MERIT NO POOLING or shared across accounts

IT is a pain in the BUT that i does not pool on your account. You can not switch freely between characters because of it. I was switching so much that i ended up making a mistake. If i had pooled merit i would never had made he mistake.

You can email merits to your own account. (At least, I'm assuming you're talking about reward merits here.)

Edited by macskull
Not to your other accounts, I was sleepy when I wrote that

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Except that Merits (reward merits) already CAN be shared between characters on your account any time you want.

Sure, "raw" merits are a pain in the ass to transfer, they can only be moved 1 at a time by mail, or 100 at a time using a SG Base Storage Rack, but you can convert them to "Hero" or "Villain" merits at a 50 to 1 exchange rate and then exchange them back whenever you want if you are looking to move bulk quantities.  That means that if i really wanted to, I could EASILY move up to 5000 merits between characters just using a SG Rack + Hero/Villain merits.

So yes, you actually CAN swtich freely between characters because of it.

Unless you are talking about Incarnate Merit stuff, which is a different can of worms.

• Thanks 1

The OP may or may not be aware that they can mail merits (the post is unclear, IMO).  If they are, they may have mistakenly mailed them all to one character and then, in the midst of switching from alt to alt, forgotten they left some there.  If merits were shared across the account, visible and accessible to all characters, this would not only eliminate the need to shift them around but also a situation where one forgets/loses track.

(I'm not particularly for or against this idea, and have no idea whether it's technically possible; just trying to offer my own thoughts and input.)

10 hours ago, SurfD said:

Except that Merits (reward merits) already CAN be shared between characters on your account any time you want.

Sure, "raw" merits are a pain in the ass to transfer, they can only be moved 1 at a time by mail, or 100 at a time using a SG Base Storage Rack, but you can convert them to "Hero" or "Villain" merits at a 50 to 1 exchange rate and then exchange them back whenever you want if you are looking to move bulk quantities.  That means that if i really wanted to, I could EASILY move up to 5000 merits between characters just using a SG Rack + Hero/Villain merits.

So yes, you actually CAN swtich freely between characters because of it.

Unless you are talking about Incarnate Merit stuff, which is a different can of worms.

Yes you can do all of these things, however an account storage base item would be a nice QoL addition.  Most all modern MMOs have this feature now.

4 hours ago, Megajoule said:

The OP may or may not be aware that they can mail merits (the post is unclear, IMO).  If they are, they may have mistakenly mailed them all to one character and then, in the midst of switching from alt to alt, forgotten they left some there.  If merits were shared across the account, visible and accessible to all characters, this would not only eliminate the need to shift them around but also a situation where one forgets/loses track.

If this is the case (which is very unclear) I'd have to /jranger it.

It would be the *only* thing that is shared account wide without using email/salvage racks and would likely be a PITA to implement.

What this team needs is more Defenders

21 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

If this is the case (which is very unclear) I'd have to /jranger it.

It would be the *only* thing that is shared account wide without using email/salvage racks and would likely be a PITA to implement.

What's the problem if it's the only thing shared like that? 

I understand frustrations of the current system. Most things can be mailed between characters if you use your global name. That being said I am not opposed to the investigation into having a global storage system per account, however this seems like it would take a significant amount of time, coding, and probably another DB server running, and all of those things cost real world money. Thus where the game stands now, and I feel that this is outside of where the current dev's priorities should be.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

10 hours ago, Megajoule said:

(I'm not particularly for or against this idea, and have no idea whether it's technically possible; just trying to offer my own thoughts and input.)

Reward merits and Emperyean merits as well as hero/villain and transcendent merits are only exchangable to characters on the same account. You actually do not need to put any name in the adress field for Emailing them, when you drag them to the mail window it  pre-populates your account handle in the field to recieve them and when you log into any character on that account they can accept that mail or ignore it leaving it for a different toon. But none of them can be shared directly with another account. However, though incarnate salvage is NOT transferable, items bought with reward merits are. So if you did want to transfer merits to another account you could simply buy the items you wanted and then transfer those items rather then the merits. Example, buy a purple recipe with 100 merits and though  you couldnt have mailed 100 merit to a different account, you can mail the recipe. 

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

If merits were to be changed to a pool across the account (not per character), I would want the max allowed merits raised.  (unless it's already in the millions...)

It's 9999, which is absolutely way too small to be account-wide.

Edited by macskull
  • Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube