- flight speed listing when checking combat powers

obx

I played way way back in beta and for about a year on live.  I have come back as I compared every MMO I have played since to COH.  My question is, I was looking at Movement under combat powers and while flight is active, I have a -14.something reduction in flight speed and do not know why.  I thought it was stealth, but it seems the movement reduction in that was removed after I stopped playing.  Any thoughts on this?  I like flight as a travel power the best and hate that it feels so slow.

• Like 1

Looking at the detailed information on the Fly power, you have 3 buffs and one debuff. Everything but one of the buffs is not affected by other buffs or bebuffs, and all 4 of them are unresistable.

That is what you're seeing in the combat powers display.

Also, I believe that you'll reach your fly cap with out any +fly speed enhancements.

I know my level 28 Blaster is capped with no enhancements in the power.

And, the speed caps for all the modes of travel, except for Teleport, increase a little for each level gained.

So, level 1 characters fly a lot slower than level 50 characters just because the speed cap is lower for level 1s.

Lose the cape, it adds drag.

But seriously, if you took a fly power, either Flight's fly (not hover) or Mystic Flight, you will have exceeded your flight speed cap, even as Twisted said, having no IOs or even TOs in the power or swift. To raise your cap, you can take Afterburner.

This is why most people prefer to run and jump or teleport, because it's way WAY faster. Flying is just convenient and fun and requires less attention to bump into things.

One thing to note about the combat attributes for Fly Speed...it's mostly bugged. 

The Total Fly Speed is correct. The Base Fly Speed (21.48 mph) is correct. But all the number below that are wrong. They are using base movement speed (14.32 mph) instead of fly's base speed (21.48 mph). So if you multiple all those wrong numbers by 1.5x, then you will have the correct number for that effect.

But again, the total fly speed (the number above Base) is calculated correctly. So no worries there.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

11 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Actually to get to max flight speed with afterburner, you do need to put some slots and enhancements into it. With slotting you can get to 87 MPH which isn't bad really. (2 in fly, 2 in afterburner)

Or cycle between Steam Jump and Jump Pack to keep a permanent +300% strength to flying speed (costs 100k at P2W to own both). Then you can single slot Fly with a kb protection, single slot Afterburner with LotG, and still hit 87.95 mph cap.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 hours ago, Bopper said:

Or cycle between Steam Jump and Jump Pack to keep a permanent +300% strength to flying speed (costs 100k at P2W to own both). Then you can single slot Fly with a kb protection, single slot Afterburner with LotG, and still hit 87.95 mph cap.

Good information, but I'm far too lazy to want to avail myself of it. There's a reason I do fly in the first place.