About to hit 50

Chalkarts

So when I hit 50 for the first time this week, what should I do first?

I've not done any of the task forces, i wanted to save them for late game merits and incarnate stuff(I think?)

What are my priorities as a newly minted lvl 50?

First off, gratz on the milestone!

That out of the way (and apologies if this is overly obvious information), I prefer starting my new 50s off by running them through Mender Ramiel's alpha unlock mission chain ASAP. While you do start earning incarnate xp for your alpha as soon as you ding 50, I'm 97% sure that the chain gets it done sooner than just running missions will (since no matter what your incarnate xp is at, the last mission automagically unlocks your alpha).

After that, it's up to you and what you want to see. I generally follow up Mender Ramiel by going through the Dark Astoria intro from Captain Nolan, and start into the DA arcs. (The first one from Heather Townsend is infinitely repeatable via Ouro, and can be skated through quickly for a fast - if repetitive - grind for incarnate components. If you like that sort of thing.)

Edited by Cutter
  • Like 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

First thing I do is run Mender Ramiel’s arc in Oro. It has a special reward, which is to unlock your Alpha slot. If you don’t run the arc, you’ll just have to unlock with regular incarnate xp. So it’s not the end of the world if you skip the arc, but it’s more efficient. 

Second thing is to start Officer Nolan’s arc in Peregrine Island. It unlocks the Dark Astoria missions, for all sorts of incarnate goodness. I don’t know who starts all that stuff red side. 

Scooped. I knew I should have finished posting instead of hanging out on that conference call!

Edited by ZekeStenzland
  • Haha 1

As was mentioned one of the first priorities is to unlock your Alpha slot and the fastest method is the Oro Mender arc.  Once you've unlocked it you'll want to start running missions to acquire threads to craft your first Alpha enhancement.  Note I said Threads, while you can use Shards for the Alpha (and ONLY the Alpha) the game's very stingy with those and relatively free with threads.

I enjoy running the main level 45-50 TF's like the MLTF, Lady Gray, Dr. Kahn and the ITF (which is I believe level 35-50).  You'll likely also want to join some Incarnate Trials, the BAF being the lowest and most commonly run.  As a brand new level 50 you do NOT want to run the higher Incarnate trials yet unless you want to face +6 or higher mobs.

Dark Astoria is also an Incarnate level zone with various contacts and arcs to run, many new 50's do spend some time there.  Be aware that it's considerably more dangerous than standard content; it's keyed for players who have up to 3 incarnate level shifts... functionally level 53.  They also all have significantly higher chances to hit you so you need higher defenses than normal.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

It depends. What have you already done as a 50?

My first thing is "Roll another alt," personally. 🙂 But yeah. Unlock your Alpha slot. (You're going to want that if you want to join a "tinpex," as without it, you're at a -8.)  Start tweaking the build, if that's what you're into. Dark Astoria was mentioned - it's pretty much where the story takes you.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Also, be sure to run Maria Jenkins' arc, for AV defeats you will need for accolades, if you haven't already.  If you don't team regularly, I prefer the Ouroboros version with Statesman: no square white lab maps, but that's a Ouro version and you have to commit to the whole thing to get maximum benefit from it. 

All content from Posi 1 forward earns you incarnate credit even when exemped down if you run it as a 50.  Running weekly target task forces like Citadel also counts when running exemped from 50.  Weekly targets also earn you Notices of the Well, which are mostly important for the 'shards' path towards Alpha.  (Since the shards path is harder than the threads path, I tend to save the shards.  Moving from t3 to t4 alpha requires you to craft a second Alpha and get it to t3 along the path not taken.  When you get ready to make that step, you may well have enough shards and notices to get at least part of the way there without using up your Empyrean merits or threads.)

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Well the very first thing you should do is train, you won't get incarnate exp until you do. Next is unlock your alpha for sure, but then you want to get the power you slot there to the 3rd level, or tier. This will give you a level shift for all content, making you effectively level 51. Doing this for your lore and destiny slots will each give you another two level shifts making you fight as level 53, but only for incarnate content.

The other thing you should work on is the four passive accolade which will give you perment increases to you health and endurance.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

3 hours ago, Carnifax said:

Also if you have any ATOs upgrading them to superiors is useful, but only if you have enough / can afford enough to upgrade the whole set in one go. 

Generally, level 50 characters who aren't extraordinarily unlucky can count on getting one converter to drop a day.  I have several level 50 characters so I try to play different ones daily for at least a little while, to collect them.  Depending on AT, working the Cimeroran walls is an option.  You must defeat level 50 mobs as a 60, but exemp content also works.  Do this for 6 days and you should have enough to upgrade a full set of ATOs.  I can do this as soon as a character dings 50 because I have a stockpile. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

2 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Generally, level 50 characters who aren't extraordinarily unlucky can count on getting one converter to drop a day.  I have several level 50 characters so I try to play different ones daily for at least a little while, to collect them.  Depending on AT, working the Cimeroran walls is an option.  You must defeat level 50 mobs as a 60, but exemp content also works.  Do this for 6 days and you should have enough to upgrade a full set of ATOs.  I can do this as soon as a character dings 50 because I have a stockpile. 

Yes, I usually have enough by then too. It was just a warning in case someone starts, realizes they can only upgrade 4 and ends up splitting the IO Set bonus in twain.