VEAT power customization

Widows being able to use other claws, and soldiers being able to use more rifles would both be awesome. Also more maces for bane spiders.

And on a related note in the other direction - shared redraw between War Mace and Mace Mastery if you pick the same mace for both, so alternating powers between the two doesn't make you draw the same weapon you already had out. I think Beam Rifle already has something similar with Munitions Mastery on blasters.

• Like 2

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

It would be nice, as I've asked, for the 5,000th time, to have the option to remove that god awful Crab backpack and give alternative animations for Crab powers. I think possibly one (default) costume with the Crab backpack is fine, but EVERY SINGLE ONE? No.

Another point, please allow Widow costume pieces to work on more than one outfit and have easier integration with other costume pieces. I really don't see how this is a crazy idea, but it would allow people to create a lot more interesting SoA costumes. Also buttcapes for men!

Edited by Zeraphia

Yeah, being able to choose uniform or normal for each slot rather than being locked at one uniform and 9 normal slots would be amazing. But if I recall correctly the uniforms are kind of hacked together at best so that might be more of a technical limitation than anything. I know the crab backpack is, the character's back deforms really weirdly in certain situations if you just take it off. Or so I'm told at least.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

A central conceit of all the EATs is that the game defines a portion of your character’s backstory to enable the game to tell you a story that runs from levels 1-50 about your character. That’s what the word “epic” in Epic Archetype specifically refers to. I can tentatively get behind letting Widows color their psychic powers, but letting VEATs use non-Arachnos weapons or VEATs not having a uniform costume slot, that kind of stuff undermines the story of the archetypes.

Edited by Vanden

I thought the first thing that happens in that story is that you quit being a faceless monk.  Everything after that point barely registers as any kind of coherence between content.   And non-epic archetypes are easily able to steal pieces of arachnos armour for their own outfit in story so the story doesn't,t really justify locking the costumes in the first place.