Allow "Reach for the Limit" to accept To-hit Buff sets

It's basically just renamed build up, as far as I can tell, which does take Tohit buffs, so... yeah.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Greycat said:

It's basically just renamed build up, as far as I can tell, which does take Tohit buffs, so... yeah.

You might be thinking of "Focus Chi" which is Martial Art's build up clone. "Reach for the Limit" is not a click power it's an Auto but it still takes the place of a build up type power that most other blaster Secondaries get.

I was going from the descripiton on paragonwiki, actually:

Reach for the Limit

You are constantly looking for vulnerabilities in your foes' stances and positioning. Whenever you attack, you have a chance to gain a moderate +ToHit and +Damage bonus for a short duration.

... which actually doesn't specify that it's an auto power. It does, however, describe it sort of like a proc (the whole chance to... thing.)

Regardless, doesn't change my agreement on it taking sets. I can see some potential concern with it re: the Gaussian's proc, perhaps, but... eh. I don't think it bothers me enough to really disagree at all.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'd like it if it took these kinds of IO sets. I don't see it as "top 10 priorities" but I'd defitely put it in the "It would be nice if" bucket. 

My AR/MC blaster doesn't feel super weak... I mean, lvl 21, she's soloing First Ward arcs at +1/x3 with bosses.... but it does feel a bit "hey!" anytime I get a power that not only doesn't take sets, but literally can't be slotted AT ALL.  I suppose on the flip side though, that's one less power ot take slots, so more slots to allocate for other powers.

• Like 1

It's a very odd power. It's the only non-temporary power in the game I can think of that doesn't even let you slot it (no, the new origin pool popup powers don't count). I have no idea why it doesn't take sets.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

21 hours ago, macskull said:

It's a very odd power. It's the only non-temporary power in the game I can think of that doesn't even let you slot it (no, the new origin pool popup powers don't count). I have no idea why it doesn't take sets.

dual pistols - swap ammo

not saying i think the OP is wrong just saying there is a precedent for non slottable powers. In fact lets make swap ammo slottable too. Dual pistols can use some love.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

14 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

dual pistols - swap ammo

not saying i think the OP is wrong just saying there is a precedent for non slottable powers. In fact lets make swap ammo slottable too. Dual pistols can use some love.

But Swap Ammo doesn't have any buffs to slot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monos King said:

But Swap Ammo doesn't have any buffs to slot

swap ammo allows you to switch from fire/toxic/cold. While there are no direct enhancements to enhance these effects there are fire/toxic/cold procs that "could" be used to accentuate your preferred damage type. Or, if you prefer it could be slotted with knockback sets or slow movement sets as pistol inherently has KB and the cold from swap ammo slows movement.

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Oh yeah, Staff's forms and Bio's adaptations are also unslottable powers. But, like @Monos Kingsaid, those are just powers which unlock other toggle powers which change secondary/tertiary effects. Unlike Reach for the Limit, neither of those have effects on their own, they just modify other powers.

• Like 1

Also, Reach for the Limit is odd in that it uses PPM but I haven't been able to find exactly what its PPM rating is anywhere because there's next to zero documentation about how it actually works.

• Like 1