Add a repel to knockdown IO

Thematically I love the various Martial Arts sets including MARTIAL COMBAT!!! but i'm hating how Ki push can mess up my melee attack chain unless I'm fighting an unrepelable foe thus I often end up not using Ki Push power which I have no choice but to take, I'd really appreciate a single IO I can slot into it or the whole build to prevent the KB & Repel aspects of that power(& every KB rifle power while we're at it slotting 3 KB to KD IOs is a bit much)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Does it not already accept the existing KB to KD IO?

Sadly, it does not otherwise I'd put this IO in powers such as Force Bubble, Sentinel "snipe" replacements, KI Push as OP mentioned. It really is problematic because it can "push" an enemy away from your regular melee attacks, making you do this annoying sort of "cat and mouse" game. 

There are ways to circumvent it, but it can be quite annoying.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

It probably does but that likely has no impact on the repel side of Ki Push as it is A KB & Repel power & the current IOs do nothing for pure Repel powers

I just tested this on the Beta server KB to KD IOs are accepted but seemingly do nothing with respect to Ki Push

Edited by Chance Jackson

7 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Sadly, it does not otherwise I'd put this IO in powers such as Force Bubble, Sentinel "snipe" replacements, KI Push as OP mentioned. It really is problematic because it can "push" an enemy away from your regular melee attacks, making you do this annoying sort of "cat and mouse" game. 

There are ways to circumvent it, but it can be quite annoying.

Well that stinks.  I am all for adding a IO set that converts repel to KD then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Repel is a wholly different effect. It's why, for instance, Hurricane can affect things Gale won't, or Repulsion Field and Force Bubble can affect different things. What would putting a Repel nullifying effect do? There's not a "low mag Repel," unlike KD-> KO. By allowing it to affect Repel powers, you'd be severely reducing the effectiveness (in some cases to zero) of Repel powers. Sure, Hurricane (for instance) would still debuff, but there'd be nothing keeping a higher tier (and less affected) enemy from simply walking through (remember, no "low mag" repel exists) and attacking you.

Also, Martial Combat is a Blaster secondary. Why not simply... blast them? Especially while they're just hanging there slowly moving away for several seconds?

Honestly, repel is generally an easier to control repositioning mechanic and, other than an MSR, I can't think of places it's complained about.

(Also, no thanks for the last portion. If you want to reduce a power's KB, the cost should be an IO in that power. If it takes multiple IOs, it takes multiple IOs.)

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.

I would not oppose such an IO being created. 

I would love it for Hurricane, to turn it's Repel into Knockdown.

I would never EVER use it for Ki Push though, I love having them float away and then I can gun them down or Burst of Speed / Jaunt next to them to if I want to keep using Martial Combat kicks.

Pff, honestly, I think that KB->KD enhancement has sacrificed fun on the altar of efficiency.  

Having said that, now that fun is dead, who cares if you make the enhancement or not? Enjoy!

• Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

3 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

I just tested this on the Beta server KB to KD IOs are accepted but seemingly do nothing with respect to Ki Push

It will do something, just not what you want.

Example:  Hurricane is both Repel and KnockBACK, as well as mad screaming crazy levels of To-Hi Debuff

the Sudden Accel IO will change it to Repel and KnockDOWN, .... but Repel effect stays.

Ki Push is X seconds of Repel and Mag 4 Hold, and when those X seconds are up, THEN a KnockBACK effect is applied to target.  A final "fling" at the end of the Repel.

the Sudden Accel IO will affect that final fling, and turn just that portion of it to KnockDOWN. But the repel will remain. 

Again, I *like* the Repel on Ki Push, and I wouldn't want to change it.... but I do that it can be annoying to other players. 

There's a bunch of powers like hurricane and hurricane that are only as uber as they are because they have the repel affect that puts a potency check on their awesomeness. A repel to KB IO would undoubtedly be really good, which is kind of the issue. I'd like it if people kept being tactical and creative with how to make hurricane and force bubble work. Maybe Ki Push should just be changed to a chance for repel or knockback.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monos King said:

There's a bunch of powers like hurricane and hurricane that are only as uber as they are because they have the repel affect that puts a potency check on their awesomeness. A repel to KB IO would undoubtedly be really good, which is kind of the issue. I'd like it if people kept being tactical and creative with how to make hurricane and force bubble work. Maybe Ki Push should just be changed to a chance for repel or knockback.

True.  Teleknesis with Repel-To-KD would be....  honestly game-breakingly-good.  It probably cannot be permitted to exist.

Ki push is +4 Mag Repel/Hold, +8 KB; if mids is correct.  The Hold aspect I don't really get, maybe its to "freeze" them and you punch them

Now, I got to ask.  Why would you want to break a perfectly good power?  The other closest punch is Power Thrust, but its Mag 16 KB.  Seems Ki Push is the better alternative, 1/4 the knockback.  And the only reason to 6 slot Ki Push; that rag doll effect in slow motion.  That is pure unadulterated laughs, last time I played that blaster I was laughing every time.  6 slot KB, slow motion "I believe I can fly" moment as you punch that boss into the next mission and he just floats like a bird.

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Haha 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

Also, Martial Combat is a Blaster secondary. Why not simply... blast them? Especially while they're just hanging there slowly moving away for several seconds?

it's good to run them hands, show the low lives, zealots & corporate stooges that you're no 1 trick pony, that you will square up & that they will get folded savage if they even think of stepping to you lol

I soloed a +1 EB in melee today it was in the 2nd to last Hammers Mish it was tough, I almost got 2 shotted & it was  especially satisfying to come out on top, sometimes it's just all about style & MC + Jump Kick is very stylish 

• Like 2