BRAWLT3K: So I want to break the game with universal..

Would this have to be carefully balanced?

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.

So let's just get that out of the way right now. I am under no illusions as to how dangerous what I'm proposing is. But.. I always err in the side of expanding player options so here goes.

Give Universal Damage Enhancements a new type..

Introducing BRAWLTECH GLOBAL Damage Enhancement.

1. Could only be slotted in BRAWL

2. A BGDE (Brawltek  Global Damage Enhancement) would modify a n existing secondary effect or add a tertiary effect to every single one of your powers that deals damage.

GDEs would not provide the standard set bonuses per se, but would instead enhance the magnitude of whatever effect that's being added to your attack.

For example a six slotted BGDE would eliminate knockback on all powers that knock back, reducing them to knockdown. For each slot you slot you increase the chance of this occurring by 14% with the final BGDE providing the final 20%.

Alternatively a Psionics Blaster would slot their BGDE to create a nonhiding placate effect that procs X number if times per minute based in how extensive they've slotted the BGDE.

Only one BGDE type could be slotted per character, obviously. As in if you slotted a BGDE no others, of any type, could be slotted into any other powers because you can only slot these enhancements in BRAWL and you can't have six separate effects slotted throughout brawl.

So you trade out on a series of enhancement bonuses and slots to add a special effect to your other attacks.

Secondary effects such as endurance drain, fire DOTS (MOAR DOTS), slowing, stun mag, and so forth.

Again, we would have to be careful here and balance it conservatively .. but the possibilities with such a system are incredibly exciting.

• Thanks 1

Well, no shame in brainstorming and coming up with wild and crazy ideas.

For this particular idea, I would vote no. 

Allow me to get both the -Def effects of Rad Blast AND the -ToHit effects of Dark Blast?  All in one?

Or allow my SR scrapper to get -ToHit on all her attacks despite not being Dark Melee?

Or allow my Brute to apply a -Res debuff with every punch?

This would not just activate godmode, this would obsolete entire archtypes.

Now, to be 100% serious I do like the idea in principle.

Its essentially the interface proc but with IOs, which we have an example with thanks to VEATs also getting global procs. Depending on what the procs are, I think it could be OK.

As written where all powers get 100% X, than nah

Don't we already have this with Incarnates?

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, Abysmalyxia said:

Would this have to be carefully balanced?

ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY.

So let's just get that out of the way right now. I am under no illusions as to how dangerous what I'm proposing is. But.. I always err in the side of expanding player options so here goes.

Give Universal Damage Enhancements a new type..

Introducing BRAWLTECH GLOBAL Damage Enhancement.

1. Could only be slotted in BRAWL

2. A BGDE (Brawltek  Global Damage Enhancement) would modify a n existing secondary effect or add a tertiary effect to every single one of your powers that deals damage.

GDEs would not provide the standard set bonuses per se, but would instead enhance the magnitude of whatever effect that's being added to your attack.

For example a six slotted BGDE would eliminate knockback on all powers that knock back, reducing them to knockdown. For each slot you slot you increase the chance of this occurring by 14% with the final BGDE providing the final 20%.

Alternatively a Psionics Blaster would slot their BGDE to create a nonhiding placate effect that procs X number if times per minute based in how extensive they've slotted the BGDE.

Only one BGDE type could be slotted per character, obviously. As in if you slotted a BGDE no others, of any type, could be slotted into any other powers because you can only slot these enhancements in BRAWL and you can't have six separate effects slotted throughout brawl.

So you trade out on a series of enhancement bonuses and slots to add a special effect to your other attacks.

Secondary effects such as endurance drain, fire DOTS (MOAR DOTS), slowing, stun mag, and so forth.

Again, we would have to be careful here and balance it conservatively .. but the possibilities with such a system are incredibly exciting.

I'm interested 

Sooooooo, in order to save us from having to pay an IO tax to turn off KB on all of our abilities, you want us to........ pay an IO tax to turn off KB on all of our abilities, but just confine all the slots to brawl?

I rather fail to see the point.

If the proposed IO was a 1 off, single IO, that maybe scaled in efficiency/effect as you increased in level, I could get behind that.  Having to 6slot brawl for a special effect that could more effectively be added by Introducing Proper sets or tweaking existing ones just seems a bit inefficient.