More Macro Help

Sorry a few questions here trying to find out if this will work before I take the powers!

1. Id like to be teleport team to a key and have it TP me a certain number of feet the direction im facing.

powexec_location 50 Team Teleport

Would this work?  Could I do it with say arror keys and have it not do direction Im facing but ahead, left right and backwards X number of feet?  

2. powexec_location me recall friend

Would it work with recall friend?  Maybe even adding a teamate to the macro?  powexec_location me recall friend TEAMTATE 1

3. Also where are the macros stored in COH files?  Ie like I looked at keybinds.txt and dont see my macros.  Wondering if I can load custom macros easier than one at a time.

1 hour ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

powexec_location me recall friend TEAMTATE 1

I've never seen the powexec_location command. However, if you want a macro to use recall friend on teammate number 1:

/macro TM1 "team_select 1 $$ powexec_name Recall Friend"

This will prompt you to choose a location with your mouse, it won't just teleport someone without a mouse click.

There is a guide on how to store and transfer macros:

Edited by drdread

Here is an example of the powexec_location in a macro:

/macro_image "BanishedPantheon_Pain_WorldOfPain" "Burn" "powexec_location forward:5 bonfire"

This is the macro I use to drop a Bonfire patch 5 (units? feet? quatloos?) in front of me. "Burn" is the 'hover over' name of the macro image. You should be able to adjust it to your taste for your power.

Thanks,  Was looking for something that would allow fast recall friend.  I know for example that "powexec_location me Tar Patch" works awesome.  and that I can replace me with a number to have it execute a certain number of feet in front of me.  So I hope (or maybe someone will chime in and let me know im on the right track).

What I wasnt sure of is selecting a teammate.  Thanks for providing that info its certainly pointing me in the right direction.  

Also thanks for the guide.  Looks exactly like what i needed.

5 minutes ago, tidge said:

Here is an example of the powexec_location in a macro:

/macro_image "BanishedPantheon_Pain_WorldOfPain" "Burn" "powexec_location forward:5 bonfire"

This is the macro I use to drop a Bonfire patch 5 (units? feet? quatloos?) in front of me. "Burn" is the 'hover over' name of the macro image. You should be able to adjust it to your taste for your power.

Since there is a forward 5, i wonder if there is a right 5, back 5 and left 5?

Basically id like to use TP team on my W, A , S, and D keys for movement (or something simliar).

38 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Basically id like to use TP team on my W, A , S, and D keys for movement (or something simliar).

I had read on one of the guides that for 'direction:distance', that direction was supposed to accept degrees (of a circle), but I never got it to work with a number. I believe the intent of 'forward' was to make it relative to the 'camera', but my experimentation was limited:

• Bonfire, as shown
  • Pet Summoning, which I never quite got to do what I wanted to do.

3 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

And 'up', 'down', and 'camera'. The latter is the direction you're looking when you activate the macro; I have some teleport binds that use it. Also 'max' for the distance, which puts it out at the max range of the ability. "forward:max", "camera:max", and "up:max" are useful for teleport.

• Thanks 1

any chance you would share the tp macros?  something i can build off.  sounds like you are doing exactly what im wanting to do.

How is it?  i figure i can still use sprint for close up work.  Or P2W, ninja run.  But I want team TP on my MM for a concept.  basically TP everywhere

My notes on powexec_location: 

/bind shift+f, powexec_location target Rain Of Fire"

loc options: me, target, or [direction:distance]. Direction is 0-360 representing degrees of a circle, distance is 0-max in CoH world units (feet).  

My notes on a teleport binds:

/bind shift+rbutton "tell $target, I am teleporting you now $target! Get ready....$$powexec_name recall friend"

/bind shift+lbutton "powexec_name Teleport"

You can probably change the recall friend to Group Teleport and use powexec_location and that should work:

/bind shift+rbutton "Group Teleport! Get ready....$$powexec_location 0:5 recall friend"  (0 degrees, 5 feet in front of you)

1 hour ago, LaconicLemur said:

My notes on powexec_location: 

/bind shift+f, powexec_location target Rain Of Fire"

loc options: me, target, or [direction:distance]. Direction is 0-360 representing degrees of a circle, distance is 0-max in CoH world units (feet).  

Min is 0, any idea what max is?  Or whats highest youve tried.

Thanks so much for this.  I hope I can use binds and macros to make TP ok in outside or large maps.  and Ill use ninja run for the rest.

1 hour ago, LaconicLemur said:

9 hours ago, LaconicLemur said:

Direction is 0-360 representing degrees of a circle,

One minor detail here, in that an angle is relative to your current facing, so a set of binds like

powexec_location 300:5 "battle drones"

powexec_location 60:5 "protector bots"

powexec_location 0:5 "assault bot"

will not summon them to your left, your right, and in front of you; the first will turn you left 60° and summon your drones, the second will turn you right 60° from where you were and summon your protector bots, and the last will summon your assault bot without changing where you are facing -- so if you use them in that order, you'll summon your assault bot on top of your protector bots.

9 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Min is 0, any idea what max is? 

Max is not a number, but actually typed in as "max". I think it's power-based. So for Jaunt, for example, iirc it's about 250 feet. Far more for Teleport, far less for targeted AOE powers. If you look at the powers info or descr and it shows it, it will be whatever that max number is.

PS Forgot to mention -- you can copy your character to Beta and test out TP powers there, without burning a respec. Hope that helps.

Edited by LaconicLemur

just finished testing team tp on beta server.  powexec_location 0:50 "team teleport" works like a dream.  As did 90, 180 and 270.  thanks for the help everyone.  Cant decide how im gonna keybind it yet.  but I think the concept will work well.

Edited by RageusQuitus2

On 6/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, drdread said:

I've never seen the powexec_location command. However, if you want a macro to use recall friend on teammate number 1:

/macro TM1 "team_select 1 $$ powexec_name Recall Friend"

This will prompt you to choose a location with your mouse, it won't just teleport someone without a mouse click.

Ok so I cant get this working.  Only for team_select  1.  If i do 2, 3 , 6 , 7 nothing.  Nor if i dont enter a number.

/macro TM1 "team_select 1 $$ powexec_location 0:5 Recall Friend" This is how I imagine it.  Id like to setup my team 1-8 to say f1-f8.  So if someone is in trouble i can bring em home to safety.  But again I still need to workout selecting specific teamates.

Update I think i got it working.  is it possible to skip mm pets and only go for players?

Edited by RageusQuitus2

On 6/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, RageusQuitus2 said:

3. Also where are the macros stored in COH files?  Ie like I looked at keybinds.txt and dont see my macros.  Wondering if I can load custom macros easier than one at a time.

You can store them wherever you want.  I recommend storing them where it's convenient for you to find and back up, rather than the default.

I store them in c:\data\text\coh\binds.txt

And one of the binds in the file is:  F12 "bindloadfile c:\data\text\coh\binds.txt"

So I just have to type the line to load the bind file ONCE on a character.  After that, if I edit the bind file, I just hit the button to reload the file.  And I have Alt-F12 set to load my standard chat settings file so I don't need to do that manually.

And you can get pretty meta with this.  I have one keybind that loads an entire file of binds with text for the mothership raid, and a set for the Abandoned Sewer Trial, etc.  When I'm done running it, I have a bind that ERASES those binds so I can't hit them by accident later on.  And here's the command to erase, for example, the F12 key:  F12 nop   (In computerese, that stands for either No Operation or Null Operation - I forget which.)

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Macros are only stored server-side, and unlike Binds, there does not appear to be any command to save all of your Macros.

You can, however, open up Macros you've already made by right-clicking and selecting "Edit," then copy the text there and paste it to a manually-created text file for your own future reference.

10 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Macros are only stored server-side, and unlike Binds, there does not appear to be any command to save all of your Macros.

You can, however, open up Macros you've already made by right-clicking and selecting "Edit," then copy the text there and paste it to a manually-created text file for your own future reference.

I just keep mine in a global email.

• Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"