Switching from Resistance to Loyalist after story arcs complete

Peacemoon

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch from Resistance to Loyalist at level 25? I've completed the story arcs, and if I redo the morality mission via Ouroboros it doens't seem to stick. Is there anything like Null available for switching?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Its okay, I think I might have to give up on my quest. 

Some background - one of the reasons I made my character Praetorian was to have access to the cool titles at 15 and 25. Particularly the loyalist ones. 

So at 15 I chose the title I liked ("Benevolent"), but along the way I got so immersed in the story of Praetoria that I forgot why I was there. The Loyalist arcs were rubbing me the wrong way and particularly the Mother Mayhem arc (my character is a psychic...) was the final straw and I switched to Resistance. Then later on, I realised I'd potentially locked myself out of the title I wanted!

Oh well. That's morality for you 😉

• Like 2

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

That would be great. Specifically a lot of titles from the trainer are restricted based on whether you're Primal (Hero or Villain) or Praetorian (Resistance or Loyalist). Even Praetorians lose access to their unique titles once they join Hero or Villain allignment. They're also restricted by what Origin you are, but unfortunately most of the Mutant ones seem to think I'm a monster from Resident Evil...

• Thanks 1

Retired, October 2022.

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

Its okay, I think I might have to give up on my quest. 

Some background - one of the reasons I made my character Praetorian was to have access to the cool titles at 15 and 25. Particularly the loyalist ones. 

So at 15 I chose the title I liked ("Benevolent"), but along the way I got so immersed in the story of Praetoria that I forgot why I was there. The Loyalist arcs were rubbing me the wrong way and particularly the Mother Mayhem arc (my character is a psychic...) was the final straw and I switched to Resistance. Then later on, I realised I'd potentially locked myself out of the title I wanted!

Oh well. That's morality for you 😉

I hear that.  Even the final "Responsibility" arc, for my first character who conceptually is all about protecting the people of praetoria.... just got soooo disilllusioned with Cole and all the Praetors that at the end of that arc, I just couldn't bring myself to take down Inspector Kang.  I let him tell the people, and that counted as a Resistance choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

I hear that.  Even the final "Responsibility" arc, for my first character who conceptually is all about protecting the people of praetoria.... just got soooo disilllusioned with Cole and all the Praetors that at the end of that arc, I just couldn't bring myself to take down Inspector Kang.  I let him tell the people, and that counted as a Resistance choice.

Yeah it does become difficult to stay a Loyalist once you get into Neutropolis. You start dealing with Praetors who are just in it for themselves and politiking, and it is less about being a law abiding law enforcer. But having done the Crusader arcs for the first time they are equally bad. I probably should have stuck to Warden and Responsibility and left the extremes...

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Is that the one with Cleo? I think siding with Kang is actually a Loyalist move if I remember correctly..!

Retired, October 2022.

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

Is that the one with Cleo? I think siding with Kang is actually a Loyalist move if I remember correctly..!

Cleo is way back in Nova Praetoria. 

The final Responsibility Arc is you and Kang helping prevent a disaster at Keyes' Reactors.  And they find info about Cole planning an invasion of Primal Earth, etc.

The choice was

1. Loyalist:  prevent Kang from releasing the classified info and causing possible panic
  2. Resistance:  let Kang share the information with the public
Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Cleo is way back in Nova Praetoria. 

The final Responsibility Arc is you and Kang helping prevent a disaster at Keyes' Reactors.  And they find info about Cole planning an invasion of Primal Earth, etc.

The choice was

1. Loyalist:  prevent Kang from releasing the classified info and causing possible panic
  2. Resistance:  let Kang share the information with the public

Oh that was it.. yes I definitely went Resistance on that. Which is strange in a way, because Kang himself remains a loyalist cop, so really we should have been able to side with him without ‘joining the resistance’. Surely that is what being a Responsibility loyalist was all about. Resistance should have been kill Kang and blow up the reactors or something!

I think I was already resistance by this point, I’m not 100% sure. I think it was with Vanessa DeVore and Mother that I switched, because the character Peacemoon is a psychic himself and no way was he siding with Mother. Although all Seers are female, so no idea what would have happened to him if his psychic ability had been caught...

• Like 2

Retired, October 2022.

A friend and I recently made characters to run in Praetoria, following the "change sides every time" guide in the Guides section.  When we finally got out (have to turn off XPs for about 80% of it to do all the arcs), we had to go redside, because both sides in Praetoria are arguably more villianous than most of the actual Villian story arcs.  Sure, in Sharkshead, you help someone get revenge on an old foe and he pays you.  In Praetoria you do things like nerve gas a police station to incite the populace against the Resistance, and that's when you are a Loyalist, if I recall properly.  Our characters now look for the most cynical, destructive things we can do in Rogue Isles.  And when we are lucky we find a mission with lots of ambushes, just like home, sigh. . . 🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 1:47 PM, Peacemoon said:

Yeah it does become difficult to stay a Loyalist once you get into Neutropolis. You start dealing with Praetors who are just in it for themselves and politiking, and it is less about being a law abiding law enforcer. But having done the Crusader arcs for the first time they are equally bad. I probably should have stuck to Warden and Responsibility and left the extremes...

Unless of course, your goal it to make it to the top, stepping on the bodies of anyone else that gets in your way. Because you want... you need to be... Top Dog.

I've got a character that's currently running the Powers storyline only, no swapping. I recommend running with no XP buff when wanting to complete any of the storylines as you will easily outlevel them and unlike Primal Earth, the contacts in Praetoria won't give you the time of day, even if you've already started working with them.

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

I followed Redlynne's guide, switching sides as much as possible. Managed to get through every storyarc - until I flubbed it and accidentally picked the wrong choice at the end of the final Resistance arc, locking myself out of the final Loyalist Power arc. The only one I had left. Immediately went to Null to see if I could rectify this and, of course, could not. I've been kicking myself for weeks ever since.

In terms of the character's internal story, she successfully rose in the ranks and prestige of both sides of the conflict, simultaneously, without ever being caught. She eventually left for Redside as a valued and trusted officer within Powers Division, firm in her commitment to the Emperor, and as an admired fighter in the Resistance, obviously dedicated to earning freedom from tyranny. Her goal wasn't protecting the people or ending a tyrant's reign. It was all about spreading as much discord and mistrust and flaming already burning hatreds into raging infernos, simply because it amused her. And, deep down, revenge for the sacrifices she had to make to survive the empire.

But mostly, it was all for the lulz.