Split the VEAT branches into different ATs.

Greycat

I'm flat out opposed to splitting each of the branching paths into their own AT's as my VEATS run multiple builds with each build covering a branching path. I also use macros to selectbuild so even during the middle of a mission I can swap between being a night widow, a fortunate, or a blood widow, and the same respective swaps on my crab/bablne/huntsman.

Splitting up the various paths into their own AT would eliminate that and reduce the flexibility of the VEAT AT's.

I don't like the OP idea, but I want to chime in as a player with many VEAT, most with multiple builds.

It has annoyed me when working on the second (and third) build and I have to go through the mandatory respec the first time (for each build slot) I am bring that build to a level greater than 24. Even though I find this highly annoying, it only occurs with a very tiny fraction of the game experience I can't advocate pushing for a change. I'd be giving up much more than I get in return.

My advice is to NOT have any enhancements in your inventory when making a second (or third) build the FIRST time. Otherwise you will have to deal with moving all of them as part of the mandatory respec.

Edited by tidge

Maybe they could give an option at character creation as to which path you want to take...  to avoid the forced respec? 

Option 1:  Bane

Option 2:  Crab

Option 3:  Not sure atm,  Let me decide at 24

Then if you want the other path as an alternate build, you can still do it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, krj12 said:

Maybe they could give an option at character creation as to which path you want to take...  to avoid the forced respec? 

Option 1:  Bane

Option 2:  Crab

Option 3:  Not sure atm,  Let me decide at 24

Then if you want the other path as an alternate build, you can still do it.

This, i wouldn't mind. If I know I'm making a character a Crab, I can *be that* from level 1 instead of feeling like I'm wasting my time and 24 levels of the character.

As for the other... comments, I never stated this was a surprise. I *did* state the 24 respec was something I have *not liked* about them since live, and it's one of the reasons I avoid rolling them, despite otherwise enjoying massive altitis. (Mind you, there is a *lot* I don't like about VEATs. But this, to me, was just a lousy design decision.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just as a point of information, some people (including myself) have built 'hybrid' VEATS that take powers from both paths past the 24 respec.  So I somewhat object to any of the plans that split the AT paths up into their own ATs, and prevent the hybrid versions from being built. 

However, I do want to note that I tried to pre-build my Widow so that the 24 respect wouldn't require any change. That she could just continue on, adding the appropriate powers like a normal character. But I couldn't, because there wasn't enough slots after 24 to get the powers I wanted out of the options that became available post-24. So the respec, annoying as it was, became necessary even when building a hybrid rather than following one path or the other. I got real close, as a I remember. If the respec happened at level 22 instead of 24, I would have been able to pull it off.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'm flat out opposed to splitting each of the branching paths into their own AT's as my VEATS run multiple builds with each build covering a branching path. I also use macros to selectbuild so even during the middle of a mission I can swap between being a night widow, a fortunate, or a blood widow, and the same respective swaps on my crab/bablne/huntsman.

Splitting up the various paths into their own AT would eliminate that and reduce the flexibility of the VEAT AT's.

I thought that builds could only be changed at the trainer ? Something new to me, need to check this out.. 

11 hours ago, plainguy said:

I thought that builds could only be changed at the trainer ? Something new to me, need to check this out.. 

You can do.it with a selectbuild macro as well. It makes for really adaptable missions. The only drawback is doing so it pops all your Cool Downs, so your ATT, Mission Teleporter etc all get popped as well. A reasonable exchange from being able to swap from a melee or ranged or support build all at the click of a button.

• Like 1

Since the widows/spiders have more than a few useless/disappointing powers you need to be able to mix and match in order to skip all the powers that are shit because of nerfs. So I am against anything but removal of the mandatory respec.