I know it's July, but what year is this?

UltraAlt

wp_jul2008.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Honestly the personal timeline/time travel aspect of CoH for each character tends to make this question largely moot.

Some keep it somewhere between 2000-2012. Some treat it as modern day despite the retro look of the world.

The D is especially hard to keep straight when some RP it as being in Paragon, even though one look outside tells you its not anywhere near Earth.

Pocket D is a pocket dimension. It's wherever DJ Zero says it is.

What's funny is that calendar almost lines up to the current year but is off by one day. Ok, not really odd since the calendar does that every once in awhile. You will be able to reuse a 2020 calendar in 2048 , 2076 and 2116. For 2020 you can reuse a calendar from 1992, 1964, 1936, 1908, and 1896.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I missed those 1896 pin-up girls. Those ankles!

• Haha 5

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Just don't be jealous of my Kelly Kapowski calendar.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1 hour ago, Frostbiter said:

Pocket D is a pocket dimension. It's wherever DJ Zero says it is.

What's funny is that calendar almost lines up to the current year but is off by one day. Ok, not really odd since the calendar does that every once in awhile. You will be able to reuse a 2020 calendar in 2048 , 2076 and 2116. For 2020 you can reuse a calendar from 1992, 1964, 1936, 1908, and 1896.

It's as if you only need 7 calendars... 14 if you count leap years.   And if you're willing to start you Calendars on March 1 instead of Jan 1 (after leap day either happens or doesn't happen), you can go back to using 7.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Personally, I think the accuracy of the Roman Calendar is a little WONKY ( Get ready for all the Italians to LOSE THEIR MINDS ). When I was young there was always snow at the last couple football games of the high school season, which ended the beginning of November. It also virtually never snowed in May, let alone June. I think the calendar is off and it needs replaced by Marine's Calendar.

Months = 12

Days per Month = 30 ( 360 days to gradually back us slowly up to where the seasons match the date )

New Years Eve becomes it's own Month, "Inebriary" ( 1 Day )

Days per Week = 7

Work Days per Week = 3

Monday becomes Sunday 2 - (Son of Sunday: The Relaxation Continues...)

Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday - Work Days ( ugh... )

Friday becomes Saturday Lite - ( Great Taste, Less Filling )

Saturday is Perfect just the way it is.

Sunday gets a little do-over as to Bar Hours. ( From Dusk till Dawn, from Sea to shining...nevermind )

February finally gets to join the Month "big leagues", and those day hogs ( Jan, Mar, July, Aug, Oct and Dec, you know who you are ),

Get whittled down to size.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

43 minutes ago, Marine X said:

Personally, I think the accuracy of the Roman Calendar is a little WONKY ( Get ready for all the Italians to LOSE THEIR MINDS ). When I was young there was always snow at the last couple football games of the high school season, which ended the beginning of November. It also virtually never snowed in May, let alone June. I think the calendar is off and it needs replaced by Marine's Calendar.

Months = 12

Days per Month = 30 ( 360 days to gradually back us slowly up to where the seasons match the date )

New Years Eve becomes it's own Month, "Inebriary" ( 1 Day )

Days per Week = 7

Work Days per Week = 3

Monday becomes Sunday 2 - (Son of Sunday: The Relaxation Continues...)

Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday - Work Days ( ugh... )

Friday becomes Saturday Lite - ( Great Taste, Less Filling )

Saturday is Perfect just the way it is.

Sunday gets a little do-over as to Bar Hours. ( From Dusk till Dawn, from Sea to shining...nevermind )

February finally gets to join the Month "big leagues", and those day hogs ( Jan, Mar, July, Aug, Oct and Dec, you know who you are ),

Get whittled down to size.

If you went with 13 months with 28 days each, you'd be 1.25 days shorter than the current year cycle we have now.

then you could have Inebriary last more than 1 day.

And as a bonus, all the months can feel February's pain.

I also remember there actually being snow in the winter in Arkansas, as opposed to a slightly more damp month or three.

Don't think that actually has to do with the length of the month, or year though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Twisted Toon said:

If you went with 13 months with 28 days each, you'd be 1.25 days shorter than the current year cycle we have now.

then you could have Inebriary last more than 1 day.

Perhaps, but 28 Days of Inebriary might end up requiring Rehabtember to replace January.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

On 7/15/2020 at 10:34 AM, ImpousVileTerror said:

Your calendar picture says "2008."

*em dustoff*

. . . or do you mean "What year is the game presently set for terms of the narrative?"

Well, in that case, I forward you to:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1433-the-big-question-of-continuity/

yep. My point exactly.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.