Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

I think the devs made a mistake by choosing terminology that can be ambiguous. To clarify, the AT itself is called "Arachnos Widow" regardless of powersets (and I think that's what this theme is for). A Fortunata will always be a Widow, simply due to the name of the AT. The other terms Blood Widow, (sub-L24) and then Night Widow or Fortunata are how the powersets are identified, so those are build-identifiers, not archetype. Too much ambiguity for my taste! And don't even get me started on the whole "Soldiers of Arachnos" term, vs. "Arachnos Soldier", etc. Because Widows are also Soldiers of Arachnos! But "Arachnos Soldier" is a specific archetype different from Arachnos Widow. UGH! 🥲

@TrixieKixx, I'll bring Forever Midnight - Night Widow, who is neither a Warrior Princess nor Alpha Struck yet but needs to be!

Thank you for this Midnyte! I knew I was messing up the terminology, but was being too lazy to look it up. 😅 I agree that it's too ambiguous. I wasn't sure if this theme was the Widow AT or the Widow spec and I totally phrased my question poorly. >_< I appreciate your clarification. ❤️

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Not gonna be there next weekend.

Although it would have been the perfect opportunity to finally get a Widow to 50 for this.

Have fun and good hunting!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 6/29/2024 at 7:48 PM, Midnyte said:

Positron 1 and Positron 2 TFs - Martial Arts powersets and costumes

Saturday, June 29, 2024

We had a small group of 5 sign ups, and then @Lividus & 2 more recruited.

The whole group stayed for both parts of the Posi TFs.

KZhUUFl.jpg

YjwwA8l.jpg

Love the Bios! 

That one was great fun, I am very fond of Martial Arts powerset! Such killer animations! And I really enjoy my newbie Li-Chun with her Super Reflexes, a combo I hadn't tried yet. 

• Like 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 7/2/2024 at 12:19 AM, TrixieKixx said:

Hey @Burnt Umber 

Can you lead this one for me? I won't be able to make it as we have last-minute plans to go out of town.

Thanks!

BTW, this is the look Evil Goddess was going to rock.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 152057.png

Looks sufficiently evil, I would say 🙂 

• Thanks 1

I won't be there today. I have not had any free time to play and level a character. Have fun today.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Posted (edited)

Apex/Tin Mage TFs - Horror Movie Creature costumes - All Widows

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Ultimately successful event, after a bit of shuffling, that is. 🙂 

UKkbIr4.jpg

Two couldn't make it, but Jax stepped in, and Umber was able to recruit a widow, so we went in with five!
OIJyc9o.jpg

The lovely Nox Atrissima by @Burnt Umber
gqEOMcT.jpg

The ravishing Fortunata Non Grata by @Glacier Peak
0djn8L7.jpg

The gorgeous Widow Jax by @Jaxman100
opW1p85.jpg

Forever Midnight, by @Midnyte, came in her contest winning vampire costume...

cRVjKSS.jpg

.... but then also found a brain-head costume in her bag of tricks!
jI6amXh.jpg

Widows' Peak (forgot to get global name) didn't have a Horror Movie Creature costume but was recruited at the last minute to round out the team a bit!
EaXDZmf.jpg

I wouldn't want to turn a corner and run into these guys!
s4snJWj.jpg

ZT0NQ4f.jpg

And so our Master of Apex run begins. It was fairly effortless. 😄 
XarvBgf.jpg

8rdz9II.jpg

This was looking to be my first Battle Maiden fight without dying, but then in this split second I was not paying attention 😮 Note to self...
thPxVtI.jpg

xlQFDpv.jpg

1TvS9n0.jpg

At Tin Mage Mark II's request, Jax added Jax Constantine to the roster
NOXMDcC.jpg

And much fun was had by all
VI7EEtH.jpg

16wqkTt.jpg

iqdEmyq.jpg

Glacier was able to distract Bobcat while we focused on her boyfriend's clones 😄 Got Army of Neu badge easily. And then Kitty's Got Claws was a piece of cake.
MGfTpOk.jpg

Zr5s0L9.jpg

H5877mY.jpg

~ The End ~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2024 at 1:09 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Our themes for July so you can get ready in advance! I hope you enjoy 🙂 

7/6 - Apex / Tin Mage (Level 50 - Purple - RWZ) - All Widow Team / Horror Movie Creature (how scary!) costumes

7/13 - Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) - Any AT / How close can you get to the costumes of our enemies? (Circle of ThornsNemesisSoldiers of Rularuu) Let's infiltrate!!

7/20 - Imperious (Level 35-50 - Purple - Cimerora) - "Under the Sea" One power needs to be Water-themed / Fish costumes

7/27 - Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) - Any AT / Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes

Thanks for these July themes! I'm already planning my Rocky Horror costume... as Columbia! ♪♫ Toucha toucha toucha toucha me! ♫♪ 😅
Also, in anticipation of you returning from your trip and posting the Sara Moore sign-up sheet, I'll be bringing Midnyte - Dark Melee/Willpower Brute

I've only done this TF one other time, also with the Theme Team, so I'm looking forward to something different. I'm guessing it would be cheating to use a costume power here 😂 so I am planning to make one but haven't decided which faction to use yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Also, in anticipation of you returning from your trip and posting the Sara Moore sign-up sheet, I'll be bringing Midnyte - Dark Melee/Willpower Brute

I've only done this TF one other time, also with the Theme Team, so I'm looking forward to something different. I'm guessing it would be cheating to use a costume power here 😂 so I am planning to make one but haven't decided which faction to use yet. 

I'll see what costume I can make for Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL, maybe a Rule 63 CoT Mage or Rularuu Wisp.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2024 at 8:26 PM, TrixieKixx said:

7/13 - Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) - Any AT / How close can you get to the costumes of our enemies? (Circle of ThornsNemesisSoldiers of Rularuu) Let's infiltrate!!

Hi @TrixieKixx, I plan to bring Smiley Goblin, disguising his wicked little self in shiny Nemesis uniform.

P.S.: I would REALLY like to get my hands on some original costume parts from these buggers in the CC!

EDIT: Smiley is Beam Rifle / Traps Corruptor, for the record...

Edited by Bananiac
Added AT description
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2024 at 2:26 PM, TrixieKixx said:

I hope to bring a Paragon Protector (Atomi - Grav./Rad. Controller).

On 7/6/2024 at 1:07 PM, Midnyte said:

Apex/Tin Mage TFs - Horror Movie Creature costumes - All Widows

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Ultimately successful event, after a bit of shuffling, that is. 🙂 

I was really surprised that I managed to pull Neuron without attracting Bobcat and co., so Glacier didn't even need to distract her. And, thanks all for settling for my leadership through this one. It was a bunch of fun and seemed to go very smoothly despite one or two hiccups.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard from Trixie's husband today who informed me she is in the hospital, but doing fine! So without further ado, here is this week's sign-up sheet:

7/6 - Apex / Tin Mage (Level 50 - Purple - RWZ) - All Widow Team / Horror Movie Creature (how scary!) costumes

7/13 - Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) - Any AT / How close can you get to the costumes of our enemies? (Circle of Thorns, Nemesis, Soldiers of Rularuu) Let's infiltrate!!

7/20 - Imperious (Level 35-50 - Purple - Cimerora) - "Under the Sea" One power needs to be Water-themed / Fish costumes

7/27 - Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) - Any AT / Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes

1. @Midnyte: Midnyte - Dark Melee/Willpower Brute (Rularuu Honored Brute disguise)

2. @FrauleinMental: Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller (CoT Madness Mage disguise)

3. @Bananiac: Smiley Goblin - Beam Rifle / Traps Corruptor (maybe Nemesis disguise)

4. @Burnt Umber: Atomi - Gravity/Rad Controller (maybe Paragon Protector disguise)

5. @drdread: GamePlan - Kin / AR Defender (Nemesis hussy hussar disguise)

6. @TygerDarkstorm: Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Dev Blaster (Nemesis disguise)

7. @Princess Cecilia: Offbeat - Mind/Kin Controller (CoT disguise)

8. @Jaxman100: Acolyte of Talos - Storm Blast/Elec Armor Sentinel (disguise TBD)

Edited by Midnyte
  • Sad 3

So sorry to hear about Trix, but it's good to hear she's okay!

I think I'm doing a play on a CoT Madness Mage.  I didn't care for the Wisp conversion, but I haven't tried that hard. 🙂  I've got a "final form" costume that leans into the Storm Elemental aesthetic, but that's the Lanaruu faction that appears only in later Shard TFs.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/11/2024 at 6:27 PM, Midnyte said:

7/13 - Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) - Any AT / How close can you get to the costumes of our enemies? (Circle of Thorns, Nemesis, Soldiers of Rularuu) Let's infiltrate!!

I'd like to join. I'll be on as GamePlan (Kin / AR Def) dressed as a Nemesis hussy hussar!

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2024 at 4:27 PM, Midnyte said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that about Trixie. 😞 I'm glad she's okay and hope she gets well.

For this one, I'll be there on Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Dev Blaster pretending to be Nemesis.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/11/2024 at 8:21 PM, FrauleinMental said:

So sorry to hear about Trix, but it's good to hear she's okay!

I think I'm doing a play on a CoT Madness Mage.  I didn't care for the Wisp conversion, but I haven't tried that hard. 🙂  I've got a "final form" costume that leans into the Storm Elemental aesthetic, but that's the Lanaruu faction that appears only in later Shard TFs.

For our purposes of infiltration, I know the Lanaruu disguise would work fine, as none of them will blink an eye to see the more advanced factions helping out with Sara's task. Really curious how you'd pull that off though, the storm elements! 😄 Looking forward to seeing your Madness Mage, nonetheless!

Sara Moore TF - Any AT - Enemy costumes

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Great turnout today for this rarely-run task force! And the creativity that went into the costumes was superb.

a1394ue.jpg

cyJqigB.jpg

@Midnyte, brute, disguised as an Honored Brute of the Rularuu
TGtMPsy.jpg

@FrauleinMental, controller, disguised ultimately as Circle of Thorns Mage but showed us a Rularuu Wisp attempt! Looks pretty good!
0ttuqFB.jpg

@drdread, as Gameplan, defender, disguised as a Nemesis soldier
OjCJ361.jpg

@TygerDarkstorm, as Ruff Ruff Boom, blaster, disguised as a Nemesis soldier
rGnnn1Z.jpg

@Jaxman100 brought Acolyte of Talos, sentinel, disguised as Circle of Thorns
qqeKqXy.jpg

@BurntUmber brought Atomi Hiroe, controller, disguised as a Paragon Protector
5O1lwYJ.jpg

@Bananiac brought Smiley Goblin, wee corruptor, disguised as a Nemesis soldier
km1yGbV.jpg

@Princess Cecilia brought Offbeat, controller, disguised as Circle of Thorns
RzuF4Nv.jpg

CTF7zKd.jpg

I'm pretty sure this type of behavior from Gameplan is not what Sara intended 😮 
WYfGMvD.jpg

CnIsqEP.jpg

Gather 'round, boys!
JeZM0PS.jpg

Beware the flip-flopping Warhulks!
u4doHk6.jpg

drdread's red aura was so perfect to look like perma-vengeance!
O4KZj90.jpg

76zJfW5.jpg

rWcPOcf.jpg

Clumsy oaf! I wasn't so nimble in this get-up 😆 Thankfully, Jax teleported me out!
e2g8Qv9.jpg

02bblOY.jpg

We can always trust the cunning wee goblin to spot the book we needed!
OOmTwf2.jpg

"But don't you see that I am one of you!"
5B3o9Em.jpg

MLEuiX8.jpg

fRU6rNM.jpg

Zone hunts were easy

cyDrApA.jpg

eacx08L.jpg

Fraulein goes vorpal at the sight of Ruladak the Strong
LP0QPx1.jpg

7jl0QNU.jpg

5nSocTr.jpg

urhLaYz.jpg

yep3DWD.jpeg

~ The End ~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In case Trixie hasn't fully refilled her green bar yet, here is the sign-up sheet for the ITF next week:

1. @Midnyte: Wavemender - Water/Pain Corruptor

2. @BurntUmber: C. Abyssus - Water/Sonic Corruptor
3. @FrauleinMentalWake Monster - Water/Kin Corruptor
4. @Bananiac: Tainted Waterlily, Poison/Water Defender

Edited by Midnyte