Where does Firey Melee stand on the single target damage ranking?

Silverado

I would put it mid to upper level ranking. With procs and incarnates it holds it own well. 

It seems to have slight pauses or rooting inbetween attack(s), Greater Fire sword, for example, that subjectivly hinder the "flow" of the attack chain if you will. And for that reason I dislike GFS.

But the first two or three attacks with Fire Sword Circle in the mix is fun and will keep the orange numbers floating up and up!

Thanks,

SB 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
12 hours ago, Heliodorus said:

No one should take Greater Fire Sword. That ability have bad DPA, same thing with the ice version. Incinerate is the real deal--very strong ST, but DoT though. 😕

About that... In Mids with Arcanatime on, and Max damage selected (meaning all DoT ticks go off:)

GFS is at the top.

image.png.715e982238a8e673c1e52296648d8e21.png

With Average Damage selected, it falls to #3

image.png.4ad666fa9da59cebd87389695198ffb4.png

And with Extra Damage Ignored, GFS is STILL number 3:

image.png.c1d06de1b99556e62c74b14089f99664.png

May not be true for other ATs as I didn't check, but for a brute? Yea, I'd be attempting to go cranked recharge and shooting for the Incinerate, Cremate, GFS, repeat attack chain.

Disclaimer: Mids numbers may or may not be accurate.

I think numerically gfs is pretty strong, far better than the ice version. I just don't get on with its animation, far too ponderous and I feel it breaks the flow of the set. I take an inferior attack chain to have a smoother one on my fire melee (but it is a scrapper in case there are numerical differences).

• Like 2

With enough recharge, you really don't need GFS in an attack chain, it's really slow. Also, for some reason, it converts most damage to Lethal, not fire.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of slamming on an enemy with a fire sword, but I'll pass.

Oh by the way, a lot of numbers in mids are wrong.

Edited by Heliodorus

I'd like to like Fire Melee on my Fire Armor tank. But A) Combustion does not compare to Spin (like lol), B) What is Fire Breath even doing in existence? Does anyone even use this? It's from a range set and not even the hop tactic makes its use palatable. Why isn't Greater Fire Circle in its place instead of 28? and C) it is in no way or shape an interesting set. No CC, no place to slot a FF proc without dipping into pools, lengthy animations, DoT attacks. Seriously, it seems to be fully accounted around the fact it is 'meant' to be played with Fire Armor in order to get Fiery Embrace boosting it.

Which is its problem at the core. Since FE will boost it it cannot have speedy animations and 'good' attacks because FE will propel them. So like Psi Melee gets lower damage because Insight is not free damage but rather an equalizer, Fire Melee suffers from that FE tax.

• Like 1

I use this ranking to have an idea : the source is quite old but from my 123 lvl 50, i almost never feel this spreadsheet too much inaccurate.

Well, as all therycrafting, IG testing HAVE to be done 🙂

dpsbruteranking.PNG.00799e83430c5bfaafcb40aa9692517c.PNG

Just consider that the maths was done with all powers hitting at max of their number of target so :

- Katana's golden dragonfly break the numbers (when you hit 3 targets with GD, you can be consider lucky or godlike skilled :p)

- same for the awfull breath of fire of fiery mélée.

All dpa of powers with dot are calculated with arcanatime AND max damage but NO special mechanics applied as rage² for Super strenght, soul drain on x targets and so on

About Fiery mélée on Brute, a serious brute should test if Fury apply well his bonus on EVERY dots too 😉

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19VuZ9zJ_8eKN11JytgaK9mt9Fy-8pjANopb-FGh68Uw/edit#gid=1234397629

Edited by Tsuko

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N