Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 3:30 PM, TrixieKixx said:

5/11 – Woodsman (Level 39-41 – Blue Side: Eden) – Any AT / Barbarian Costumes

Fun theme! I've made a few barbarians over the years. Maybe I'll bring Conan's gf, Valeria the Brave. Save me a spot, will update here soon.

Sat morning edit: @TrixieKixx: Valeria isn't quite 39 yet, so I'll bring a lvl 41 barbarian instead - Wylde Lotus - Katana/SR Scrapper

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2024 at 9:30 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Feel My Steel! Behold the courageous Scarlet Sonja, wielding her mighty double-handed Axe "Orc-Wallopper", protected by the blessings of the Lords of Ice and Snow!

(TW / Ice Armor Brute, for the record). 

And I just now decided to make this part of her bio...

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 5/5/2024 at 6:42 PM, Bananiac said:

Feel My Steel! Behold the courageous Scarlet Sonja, wielding her mighty double-handed Axe "Orc-Wallopper", protected by the blessings of the Lords of Ice and Snow!

(TW / Ice Armor Brute, for the record). 

And I just now decided to make this part of her bio...

Love this so much, can't wait to meet her with her mighty frosted axe 😄 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2024 at 8:57 PM, Midnyte said:

LRSF pics here tonight tomorrow! 🙂

It's been a long, fun day. I'm tired. Bed is calling. ZZZzzzzzzz

@Midnyte: still need my pic fix... How is it going with that? 😉 🙏

• Haha 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 5/8/2024 at 6:29 AM, Bananiac said:

@Midnyte: still need my pic fix... How is it going with that? 😉 🙏

I love it so much that you are following up on this. Thanks! I've been having an amazingly wonderfully productive week, but I had to put gaming tasks aside temporarily to deal with some stuff. The funny thing is.... I was on the ball Saturday and actually got them all edited, just haven't had time to upload and make the post. 🙂 maybe tonight 

• Like 2

We can make it to Eden!

I would like to bring Sequestered, my Willpower/Super Strength tanker.

Cece wants to bring Catanya Green.  She is a Gravity/Radiation controller.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:57 PM, Midnyte said:

Still haven't figured out what made these effects
mlxMh1U.jpg

I think those are the special effects of the Overwhelming Force Damage/KB>KD Proc?  If I remember right, it has some special visual effect to go off randomly. I think it's fireworks?

13 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

I think those are the special effects of the Overwhelming Force Damage/KB>KD Proc?  If I remember right, it has some special visual effect to go off randomly. I think it's fireworks?

I don't think I've ever known about a visual effect for that proc! I have it slotted on a few toons so I'll make a point next time to notice. I prefer the permanent kb>kd of the Sudden Acceleration set, but some toons have the whole Overwhelming  Force 6-slotted.

What I see in that picture is an animal print and blood droplets, like possibly from bloodlust. My first thought was that you or Jax were using savage melee near me, as the 3 of us were fighting that titan, but that wasn't it either. 

30 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

What I see in that picture is an animal print and blood droplets, like possibly from bloodlust. My first thought was that you or Jax were using savage melee near me, as the 3 of us were fighting that titan, but that wasn't it either. 

Oh, you mean that effect!  I have no idea. I was using soul-noir themed Dark Miasma so maybe from petrifying gaze?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Woodsman TF - Barbarian costumes

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Note: I had some technical difficulties today with my UI settings, and was trying to fix them as we played. So I got some crazy shots. Last week after our event, I noticed my character's settings were off, which I forgot about until we started playing today. I attempted to turn them back on, mid-TF, but wound up turning on "enemy names" and all kinds of other "name" clutter! It was actually pretty cool for me to play that way, with all enemy names "always showing" instead of only on hover-over or select. But it was also distracting and hard to see what I was trying to see. So yeah, I was kind of preoccupied with trying to fix my settings while being completely enthralled with the incredibly beautiful and unique map, not to mention actually trying to beat up the walking plants! So all in all, I got more than usual sweeping landscape shots w/out the UI in the way, and the usual closeup action shots of combat w/player names for identification. I have a key bound as a toggle for the screenshot UI, but there were times when it was off or on, unintentionally. LOL, so this was really enjoyable to compile this collection for you this week. Hope you enjoy!

FlefORd.jpg

atYETBV.jpg

Ima Wallflower, controller by @TrixieKixx
IGVS7qj.jpg

Catanya Green, controller by @Princess Cecilia
RBHJ3AV.jpg

@Milrop presented his Conan-style tanker with Sequestered
FlQ02LG.jpg

Hiemps, blaster by @Burnt Umber
TBTcr5G.jpg

@Jaxman100 brought stalker, Elder Millennial
xjv2alp.jpg

Scarlet Sonya, brute by @Bananiac
Y8DY0I2.jpg

Wylde Lotus, scrapper by @Midnyte
jR1emGC.jpg

2Hfk021.jpg

8KqQCcO.jpg

Evidently barbarians do fancy push-ups for pre-combat warmup!
8Tr3vFZ.jpg

KCurfit.jpg

SFHxkHu.jpg

4kgXo3B.jpg

kwjboAw.jpg

Gb5WlU3.jpg

HpHINfk.jpg

wefNcxK.jpg

WFgeMbB.jpg

lwAIArk.jpg

8uQAQdK.jpg

iubSF2T.jpg

iKKpq3S.jpg

7P5ggEr.jpg

dewkxV2.jpg

DqvOQmV.jpg

1RvUlAc.jpg

kVUTCup.jpg

IYQusPv.jpg

7qHqTdl.jpg

Eg0oZFK.jpg

5IJQQ31.jpg

JI8TUdV.jpg

TVIlmht.jpg

7ovByAj.jpg

3WzAviP.jpg

CfDRgQ1.jpg

DxYci2O.jpg

bd6fcS8.jpg

oYr5fGR.jpg

2tXhgQL.jpg

SctNl9n.jpg

o9hetQb.jpg

Geg6HtQ.jpg

5taHAN4.jpg

3Hl3gGr.jpg

aDeCoYs.jpg

gwnGBu7.jpg

eBGzSM2.jpg

AT4icDa.jpg

HuL1xXn.jpg

m1sVTDE.jpg

SLl7isI.jpg

sTKVZRg.jpg

UXOxL34.jpg

80BFdnC.jpg

HFlYMNc.jpg

~ The End ~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Theme Team meets at noon EST every Saturday. Please let us know if you sign up and can't make it! If you tag me in your post, I'll see it.

5/4 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 - Red Side: Grandville) – Black as Night - Dark Powered AT's only (just one powerset needs to be Dark...can include Necromancy) / Costumes to match

5/18 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50 - Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Any AT / All Sybil Costumes

5/25 –  Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) - All Blaster Team / Military Costumes

@TrixieKixx Ima Wallflower - Plant/Nature Controller

@Burnt Umber Horrere - Sonic/Cold Corr.

@FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL

@Bananiac Thorn Priestess - Spines/Fiery Aura Scrapperette

@Midnyte Coconut Patty - Broad Sword/Inv Brute

@Jaxman100 Key of Night - Symphony/Darkness Affinity Controller

@Taurus Maximus Domina Hypnotica - Mind Control/Psionic Assault Dominator

Pooka Pete - Storm Summoning/Ice Blast Defender

Edited by TrixieKixx

1 hour ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hey Team! Don't forget that we fight Hami in this TF! Make sure to bring some EoE's or have them ready to grab before we enter this mission in the task force.

@Burnt Umber @FrauleinMental @Bananiac

@TrixieKixx in the last page update, Hamidon damage in the LGTF changed to Toxic. It no longer requires EoEs. Only the zone version of Hamidon requires EoEs.

Mission 4

Weakened Hamidon, Mitochondria Electrolyte, and Mitochondria Antibody attacks changed from Special to Toxic damage.

• Thanks 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The Theme Team meets at noon EST every Saturday. Please let us know if you sign up and can't make it! If you tag me in your post, I'll see it.

5/4 – Lord Recluse (Level 45-50 - Red Side: Grandville) – Black as Night - Dark Powered AT's only (just one powerset needs to be Dark...can include Necromancy) / Costumes to match

5/18 – Lady Grey (Level 45-50 - Purple: Rikti War Zone) – Any AT / All Sybil Costumes

5/25 –  Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) - All Blaster Team / Military Costumes

@TrixieKixx TBD

@Burnt Umber Hiemps - Storm/Ice Blaster

@ZamuelNow  Ebony Gyro - Elec/Elec Blaster

Edited by TrixieKixx

Hello Theme Team! Here are our themes for June! I want to give you time to prepare in case you have nothing that meets the theme.

6/1 – Moonfire (Level 23-28 - Blue Side: Striga Isle) – Wolf or Vampire Costumes - Any AT with Claws or Psionic as one of your powers!

6/8 – Dr. Aeon (Level 35-50 - Red Side: Cap au Diable-Normal Mode) –  One AT of each type (first come, first served) - All Gold Costumes

6/15 – Barracuda (Level 45-50 - Red Side - Grandville) – All Controller or Dominator Team / Clown Costumes

6/22 – Tree of Thorns Respec #3 (Level 44-50 – Red Side: Nerva Archipelago) – Any AT / Game of Thrones costumes

6/29 – Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side: Steel Canyon) – Any AT with Martial Arts as one of the powers / Martial Arts costumes

For your information, we have never done Dr. Aeon with the Theme Team. If you think it's too long, we can go with Numina instead. The other option is Katie Hannon; however, we did her TF the last time this grouping came up.

Edited by TrixieKixx

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I'll try to bring Hiemps - Strom/Ice Blaster.

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

6/1 – Moonfire (Level 23-28 - Blue Side: Striga Isle) – Wolf or Vampire Costumes - Any AT with Claws or Psionic as one of your powers!

6/8 – Dr. Aeon (Level 35-50 - Red Side: Cap au Diable-Normal Mode) –  One AT of each type (first come, first served) - All Gold Costumes

6/15 – Barracuda (Level 45-50 - Red Side - Grandville) – All Controller or Dominator Team / Clown Costumes

6/22 – Tree of Thorns Respec #3 (Level 44-50 – Red Side: Nerva Archipelago) – Any AT / Game of Thrones costumes

6/29 – Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side: Steel Canyon) – Any AT with Martial Arts as one of the powers / Martial Arts costumes

These look great!  We did Aeon a while back as part of the SWS Rich ran, so I think we should be fine doing Aeon for Theme Team.  There are definitely parts that can be cut to make it a less long task, but that's only if everyone is okay with that.  Mission 5 is the part that really adds a lot of time so the best way (I think) is to cut out the Ripple fights, and possibly, to ghost up to them and after.  The rest of the strike force is no worse than running Synapse or Citadel time-wise.

• Thanks 1