEF64A04CD1A61A7AE38B428AC1C97F035E89D06BFD8BC|
|BED6154DBBC3F76613BCECDD555153D1329FB3CCF396F9965C2483F3DA980CD4850|
|7967957B03E7F6BD1FF01A60E0657|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Realized I selected the wrong interface, actually using 75% dmg / 25% res reactive.

(delete) 

originally thought your damage numbers were a bit low ... inner light wasn't turned on. I love myself haha *smh*

... I feel as you - mainly team character for some mobs types - ROCKS on teams +++ 

Will respond more soon , add me next time your on ^.^ @Harakh

Edited by Harakh

Just took a look at your build Harakh, I like it a lot! Especially the acrobatics giving so much KB protection, and your lower end drain. At a quick glance, most of your stats are slightly better or equal to mine, though I have 15% more resistance to psy. Added ya 🙂

On 7/9/2020 at 6:57 AM, Hover said:

Just took a look at your build Harakh, I like it a lot! Especially the acrobatics giving so much KB protection, and your lower end drain. At a quick glance, most of your stats are slightly better or equal to mine, though I have 15% more resistance to psy. Added ya 🙂

Light form / acrobatics combo is bitter sweet. When talking about hold, and knock protection light form gives 3.11 hold protection, and 100 knock protection; Being of pure energy = immune to knock before activating acrobatics . Acrobatics just gives 1 extra application of hold protection, but of course the knock protection is useful outside of light form.

I too am considering trying a human/dwarf build, but with one downfall in mind slowing the creation. And before reading on, I might direct you to watch

and now hold those feelings tightly toward the Peacebringer.

Mez protection offered by dwarf only applies while dwarf is active. If controls exceeding the 3.11 protection are active on you and light form is about to drop switching out of dwarf you'll be mezed and unable to activate light form thereafter - crashing to death. Some support self rez as a link in their skill chains. Having said that I don't want to wait on skills-recharge. 

Now, to aid our bruises after fighting arachnos and carnies - by Glancing at the ws/pb bounties post I watched a pb build using barrier as cushion which is a simple enough swap for us before trying again*.

Peacebringers Prevail

*Your invite didn't come through. I'll assume until further @Hover in-game and start there. 

Edited by Harakh

I have a level 18 alt I just never want to play 😆 - it's a clunky version of warshade, which is already plenty clunky.  For me its the lengthy activation times - 3+ seconds to apply a hold? 🤨

Trying her as human only, and human + dwarf if I can make it to 20...

I have an incarnate human-only PB which I levelled up pretty much just by following Sunstar's extended arc (which I think is one of the best arcs in the game)... plus a few TFs here and there. While I was daunted at first to try out a PB, I found it quite enjoyable and a lot easier than levelling up my blasters or corruptors. I have yet to try a true tri-form (alt created, waiting in line for play time).

I would compare them to a more rounded Sentinel+Scrapper/Brute in terms of survivability. Quantums are a pain, but can be mitigated with the proper tactics. So can Void Hunters (wraiths???), which is specifically avoid, run and hide with the latter. But make no mistake, the PB is unequivocally an EPIC AT.

However, if were to be be brutally honest, I enjoy playing all 5 variants of my VEATs more.
(for those asking, why 5: I have a huntsman-mu, a pure bane, a crab/crabbermind, a pure fortunata, and a pure night widow.) sometimes I can't decide which of them to play, although the bane and the night widow are starting to bore me because they are simply too strong that there's barely any challenge left -- +4 AVs (plural) don't threaten them. And I'm not even slotting purples.

Which goes back to PBs. I may (in the near future) try 2 more: the tri-form, a couple combinations of bi-forms (dwarf/squid, human/dwarf, human/squid -- which I think can fit into one toon + 3 separate builds). Then I'll try Warshades.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:07 PM, Harakh said:

Mez protection offered by dwarf only applies while dwarf is active. If controls exceeding the 3.11 protection are active on you and light form is about to drop switching out of dwarf you'll be mezed and unable to activate light form thereafter - crashing to death. Some support self rez as a link in their skill chains. Having said that I don't want to wait on skills-recharge. 

I should clarify for those new to HEATS - on teams/leagues if controllers or dominators are present you gain 1 mag of mez protection per each team member of either role. This could prevent the inability to reactive Light Form by being mez'd. You also have the option to immediately swap back to White Dwarf if you're mez'd. White dwarf acts the same way as a break free inspiration. Then you can attempt to knock the baddies down with dwarf flare, deactive real quick to buff up, and you're on your way.

Another method as I just started employing last night is using Rune of Power which provides great Mez protection and resistance psi included, and is also able to be activated while mez'd. 

And of course - just use a break free inspiration if you have one.

The fight DOES go on.

Edited by Harakh