Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

39 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

Pics from animal-themed Manticore

Saturday, 8/29/2020

Note to self: the next time we do a costume theme, I'm going to make a point to get close-up shots of everyone's creativity. Because zooming in and cropping is just so low res that I don't have any good shots of the great costumes. 😞 

1150168090_20200829manticore0.JPG.a46113d4bdffbb0a2dd940c6a580be9f.JPG

1148057474_20200829manticore1.JPG.a42ab7b7df5787fdffc1a1505abcd05b.JPG

781672943_20200829manticore3.JPG.25417f301bf76d798b82e6cb2181ea83.JPG

2028819907_20200829manticore4.thumb.JPG.3e7a0f3052a715e83b71be7a804c60bd.JPG

28600079_20200829manticore5.JPG.1a9653a83440a2c64fa0be926242d2ac.JPG

1823229782_20200829manticoretoxic.JPG.c15597d761368981bf2b351ee4eafa03.JPG     69266249_20200829manticoretimberwolf.JPG.ca5c74dcfc1f9083ea7c95cebfad5f7f.JPG   

992095681_20200829manticoremanorca.JPG.9cc506272e6a4928cdefba72f47f40ef.JPG   771680275_20200829manticorekitty.JPG.f3406e0db24af5a530c6ce18b4dd8dd4.JPG

1799847971_20200829manticorecats.JPG.434879022f5719e93e4bad004bf08721.JPG

491847485_20200829manticore8.thumb.JPG.eec361921fd05e85ddd83bc7d06febc6.JPG

1295295403_20200829manticore6.thumb.JPG.c00de27ea03606036de143c15907586f.JPG

930363977_20200829manticore7.thumb.JPG.c166e83a2b0936139b34a70ba47ff395.JPG

9746401_20200829manticore9.JPG.30834e9bbbd891fc0ee70f5022ea04f1.JPG

Great sceenshots as always. We should take self portraits and post them as well as pose for them. I'm always ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For the all MM I have an /merc/emp and a beast/kin...but they are both just common IOs no fancy set stuff...and I am super rusty on them cuz its been um...november or december since I played them lol.  I have a bots/traps but not sure her lvl lol

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

For September 12th, I am thinking all mastermind Numina. Alternatively, an all mastermind Ice Mistral. I think, however, the final mission on Ice Mistral would be super rough for an all MM team. An all MM Numina would be a better challenge.

Hrm...I do not have an MM. I guess I better start researching and make one 😄 I hope they are not as hard to play as they look. I see Numina is levels 35-40, as is Ice Mistral. Good thing I have next week off as a staycation 🙂 I can take some time and learn how to play one. Does anyone have a recommended build or favorite set?

• Like 3

Ranged minions are usually easier as they don't run in and die as much.  Bots and Thugs. The second level Bot minions shield each other, the other bots(twice) and you.  Cold/FF/Traps are the easier secondaries that give a bunch of defense to minions, plus the unique pet IOs for bonuses help keep them alive.  Leadership pool can help with accuracy and defense too. 

If you keep them on follow and defensive stance, they will attack back what you agro.   Once they get 'survivable' there's less to do as you are not constantly summoning.  If your pets are in the defensive stance and close to you, dame you take is shared with them(body guard mechanic) so you can debuff/pull mobs without telling them to attack.   You can summon all pets now, then use the upgrade powers once each and all pets get their extra powers. 

I'm sure Thermal/Sonic/Dark/Rad/etc. can all be good secondaries.  I don't have much experience with other primaries, besides Mercs.  They have low damage IMO.  

If I am around I will probably bring my Pirate Zombie Captain Jax (Necro/Dark).  Wonder how ugly that build is......

Depending on how things shake out, we can PL people a few levels before/after Saturday's run or Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have four MMs currently. Three are in range already. The fourth is 10 levels off. They are mercs/pain, bots/force fields, demons/dark, and thugs/kin.

Numina and Ice Menstrual are both good TFs for all MMs, level-wise. You get the second upgrade power at 32. For that matter, Manticore and Renault would also fit the bill. Renault maxes out at 30, but you'd still have the power because of the +5.

• Like 3

I'm over on Everlasting, but these sound like such fun! Tempting to roll some toons over on Indom to join these, but I'd hate to step on the toes of the group you guys already have going. 🙂

• Like 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

@TygerDarkstorm, hey there! We have been ending up with 7-person teams each week, and no one answers the call when I throw it out in the LFG channel to fill the last spot.

You are more than welcome to join us. We're very casual. No speedy TFs here. Sometimes we'll take a few minutes between missions to go train up or refill our glasses.

Come on over!

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 5:34 PM, TraumaTrain said:

For September 12th, I am thinking all mastermind Numina. Alternatively, an all mastermind Ice Mistral. I think, however, the final mission on Ice Mistral would be super rough for an all MM team. An all MM Numina would be a better challenge.

I have a Bots/FF MM named "Frontline Assembly" ready to join, Tier 3'd and fully slotted 😄

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

@TygerDarkstorm, hey there! We have been ending up with 7-person teams each week, and no one answers the call when I throw it out in the LFG channel to fill the last spot.

You are more than welcome to join us. We're very casual. No speedy TFs here. Sometimes we'll take a few minutes between missions to go train up or refill our glasses.

Come on over!

😄 Sounds like I'll be rolling a new MM over on Indom and grinding up to Numina levels.

• Like 2

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

22 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

Ranged minions are usually easier as they don't run in and die as much.  Bots and Thugs. The second level Bot minions shield each other, the other bots(twice) and you.  Cold/FF/Traps are the easier secondaries that give a bunch of defense to minions, plus the unique pet IOs for bonuses help keep them alive.  Leadership pool can help with accuracy and defense too. 

If you keep them on follow and defensive stance, they will attack back what you agro.   Once they get 'survivable' there's less to do as you are not constantly summoning.  If your pets are in the defensive stance and close to you, dame you take is shared with them(body guard mechanic) so you can debuff/pull mobs without telling them to attack.   You can summon all pets now, then use the upgrade powers once each and all pets get their extra powers. 

I'm sure Thermal/Sonic/Dark/Rad/etc. can all be good secondaries.  I don't have much experience with other primaries, besides Mercs.  They have low damage IMO.  

If I am around I will probably bring my Pirate Zombie Captain Jax (Necro/Dark).  Wonder how ugly that build is......

Depending on how things shake out, we can PL people a few levels before/after Saturday's run or Sunday. 

Thanks so much for the information! I made a Thugs / Time Manipulation MM yesterday named Tater Tots 🙂 I'll level her up this coming week. I can't wait to play with her and see what she does 😄 I'm going to do some research to see if there is any way to customize the thugs so I can make them women instead of men. That would be very cool. I'm also looking at the numpad key binds. Looks like a lot of work to set up, but useful once you do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

😄 Sounds like I'll be rolling a new MM over on Indom and grinding up to Numina levels.

Great!

Note that this week, September 5th, is the all radiation Renault SF, if you'd like to join that.

September 12th is the all MM Numina. I jumped the gun a little bit posting about that one before the current one is in the can. So you don't need to grindy grind; we have a week and a half for till that one.

Rich

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thanks so much for the information! I made a Thugs / Time Manipulation MM yesterday named Tater Tots 🙂 I'll level her up this coming week. I can't wait to play with her and see what she does 😄 I'm going to do some research to see if there is any way to customize the thugs so I can make them women instead of men. That would be very cool. I'm also looking at the numpad key binds. Looks like a lot of work to set up, but useful once you do.

I think on another server you can use your costume slots for minion appearances, but not on Homecoming. 

2 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Great!

Note that this week, September 5th, is the all radiation Renault SF, if you'd like to join that.

September 12th is the all MM Numina. I jumped the gun a little bit posting about that one before the current one is in the can. So you don't need to grindy grind; we have a week and a half for till that one.

Rich

Thank you; I did make note of the date as I can be a bit of a slow leveler between altitis, school, and a kid, but I'm hoping having a goal in mind will speed up the process. 😄

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 4:28 AM, socom242 said:

I have a Bots/FF MM named "Frontline Assembly" ready to join, Tier 3'd and fully slotted 😄

Is that a reference to the industrial band of the same name? Cuz if so, hell yeah! I meet very few people who know the good stuff. Haven't been down the industrial rabbit hole in a while. Might need to dig some out

Moved my beast/kin who was level 31 over to Indom for Saturday the 12th. 🙂 Then did a few missions and a Moonfire TF on her and got Kincatic up to 34, so I should have no problem having her ready, lol. Though if we have another beast/kin user I'm happy to level up a different combo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Enigmatus said:

Is that a reference to the industrial band of the same name? Cuz if so, hell yeah! I meet very few people who know the good stuff. Haven't been down the industrial rabbit hole in a while. Might need to dig some out

Yup!!! 😀 one of my favorites. Got some other alts based on songs of theirs too

• Like 1

Had a suggestion during MSR last night. How about an ALL DARKNESS TF??? It could be any AT, as long as the Primary Power is Darkness, or if possible BOTH Powers Darkness!!!

I have a Dark/Dark Scrapper "Blackrazor" but I'd like to try another maybe a Defender or Troller.

Just a thought 😁😁😁

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, socom242 said:

Had a suggestion during MSR last night. How about an ALL DARKNESS TF??? It could be any AT, as long as the Primary Power is Darkness, or if possible BOTH Powers Darkness!!!

I have a Dark/Dark Scrapper "Blackrazor" but I'd like to try another maybe a Defender or Troller.

Just a thought 😁😁😁

That's a solid idea. I have a couple higher level darks (MM and sentinel) that could go for that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, socom242 said:

Just a thought 😁😁😁

I have a dark/dark/dark defender who also had void (dark) but she is geared for 50 content...no attuned and lots of boosters lol...but she does tank and kick assets 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, socom242 said:

Just a thought 😁😁😁

That sounds like fun! I'll have to start thinking about dark powersets to work on. 🙂

• Like 2