Switched lv 25 Heal IO for lv 35 Numina's +Regen + Rec: Mistake?

Vulpoid

I am wondering if I made a slotting error.
I unslotted a basic level 25 Heal IO that gave me 32% heal bonus for a fancy level 35 Numina's Convalescence + Regen 20% +Recovery 10% proc.
This was in 3 slotted health on a level 44 Fortunata. Was I mathematically better off before?

Thanks for any advice!

a level 25 IO in health adds 12.88% regen. Numina adds 20% regen plus the recovery

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

55 minutes ago, Bopper said:

a level 25 IO in health adds 12.88% regen.

Thank you so much!!!
I saw .32 somewhere and must have taken it out of context.
I guess that is the base of 40% x .32 = a +12.8%
Thank you very much for your help, I knew it must be better!

Edited by Vulpoid
Math stuff.

I believe the IO enhances health regen (which on my tanker is 17%) and numina enhances the base regen (which is higher on my tanker at 42%). So, slotting a lvl 50 IO, i get 17% * 42% (lvl 50 IO enhance 42%, not the same 42% as my tanker base) = 7% increase in regen. When I unslot the lvl 50 IO and slot the numina plus 20% regen, i get 42% * 20% = 8% increase in regen. So, yes, Numina plus 20% is better and you get an additional 10% in recovery.

16 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

Thank you so much!!!
I saw .32 somewhere and must have taken it out of context.
I guess that is the base of 40% x .32 = a +12.8%
Thank you very much for your help, I knew it must be better!

You did it correctly. Thats exactly how you calculate the added regen of your slotting. Base regen is 40% so you multiply the added strength from the enhancement (in this case 32%?) to come up with +12.88% regeneration added.

For what its worth, even a Level 50 IO in health (42.4% enhancement) would not outperform the 20% regen from Numina.

40% x 42.4% = 16.96%

It actually would require enhancement boosters to surpass numina. If you use a +5 level 50 IO (53% enhancement) you'd get:

40% x 53% = 21.2%

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

You slot Health for endurance recovery.  You slot Stamina for health. 

Brilliant plan there.  It's like all those incarnate trials where the game tells you to do this or that, and then awards badges for not doin' 'em. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Ok, so it is mentioned that the Power Transfer proc only works once if slotted in two places. Does this also apply for the performance shifter +end proc? I've got it slotted multiple times on a number of alts, and I think it does something, but of course I could be fooling myself.

1 minute ago, drbuzzard2 said:

Ok, so it is mentioned that the Power Transfer proc only works once if slotted in two places. Does this also apply for the performance shifter +end proc? I've got it slotted multiple times on a number of alts, and I think it does something, but of course I could be fooling myself.

My understanding is that Performance Shifter works best when slotted in any passive power.  On a Brute you can have one in Stamina, one in Superior Conditioning, and one in Physical Perfection, and all three work.  They can also be slotted in click powers, but then they would only have a chance to fire when those powers are activated.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

10 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

My understanding is that Performance Shifter works best when slotted in any passive power.  On a Brute you can have one in Stamina, one in Superior Conditioning, and one in Physical Perfection, and all three work.  They can also be slotted in click powers, but then they would only have a chance to fire when those powers are activated.

Yes, I have them in passives. I was just curious if they have that exclusionary effect mentioned for the Power Transfer heal (so they don't all proc).

20 minutes ago, drbuzzard2 said:

Yes, I have them in passives. I was just curious if they have that exclusionary effect mentioned for the Power Transfer heal (so they don't all proc).

Only Power Transfer is mech'd this way. 

23 hours ago, jlee18 said:

I believe the IO enhances health regen (which on my tanker is 17%) and numina enhances the base regen (which is higher on my tanker at 42%). So, slotting a lvl 50 IO, i get 17% * 42% (lvl 50 IO enhance 42%, not the same 42% as my tanker base) = 7% increase in regen. When I unslot the lvl 50 IO and slot the numina plus 20% regen, i get 42% * 20% = 8% increase in regen. So, yes, Numina plus 20% is better and you get an additional 10% in recovery.

I thought the Numina was a FLAT 20%.

3 hours ago, blayzemaster said:

I thought the Numina was a FLAT 20%.

I'm not sure how the FLAT would work. But, when I copied my char to the beta server. And using the magic of popmenu to create the needed IOs. I was able to see the effects on the combat attributes screen.

I unslotted all IOs that gave a regen bonus, then I unslotted all IOs in health. My combat attributes for Regeneration was this:

924573279_Screenshotunslotted.png.9f23f1b306befe3d1ea716f484145c28.png

Then, I slotted the lvl 50 IO. I saw that my health went from 17% to 24%, which is a 42% increase on the 17%.

370025866_Screenshotlvl50IO.png.2890ee0c7cb9e591f46c80e7190f77ef.png

Lastly, I unslotted the lvl 50 IO and slotted the numina IO. I saw a new line called numina come up with an additional 8%. Looking at the base of 8.28 hp/sec and multiplying that by 20%, gives me 1.66 hp/sec. So, it looks like it's 20% of the base regen.

364680038_Screenshotnumina.png.d6d1e9495d6bde50e9bed6ed63615dcc.png

Screenshot numina.png

Edited by jlee18
removed duplicate image