Void Skiff

Glowman

Anyway we could change void skiff speed to match jet pack, then take off the part where you can't fight on it? Could even have to buy up hours like you do with a normal jet pack. It would be sick flying through the air on the void skiff (and other similar flight tools) while hurling fireballs and whatnot. As it is a) almost nobody uses it and b) we would have options other than jet pack for free flight.

I know I'm just dreaming, but it seemed cool to me. 😄

It's been requested many times, not just for Void Skiff, but also Rocket Board, etc. 

I think the problem with being able to fight on it is actually the problem with animations.  There are no animations to hurl fire while on your surfboard. Or to use Total Focus while on your skiff.  etc. They couldn't just do it for ranged powers.  EVERY POWER that you can use would need "this is how it looks on your vehicle" animation.  That's a significant amount of work.  Instead of doing that, the old NCSoft Devs just said "it detoggles everything and you can't attack".

Could the HC devs do something quick and clunky and dirty and have you do the regular animations even if they look WRONG?

Technically, yes.  Will they?  Your guess is as good as mine.  But personally, I doubt it. They seem to pride themselves on having a professional polish to what they release, and I respect that. 

If you could fight on the skiffs, rockets boards, etc, I would actually want them removed from the game and just make into alternate animations to Fly. 

I do not think you should have an infinite usable travel power that you can use in combat without spending a power selection on it.  But, that's me, and I am NOT a dev.

and no, honestly, I never liked that you could buy several hours of advance time for a raptor pack etc... if it was up to me, I'd let you top off the existing 1 hr of power, but I wouldn't let you have more than 1 hr of travel for any temp-power jetback.... but hey.  These are among the many many reasons why I am not a dev and will never be one.  I'm fine with looking at my customers and saying "I don't care what you want, it doesn't go with my vision for the game".

• Like 3

I would be happy if the Void Skiff / RocketBoard did NOT turn your toggles off. That is the number one reason why I have purchased one Void Skiff and one only. I only recently (after a year) purchased a Rocket Board on a character that did not have any toggles just to avoid that annoyance. 

• Like 3

What I think should be done with the Rocketboard, and others like it, would be to suppress the effects of the toggles, instead of just turning them off.

I can still see click powers being grey'd out.

How easy that is to accomplish, I don't know.

I'm fairy sure it is not high on the Dev's list of things to "fix".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Twisted Toon said:

What I think should be done with the Rocketboard, and others like it, would be to suppress the effects of the toggles, instead of just turning them off.

Oh, so much this! I have one toon who uses the Rocket Board as a quick way to detoggle, but it's a pain on literally every other character.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 7/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, Twisted Toon said:

I can still see click powers being grey'd out.

That would a perfect fix. Having to activate between 7-12 toggles every time is why I never bought any of those on live and just used them on the test server when I went there.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

3 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

That would a perfect fix. Having to activate between 7-12 toggles every time is why I never bought any of those on live and just used them on the test server when I went there.

2 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

I would yes vote a change to rocket void skiff board: suppression not detoggle.

That would be supercalafragalistic.

The mechanics are already in the game since Rest, mostly, does the same thing.

Although, I believe it will still allow PPF to function normally.

On 7/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, Twisted Toon said:

The mechanics are already in the game since Rest, mostly, does the same thing.

Although, I believe it will still allow PPF to function normally.

Rest and some other powers go to "only affecting self" I would say that would work for void skiff/rocket board also.  So armors/defenses would still be on and working but you couldn't do anything to affect other players/npcs/mobs.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:43 AM, Myrmidon said:

Yep.  I think even 2-3 toggles is too many.  I have the void skiff / rocket board / magic carpet on exactly ZERO characters even though I have several where they fit the background perfectly.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:27 PM, LiquidBandage said:

I would be happy if the Void Skiff / RocketBoard did NOT turn your toggles off.

+1

• Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum