So I rolled my first corruptor...

Nafsmar

... and would like some info please.

He is an Elec/Storm named Mr Breeze.

I am currently lvl 8 courtesy of the AP missions. Habashys line not DFB and I am enjoying him so far. I went corruptor because I am a blaster at heart and figured that would allow me to solo better than a defender. However that being said I plan on teaming a lot with this guy.

Ok onto the questions.

1. Should I proc out Gale or just put kd/kb and +rech in it.

2. Does Steamy mist and Sprint with +stealth give invisibility? To stealth missions I don't want to do fully.

3. I know procs don't work to well in the rains like Ice storm but is freezing rain different? Should it be procced out?

4. Is O2 boost necessary for a teaming corruptor? I will play this guy like a vigilante with good intentions but also a bit miffed at what happened to him to give him his powers that he never wanted.

5. Is Aim needed if I take Assault? 

6. Should I shoot for softcap def to either ranged or s/l or is recharge the way to build?

That's it for now but any further tips and advice is appreciated. Thank You.

1. You'll probably keep it to that just because you won't have slots

2. Yes

3. No

4. No, not at all.

5. Not sure how these are related. I usually skip Assault on corruptors.

6. Kinda both? Depends on how you want to play. If you team, you can lean more towards recharge. If you solo, more towards a defense. I usually cap defense and then build towards recharge. 

1. Most Corruptors don't use Gale to any meaningful extent. It's low accuracy, low damage, short-range and requires excess slotting to deal with the knockback. Hurricane covers virtually every use case for Gale a Corruptor might want. Controllers sometimes use it because it's an additional AE that can be proc'd out and they've got AE Immobilizes that shut down the KB.
  2. Steamy Mist + Super Speed + Celerity will give invisibility. Steamy Mist + Celerity just makes you mostly invisible. However, I'd caution you that Steamy Mist is a group buff and when you've got someone else in your group passing within its radius, the fact that they're not sneaking around will draw aggro onto you.
  3. No, Freezing Rain is not different.
  4. It's entirely up to you. Normally, I look at O2 Boost as an opportunity to slot healing sets. I'd absolutely take it on a Defender because it's the best option of the first three powers. As a Corruptor, you're forced to take Gale instead of O2 Boost so you need to purposefully choose it as a power.
  5. Aim (and other such damage boosts) are generally only useful for your ultimate. So it really depends on how much of a 'big boom' you want to make.
  6. With Electric/Storm, you'd almost certainly be looking to both build for recharge and soft-capped Ranged Defense.

I'm with Kiramon on O2 boost on a team of 8, you will rarely need to be "the healer" since most ATs can fend for themselves. It's a nice, power to have, though, if you're like me and sometimes run with just 2 or 3 other blokes (who idolise Leroy Jenkins)--then a heal comes in handy. Hijarki's answer for it is how I tend to look at it. Heal sets like Preventive Med, Miracle and Numina's have very nice set bonuses aside from their very popular procs. (If you stick Prev Med here, the absorb proc will still fire even when you don't click the power).

Excellent advice all. To answer your questions and some other thoughts

4 hours ago, Six Six said:

(If you stick Prev Med here, the absorb proc will still fire even when you don't click the power).

I did not know this. I thought it had to be in a passive(like Health) if you didn't use the power to make it proc. I will pick it up and only use it to try and prevent a teammate from dying I am a hero after-all.

9 hours ago, Hjarki said:
  1. However, I'd caution you that Steamy Mist is a group buff and when you've got someone else in your group passing within its radius, the fact that they're not sneaking around will draw aggro onto you.

I only want the invisibility when I am solo so this part doesn't concern me but thank you for noting it as I did not know that.

9 hours ago, kiramon said:

5. Not sure how these are related. I usually skip Assault on corruptors.

I generally use Aim on my blasters for the dam buff not the to-hit buff. So I figure instead of having a 30-40s buff with only a 10sec duration

I could have a constant 15%(per mids) instead. 

I have read that storm is rather end intensive and since I am used to having the blaster sustain power should I slot health with the Panacea(I do this on all alts), Numina and Miracle procs and Stamina with +end (again on all alts) and 1 end mod or 2?

9 hours ago, Hjarki said:
  1. Most Corruptors don't use Gale to any meaningful extent. It's low accuracy, low damage, short-range and requires excess slotting to deal with the knock back. Hurricane covers virtually every use case for Gale a Corruptor might want. Controllers sometimes use it because it's an additional AE that can be proc'd out and they've got AE Immobilizes that shut down the KB.

I was going to skip Hurricane as It seems to be a complete end hog and use Gale so I could stay at range but I see your point and it does also de-buff their to-hit something nasty. 

I may have to rethink this strategy.

For Hurricane Mids says repel : 1 (tgt) what does this mean? 

Is Thunder Clap needed? I was going to skip it as it is only mag 2 although Mids says that Tornado disorients as well. 

2 minutes ago, Nafsmar said:

I was going to skip Hurricane as It seems to be a complete end hog and use Gale so I could stay at range but I see your point and it does also de-buff their to-hit something nasty. 

For Hurricane Mids says repel : 1 (tgt) what does this mean? 

Is Thunder Clap needed? I was going to skip it as it is only mag 2 although Mids says that Tornado disorients as well. 

'Repel' is an effect that pushes enemies back. Think of it as having a constant movement vector away from the source of the Repel. Hurricane's Repel isn't very strong, so it mainly affects minions at higher levels.

To add to @Hjarkipost I believe the notation on Repel is endurance cost.  More targets effected more endurance the power costs to use/maintain.

Unless you have other powers whose primary effect is a stun, I'd probably skip it.  I don't believe your primary does.  I tend to like stacking Thunder Clap with things like Stalagmites or Flashfire (Controller stun powers).  Tornado is not truly a stun power ... it's a damage power first and foremost

Hurricane will get in the way of using Short Circuit, a PBAoE.  Short Circuit is a potent end drain and recovery debuff.  So yes ideally you need to decide melee or range (or both) is where you'll be doing things.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Added comments

There is some misinformation in this thread.

1. Put a kb>kd io in gale. Some people love it. If you goal is to stay at range this can help a lot.

2. Yes, steamy+stealth IO will put you at the stealth cap for corrs. Which is to say, invisible to everything that doesnt have perception or other means of detecting you. It will let you ghost just about all content.

3. Focus on recharge and getting the end cost of freezing rain  under control. If you had a spare slot then achilies isnt the worst seeing as you have nowhere else go put it.

4. No one will expect you to heal them. You are usually better off actively helping.

5. I dunno, assault cost a fair amount and storm is a massive endurance consumer. Aim is really good with a gaussian proc in it. Very nice upfront damage boost.

6. Ranged def is better if you want to stay back. s/l def is easier to push high via scorp shield and is still quite good. If you become a hurricane user then mez protection is most important.

7. hurricane costs what is costs regardless of enemy count. The repel affects everything lower than an EB (though I think some EBs get pushed). The repel is not so strong (it was reduced quite a bit back in the day) that bosses will always be prevented from walking up to you and punching you in the face. Slows and the knockdown of freezing rain help prevent that as well. 

@FrosticusThank you for the correction and information on the Repel effect in Hurricane.  Despite all my /Storm levels I don't use Hurricane often.  Thinking I confused it with the Kinetics power Repel whose cost (last I knew) does cost more per foe effected.   It does leave me wondering what the OPs repel: 1 (tgt) in Mids' is about though?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

It does leave me wondering what the OPs repel: 1 (tgt) in Mids' is about though?

It's the magnitude of the repel. There are very few powers in the game that actually use the repel status effect (Kinetics/Repel is not one of them). The only ones I can think of are Hurricane and Telekinesis.

22 hours ago, Nafsmar said:

Do not skip Hurricane. The end use is very manageable, particularly since you won't be running it all the time. On indoor maps it's possible to neuter entire spawns by using Hurricane to herd them into a corner and keeping them debuffed.  This takes practice, as the mobs will not be happy with you.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Once again thank you all for the advice. I have decided to take Hurricane and I will also use Gale as it goes well with my name and theme. I haven't been able to play much but tonite I hope to do a posi 1 or 2 to see how I like teaming with this character. I am confused as to whether or not to slot a kb/kd in Hurricane though. Does the knockdown negate the repel? Or is that not how it works in hurricane when slotted?

1 hour ago, Nafsmar said:

Once again thank you all for the advice. I have decided to take Hurricane and I will also use Gale as it goes well with my name and theme. I haven't been able to play much but tonite I hope to do a posi 1 or 2 to see how I like teaming with this character. I am confused as to whether or not to slot a kb/kd in Hurricane though. Does the knockdown negate the repel? Or is that not how it works in hurricane when slotted?

Hurricane does both KB and repel. Only the KB is negated by the IO. Try playing it and decide whether you want to slot it. I would put KB>KD in Tornado and possibly Lightning Storm.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Uun said:

It's the magnitude of the repel. There are very few powers in the game that actually use the repel status effect (Kinetics/Repel is not one of them). The only ones I can think of are Hurricane and Telekinesis.

Okay, but what's the "(tgt)" indicating?

Really sucks to neither be able to get in game or look at Mids' when things like this pop up

And oh wow, at least per the Wiki you are correct Repel does KB.  It's what I get for relying on 9 odd year old memories since I used/had that particular power.

Edited by Doomguide2005

15 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Really sucks to neither be able to get in game or look at Mids' when things like this pop up

Like when all you really want to do is jump in game and play and your wife/girlfriend has other ideas and they’re not the fun kind of ideas you really want to do with them.

19 hours ago, Uun said:

Don't forget Force BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!! 

6 minutes ago, Nafsmar said:

Like when all you really want to do is jump in game and play and your wife/girlfriend has other ideas and they’re not the fun kind of ideas you really want to do with them.

Lolololol yeah been there too, but this time it's dead computer only a phone for internet situation.