Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cgilm2526

Level 37 Healer

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

I have hit level 37 and was wondering if I am slotting my powers correctly. This toon only plays in a group so his secondary powers only have 1 slot.  I havent start with IO's yet, still doing SO's for now. Main concern is that I have the right amount of Heals, Recharge etc's in my powers. 

Thank you

 

image.thumb.png.e653322dfdfd8296ceccf599d80ebad4.png

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

BearRepair Jr: Level 49 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Energy Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(3), Heal(3), EndRdx(5), EndRdx(5), EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Dmg(A)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Heal(A), Heal(7), Heal(9), RechRdx(9), RechRdx(11), Range(11)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump(A)
Level 6: Resurrect -- Range(A), Range(13), Range(13), RechRdx(15), RechRdx(15), RechRdx(17)
Level 8: Absorb Pain -- Heal(A), Heal(17), Heal(19), RechRdx(19), Range(21), Range(21)
Level 10: Clear Mind -- Range(A), Range(23), Range(23), RechRdx(37)
Level 12: Fortitude -- ToHit(A), ToHit(25), ToHit(25), DefBuff(27), DefBuff(27), DefBuff(29)
Level 14: Energy Torrent -- Range(A)
Level 16: Power Burst -- Acc(A)
Level 18: Grant Invisibility -- RechRdx(A)
Level 20: Invisibility -- DefBuff(A)
Level 22: Recovery Aura -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(29), RechRdx(31), EndRdx(31), EndRdx(31), EndRdx(33)
Level 24: Phase Shift -- RechRdx(A)
Level 26: Sniper Blast -- Range(A)
Level 28: Regeneration Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(33), Heal(33), RechRdx(34), RechRdx(34), RechRdx(34)
Level 30: Aim -- ToHit(A)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- Heal(A), Heal(36), Heal(36), RechRdx(36), RechRdx(37), RechRdx(37)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx(A)
Level 38: [Empty]
Level 41: [Empty]
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healing is nice and all but I think here youre way overslotted for heals, at the cost of your attacks. Pure healers arent needed in CoH, especially later as peoples builds mature.

 

You have a whole secondary stuffed with Blasts for a reason. You can certainly focus more on buffs and then heals and finally blasts but effectively ignoring your secondary is going to gimp you and leave you with very little to do on a strong team who doesnt need much healing.

 

Also recovery aura should be slotted with End Mod rather than End Red.

 

Theres a whole post stickied at the top of this forum explaining the fallacy of the "pure healer" in CoH.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Healing is nice and all but I think here youre way overslotted for heals, at the cost of your attacks. Pure healers arent needed in CoH, especially later as peoples builds mature.

 

You have a whole secondary stuffed with Blasts for a reason. You can certainly focus more on buffs and then heals and finally blasts but effectively ignoring your secondary is going to gimp you and leave you with very little to do on a strong team who doesnt need much healing.

 

Also recovery aura should be slotted with End Mod rather than End Red.

 

Theres a whole post stickied at the top of this forum explaining the fallacy of the "pure healer" in CoH.

Thanks for the feedback. With the next levels coming, my slots are going to go to my secondary powers so I will be slotting them. I was just wanting to know if the enhancements that I had in my current build for my heals were correct. 

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pure healer is a bit of a folly in this game. Obviously its your hero and you can do what you like, but my advice would be to diversify a bit. 

 

Its more about the 'opportunity cost', i.e. what you are comparably losing by pushing so hard in one direction for small gains. For example, you have 3 range slots in ressurect which takes the range from 15yards to 23.4 yards. Obviously more range in ressurect can be handy, but the opportunity cost is you could use those slots to double the damage of one of your blasts, and on balance that will support your team much more powerfully than the extra range on ressurect. Thats just one example that can be replicated across your build. 

 

There is nothing wrong with being an Empath that focuses on teams and support, but don't go "all in" and waste slots on your primary powers where they aren't needed and are providing very little gain. As a start I would take out the slots from ressurect and clear mind, and just stick with the original slot, and put those slots in your blast powers. A Defender can definitely do a lot of damage if you put some emphasis on it, and dead enemies don't hut people. 

I think this would be a good start 😊

Edited by Peacemoon
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IO slot-wise, without going into an entire build (cos I'm hungover) I usually use 5 Doctored Wounds in my heals for the recharge IO bonus.

 

It's not the hugest increase but probably the most cost effective (around 7.5 million for a set of 5).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Pure healer is a bit of a folly in this game. Obviously its your hero and you can do what you like, but my advice would be to diversify a bit. 

 

Its more about the 'opportunity cost', i.e. what you are comparably losing by pushing so hard in one direction for small gains. For example, you have 3 range slots in ressurect which takes the range from 15yards to 23.4 yards. Obviously more range in ressurect can be handy, but the opportunity cost is you could use those slots to double the damage of one of your blasts, and on balance that will support your team much more powerfully than the extra range on ressurect. Thats just one example that can be replicated across your build. 

 

There is nothing wrong with being an Empath that focuses on teams and support, but don't go "all in" and waste slots on your primary powers where they aren't needed and are providing very little gain. As a start I would take out the slots from ressurect and clear mind, and just stick with the original slot, and put those slots in your blast powers. A Defender can definitely do a lot of damage if you put some emphasis on it, and dead enemies don't hut people. 

I think this would be a good start 😊

Thank you. That is what I was looking for. Aside from the slots form REs and Clear Mind, What other powers do I have extra slots for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, unless you need the slots for an IO set I dont think youd need any of the heals 6 slotted. 4 or 5 would be my normal max (with maybe an exception fora Kin or Dark who need to get Acc in there too, or a range for Natures cone).

 

Healing Aura is a clicky so I dont think youll need 3 end reduction in it. Also on the offchance you have it on Auto, dont have it on auto. Theres no need and the animation time can interfere with when you want to actually need to save someone with a bigger heal.

 

Plus the constant noise of heal spam is kinda annoying 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I am still new to the game, I read about diminishing returns for enhancements. Is more than 3 of the same type of enhancements a waste? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cgilm2526 said:

Thank you. That is what I was looking for. Aside from the slots form REs and Clear Mind, What other powers do I have extra slots for?

Fortitude I would change your slots a bit. You have two focuses with Fortitude: recharge so you can cast it on multiple people simultaneously, and defence because that tends to benefit people more than to-hit buff. So using SOs, I would go 3x recharge and 3x defence. 

How open are you to using invention enhancements and getting set bonuses?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cgilm2526 said:

Since I am still new to the game, I read about diminishing returns for enhancements. Is more than 3 of the same type of enhancements a waste? 

Pretty much. On the Mids builder, when the enhanced numbers start going yellow and red, it means you're into diminished returns area. To fully enhance a specific stat you want to get it into the red, but without going far over as you start getting very heavy diminished returns.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peacemoon said:

Pretty much. On the Mids builder, when the enhanced numbers start going yellow and red, it means you're into diminished returns area. To fully enhance a specific stat you want to get it into the red, but without going far over as you start getting very heavy diminished returns.  

That makes a lot of sense. My other level 50(Controller), I waited till I hit 50 before I started with Set Bonus and IO's. He is now fully slotted with all IO's and 2 6-set enhancements. If I got for a set bonus now at level 37, wont I just be replacing it again at 50?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cgilm2526 said:

That makes a lot of sense. My other level 50(Controller), I waited till I hit 50 before I started with Set Bonus and IO's. He is now fully slotted with all IO's and 2 6-set enhancements. If I got for a set bonus now at level 37, wont I just be replacing it again at 50?

On the AH you can buy 'attuned enhancements' and these will scale with you as you level, so that at level 50 they will work as if they are a level 50 version. And if you exempler down, they will scale down, and the set bonuses (providing you are within the level range that the set stretches to), will also continue to work. So I would recommend using those while leveling, if you can afford them 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

On the AH you can buy 'attuned enhancements' and these will scale with you as you level, so that at level 50 they will work as if they are a level 50 version. And if you exempler down, they will scale down, and the set bonuses (providing you are within the level range that the set stretches to), will also continue to work. So I would recommend using those while leveling, if you can afford them 😊

I was looking at Defender's Bastion and Vigilant Assault as the 2 sets to get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cgilm2526 said:

I was looking at Defender's Bastion and Vigilant Assault as the 2 sets to get. 

They're good sets and can provide nice AoE bonuses while attacking. So you want them in attacks you use quite often. I would recommend Power Burst, Power Torrent or Snipe, because they are good attacks and would put the enhancements to good use.

 

With Defender's Bastion I put all 6 enhancements in one power for the 5% ranged defence and 10% recharge (well, once you make them epic!)

However with Vigilant Assault I tend to divide them between two powers. That way you get the +max end and +recharge bonus twice. So put 3 in one blast, and 3 in another, dividing up the bonuses as would be most advantageous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I did a quick revision of my enhancements. Thoughts? 

 

image.thumb.png.52938207bf1cec9f5cebb8492c9bab6e.png

 

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

BearRepair Jr: Level 49 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Energy Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(3), Heal(3), EndRdx(5), EndRdx(5), EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Dmg(A), Dmg(13), Dmg(13)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Heal(A), Heal(7), Heal(9), RechRdx(9), RechRdx(11), Range(11)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump(A)
Level 6: Resurrect -- Range(A)
Level 8: Absorb Pain -- Heal(A), Heal(17), Heal(19), RechRdx(19), Range(21), Range(21)
Level 10: Clear Mind -- Range(A)
Level 12: Fortitude -- ToHit(A), ToHit(25), ToHit(25), DefBuff(27), DefBuff(27), DefBuff(29)
Level 14: Energy Torrent -- Range(A), Dmg(15)
Level 16: Power Burst -- Acc(A), Dmg(17), Dmg(23)
Level 18: Grant Invisibility -- RechRdx(A)
Level 20: Invisibility -- DefBuff(A)
Level 22: Recovery Aura -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(29), RechRdx(31), EndRdx(31), EndRdx(31), EndRdx(33)
Level 24: Phase Shift -- RechRdx(A)
Level 26: Sniper Blast -- Range(A), Acc(39), Acc(39)
Level 28: Regeneration Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(33), Heal(33), EndRdx(34), EndRdx(34), EndRdx(34)
Level 30: Aim -- ToHit(A), ToHit(37)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- Heal(A), Heal(36), Heal(36), RechRdx(36), RechRdx(37), RechRdx(37)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx(A)
Level 38: [Empty] 
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cgilm2526 said:

Ok, I did a quick revision of my enhancements. Thoughts? 

 

image.thumb.png.52938207bf1cec9f5cebb8492c9bab6e.png

 

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

BearRepair Jr: Level 49 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Energy Blast
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Power Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(3), Heal(3), EndRdx(5), EndRdx(5), EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Dmg(A), Dmg(13), Dmg(13)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Heal(A), Heal(7), Heal(9), RechRdx(9), RechRdx(11), Range(11)
Level 4: Super Jump -- Jump(A)
Level 6: Resurrect -- Range(A)
Level 8: Absorb Pain -- Heal(A), Heal(17), Heal(19), RechRdx(19), Range(21), Range(21)
Level 10: Clear Mind -- Range(A)
Level 12: Fortitude -- ToHit(A), ToHit(25), ToHit(25), DefBuff(27), DefBuff(27), DefBuff(29)
Level 14: Energy Torrent -- Range(A), Dmg(15)
Level 16: Power Burst -- Acc(A), Dmg(17), Dmg(23)
Level 18: Grant Invisibility -- RechRdx(A)
Level 20: Invisibility -- DefBuff(A)
Level 22: Recovery Aura -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(29), RechRdx(31), EndRdx(31), EndRdx(31), EndRdx(33)
Level 24: Phase Shift -- RechRdx(A)
Level 26: Sniper Blast -- Range(A), Acc(39), Acc(39)
Level 28: Regeneration Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(33), Heal(33), EndRdx(34), EndRdx(34), EndRdx(34)
Level 30: Aim -- ToHit(A), ToHit(37)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- Heal(A), Heal(36), Heal(36), RechRdx(36), RechRdx(37), RechRdx(37)
Level 35: Conserve Power -- RechRdx(A)
Level 38: [Empty] 
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

I would respec and do this. This will allow you to do recovery aura and then victory rush when it is on cooldown, allowing you to keep your team's endurance up for longer. This build will also help the team more with buffs in order to avoid dmg instead of healing, but you are still able to heal when you need to. 

 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Energy Blast
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- Heal(A), Heal(5), RechRdx(7), EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- Dmg(A), Dmg(17), Acc(21), Acc(21), EndRdx(36), RechRdx(37)
Level 2: Absorb Pain -- Heal(A), Heal(9), RechRdx(9), RechRdx(11)
Level 4: Energy Torrent -- Dmg(A), Dmg(23), Acc(23), Acc(25), EndRdx(36), RechRdx(37)
Level 6: Resurrect -- RechRdx(A)
Level 8: Clear Mind -- EndRdx(A)
Level 10: Power Burst -- Dmg(A), Dmg(11), Acc(13), Acc(13), EndRdx(34), RechRdx(37)
Level 12: Fortitude -- DefBuff(A), DefBuff(25), DefBuff(29), RechRdx(29), RechRdx(31), RechRdx(31)
Level 14: Maneuvers -- DefBuff(A), DefBuff(15), EndRdx(15), EndRdx(17)
Level 16: Sniper Blast -- Dmg(A), Dmg(31), Acc(33), Acc(33), EndRdx(33), RechRdx(36)
Level 18: Recovery Aura -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(19), RechRdx(19)
Level 20: Aim -- RechRdx(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx(A)
Level 24: Super Jump -- Jump(A)
Level 26: Regeneration Aura -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(27), RechRdx(27)
Level 28: Assault -- EndRdx(A)
Level 30: Tactics -- EndRdx(A)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(34), RechRdx(34)
Level 35: Victory Rush -- EndMod(A)
Level 38: [Empty] 
Level 41: [Empty] 
Level 44: [Empty] 
Level 47: [Empty] 
Level 49: [Empty] 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1184;492;984;HEX;|
|78DA7593CD6ED3401485EFD84ED3A469122784B4F48FA4A5485D4420D823B50948D|
|0A28A4AB0A930C699A45683633945224B5E80051BDE8225E2E799FAF306EE8DE738|
|A1B63A927532DFDC73EEB5631F7C69177EBEF8FA8C44716F608F46565BF6A4D7954|
|1F6C871A5E7489AAC2C5FB5F8C4DAFDDCEBB53A9F7CFBEC64BC3AA56F6CAF2FBBAD|
|8E2783FED8DAE5B0332A1D0E8783D6BEB4B96074E2FAF9687FE44BD92DC447BEEBF|
|52BD1E6F93070A435EC59EFDCC1C0ECF8AED36ADBC1A975C05132182FF110DB7C1D|
|6B8415EA9467317432A0732634ABF4D7AC3643BA6265E81DBAA99BF06C21E33D7B0|
|5FA08E4CFC78A9A3CF437D7EAE8A323FF6EACC85FBAA58FC5DE8CF25206EC83A61E|
|FA846551FF87590E3D72C8CE430B74531B891E367B17E05D30300F743556D4AE27D|
|4E4AC45A19EC3226A8BB1A24F19FA97FB94D0A784D9D6A1F729A1F06CA2CF47F69A|
|CAAB99609584FEE39A2A9E4B15ACC93935B01A589D591DAC5E54CC61EF32F297517|
|72FA115F6ADA87BA515CC57655D035B03EB72D606B236E06D24F4DB03A2266668CE|
|2916DEB6A23F01C55115BDDA9992702775FA28451EA7C89314799A22FB29F27A42D|
|4ED8687C6F41320119DE6CAD3173D3CE78F4188FF4F2F6744136FF9070FA535F448|
|8D97BC7F68D045CA75352342FCD094EBBBD26B4DF4BADC|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

 

Please let me know your global ID and I can send you some money for the the enhancements in health and stamina. (make sure you buy the attuned versions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't use SOs for anything. You can buy or craft non-set IOs that are as good and don't ever expire. You can go to the university or a SG base and buy recipes from the table. You can use /ah to also buy recipes, the enhancements themselves, or the materials needed to craft the recipes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, War_L0ck said:

I wouldn't use SOs for anything. You can buy or craft non-set IOs that are as good and don't ever expire. You can go to the university or a SG base and buy recipes from the table. You can use /ah to also buy recipes, the enhancements themselves, or the materials needed to craft the recipes.

So that I am clear. If I buy a level 37 IO that levels with me, when I hit 50, will it be just as good as a level 50 IO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, cgilm2526 said:

So that I am clear. If I buy a level 37 IO that levels with me, when I hit 50, will it be just as good as a level 50 IO?

The level 40 IOs will be few % points shy of a level 50 IO, but the benefit is you don't need to replace everything all at once while leveling. Say at level 22, you put lvl 25 IOs in everything. At lvl 29, SOs are all red and busted. IOs are still working--you can get level 30s if you want, but they are barely an upgrade and hardly worth the influence. So you can keep them all the way to 50 if you want (or swap in a few that are more important to you)--and then swap in sets to replace them as you get the money/merits.

Edited by War_L0ck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cgilm2526 said:

So that I am clear. If I buy a level 37 IO that levels with me, when I hit 50, will it be just as good as a level 50 IO?

Common IOs don't level with you. They just never expire (unlike SOs). Over the lifetime of your char it'll save you money to buy level 25 Common IOs at 22 rather than SOs. Once you hit 50 you replace them with a set IOd build. 

 

Personally I prefer to set-build as I go nowadays. Typically I'll have a "just-hitting-50" build I'm working towards done in Mids, usually posted to the forums too for feedback / clarification. That'll have no Purple IOs or Winter IOs and few PvP ones (all of these are expensive) and just the "standard" ATOs, not the superior versions. I'll get the ATOs at level 10. Some of the set IOs at 22 and most of the the rest at 27 and slot them in situ as slots become available. 

 

I'll shore up with SOs or common IOs as I go (if it's for "3-4 levels" I'll use an SO, longer I'll go Common IO). Generally by level 34/35 or so that means the build becomes stronger than an SO or Common IO build but it's quite convoluted and can involve a few respecs along the way.

 

But I enjoy that part of the game. Plenty of other people use mostly common IOs at 22 and don't worry about set build until 50. I just find that at 50 I get distracted and start an Alt so the newly minted IO Build doesn't get played as much. 

 

Really it's up to how you like playing and planning builds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can res with temp res powers from p2w.

Absorb pain will be your most common cause of death.  you use it, you pull aggro, you die, and you can't even be saved by another teammate because of the -heal.  If you're dead you're not keeping other teammates alive.

Here are 2 relatively less expensive SLE armored builds.  

You can drop the price even more by pulling out some of the more expensive pieces and the build will still function. 

At least 1000 ways you can modifiy and improve these.

I've posted similar with even more armor if you search the forums and discord.

 

Emp Energy - Burke IO - [i26].mxd Emp Energy - Strauss IO - [i26].mxd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 5:10 AM, Carnifax said:

Personally I prefer to set-build as I go nowadays. Typically I'll have a "just-hitting-50" build I'm working towards done in Mids, usually posted to the forums too for feedback / clarification. That'll have no Purple IOs or Winter IOs and few PvP ones (all of these are expensive) and just the "standard" ATOs, not the superior versions. I'll get the ATOs at level 10. Some of the set IOs at 22 and most of the the rest at 27 and slot them in situ as slots become available. 

OP, if you want to be a really effective addition to your team, both as a healer and as a secondary blaster, I'd suggest doing this.  You can slot most sets in the game by your level, and you will notice definite improvements in recharge of heals, defenses, and a number of other areas.  Then, when you hit 50, you can pull out any sets you had slotted, such as Decimation or Positrons Blast, and replace them with your final sets, storing the sets you pulled out for your next character.  I've got some sets that have been passed through 3 characters now on the way to 50, so you don't have to keep buying them.  Just make sure to buy the Attuned versions, so you can start slotting them around SO time, and they are effective up to 50.  

 

If, for example, you want to 6-slot heals, if you put a Numina in you get some ranged defense, or a Preventative Medicine for some recharge.  For Recovery Aura (which should have Endurance Modification, not End Reduction, by the way) slot one of the new EndMod sets, Preemptive Optimization, for both defense and some recharge.  Also, though they are more expensive, the Defender ATOs are some of the best in the game.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is my Empaths build which I have rejigged slightly for Energy Blast. I've left one slot purposelyfully free.

Its not cheap, more of a "final build" - you can replace expensive IOs for cheaper ones while leveling and work on the final setup at 50. 

Feel free to rejig this or cannabilise any slotting ideas! My Empath is Psychic Blast, so he has the psychic themed epic set. You could maybe swap for that for Primal Forces and Power Build Up to combine with Fortitude. Also he has Burnout not Aim, for x2 Adrenalin Boosts and an extra Fortitude every so often. 

 

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Defender
Primary Power Set: Empathy
Secondary Power Set: Energy Blast
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Healing Aura -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), NmnCnv-Heal(9), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(9)
Level 1: Power Bolt -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 2: Heal Other -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(5), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(5), Prv-Heal/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(15), Prv-Absorb%(42)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(34)
Level 6: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Energy Torrent -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(11), Artl-Dam/Rech(11), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(13), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(15)
Level 10: Power Burst -- OvrFrc-Dam/KB(A), Apc-Dam%(17), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(17), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(19), FrcFdb-Rechg%(21)
Level 12: Fortitude -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(31), HO:Membr(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40), Rct-ResDam%(42)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Recovery Aura -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(21), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(43), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(43)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(23), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(27)
Level 22: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 26: Regeneration Aura -- Prv-Heal/Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(29), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29)
Level 28: [Empty] -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Boxing -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 32: Adrenalin Boost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(50), Pnc-Heal(50)
Level 35: Dominate -- HO:Perox(A), HO:Perox(36), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(36), GldNet-Dam%(36), UnbCns-Dam%(37), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(37)
Level 38: Nova -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(40)
Level 41: Explosive Blast -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), PstBls-Dam%(42), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(46)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 7.25% Defense(Smashing)
  • 7.25% Defense(Lethal)
  • 7.25% Defense(Fire)
  • 7.25% Defense(Cold)
  • 18.81% Defense(Energy)
  • 18.81% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 8.5% Defense(Melee)
  • 28.81% Defense(Ranged)
  • 8.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 9% Max End
  • 9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 77.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 10% Enhancement(Range)
  • 14% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 7.5% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 194.6 HP (19.13%) HitPoints
  • 7.5% JumpHeight
  • 7.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 25%
  • MezResist(Held) 25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 5% (0.08 End/sec) Recovery
  • 42% (1.78 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 15.5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 15.5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 12.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 12.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 8% Resistance(Energy)
  • 8% Resistance(Negative)
  • 11% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 11% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 7.5% SpeedRunning

 

Edited by Peacemoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me my team focused Empaths I built for recharge, then more recharge, and even more recharge.  These days I'd probably squeeze in some defense.  My personal mitigation would come from having my Auras up with as little downtime as possible, teammates and inspires.  It would be "Green Machine" compliant.  

 

Heal Aura and Heal Other -> 5 or 6 slots. One would get Preventative Medicine, the other would get either Doctored Wounds (lower cost) or Panacea (high cost)

 

Absorb Pain and Resurrect -> I generally skipped.  I'd probably drop an endred on the base slot of Resurrect if I did take it, no further slots added.  I'd use it mostly if I wanted a particular character up and running asap.

 

Clear Mind -> base slot pretty much slot with any choice. I often went with range.

 

Fortitude -> anywhere from 3 to 6 slotted with any of a number of enhancements.  3 Membranes +/- a LotG global recharge, 4 LotG, 5 Red Fortune + LotG global recharge being some common enhancements.

 

Recovery Aura -> recharge, endmod/recharge, endmod/recharge 

 

Regeneration Aura -> 5 or 6 slotted either Doctored Wounds or Panacea 

 

Generally I'd be looking to ensure my two RA's recharged within seconds of each other.  Fire one, then the other afterward.

 

Adrenaline Boost -> 5 or 6 Doctored Wounds or Panacea.  Formerly included an endmod/recharge but with crashless nukes that would be unnecessary.

 

Hasten, Assault, Tactics included.  Likely Vengeance.  Solid attack chain in secondary.  Sets for recharge (Decimation, Positrons Blast and purple sets).  Never really understood not slotting blasts for recharge even on 'healer' builds.  That's giving up a whole lot of recharge.  Slotting them doesn't mean using them, they work fine as set mules 🤪.

 

Epic -> varied some  but included things like Power Boost, Soul Drain, Oppressive Gloom etc..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please refer to your character as an Empath.

The "Healer" cause excessive sadness in both Pandas AND Koalas.

Don't make them sad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...