Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

3 hours ago, Enigmatus said:

Tons of fun today on the TF! I'm loving these so much (Sorry I don't talk much during, but I love the banter. It's hard for me to play and type. Multitasking is not my strong suit lol)

Glad you are having fun with us, and we don't mind you being the "strong silent type"... carry on! 😁

• Like 3

Some pics from "bag of skittles" Lady Grey today 🙂 

Saturday, 8/22/2020.

ladygrey1.JPG.fdcad52874a226e1f6799e5e2a706f32.JPG

ladygrey2.JPG.0fd939ef4be52fd1cf2b79b0cd6d3ebc.JPG

The moment I leveled my first sentinel to 50:

ladygrey3.JPG.a44443e475d8293c481284b1c6d1ae7f.JPG

ladygrey4.JPG.359303d32dce9a66ce90f072b2b66a06.JPG

Planning... strategizing....

ladygrey5.JPG.15457d45f6bf785efccaa53ee38ad246.JPG

Teamwork!

ladygrey6.JPG.580d37503c5c3280077e477451a3ce12.JPG

ladygrey7.JPG.25158f168917bb08074800fe783b5e64.JPG

ladygrey8.JPG.1979049516069ea5cfdae1f01fa8149a.JPG

Edited by Midnyte
To add event date.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Enigmatus said:

Tons of fun today on the TF! I'm loving these so much (Sorry I don't talk much during, but I love the banter. It's hard for me to play and type. Multitasking is not my strong suit lol)

I'll level my stalker Icewolf for next week (Ice/Invuln)...or maybe roll something new. 5 pages of alts is not nearly enough

How did your fresh build work out for Enigmatus?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

How did your fresh build work out for Enigmatus?

Really, really well. I could not for the life of me remember how I had him built in Mids before I lost everything, so I had to start from scratch. I'm very happy with it so far. Great for blapping or pure ranged depending on the situation. It was a bit expensive to build, but most worthwhile builds are lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

The next one will be animal themed Manticore! Level 30+. Cat Girls welcomed! Fish Folk. Tiger Men.  Cow People. Bunny Warrriors. Whatever fits the bill. If you don't think you'll have someone that level by the, you can always recostume and rename a character temporarily. (Don't forget to save the real name though!)

Thanks for the idea! I had a level 30 psi brute that has been sitting for a while with no concept. She is now Psycho Kitty. I'm in for next week! 😸

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

Do you all like themes of this sort more or less than themes like "all sentinels" or "all stalkers?" Or maybe it doesn't matter so much.

Any theme is a good theme.  All stalker, all electric, all hat....whatever you can come up with.  Gives a good reason to rotate some semi-retired toons into the mix 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TraumaTrain said:

Awesome. I definitely want to get a group screenshot of all the characters for this one.

Do you all like themes of this sort more or less than themes like "all sentinels" or "all stalkers?" Or maybe it doesn't matter so much.

Yeah, I'm good with any theme really. The all stalker/sentinel on paper sounds bland, but they were ridiculous fun and I would do it again for sure at some point. And today's was really great too.

Super looking forward to next week.

Decided on Psi/elec instead of rad even though rad is my favorite armor set in the game. Elec was just more thematically appropriate for my cyborg bird man lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not loving my new guy. I may reroll. Good thing I have all week lol

Update: Ok, I've settled on a Katana/Rad Brute. The Toxic Samoorai...he's a cow...ya know...in case that wasn't obvious 🤪

Edited by Enigmatus
  • Haha 2

Everyone is being so creative with their names and builds! I didn't name mine based on the Saber Tooth Tiger; however, now that I think of it, I probably should have rolled up a Satana Scrapper or something like that. I based the name on her powers which are electric/electric and found an article stating Elisheva means electric or lightning.

However, now I'm looking it up again and realized it's a biblical name and can find no other reference stating it means electric: She was the sister-in-law of the king (Moses), the wife of the High Priest (Aaron), her son (Elazar) was the segan (deputy high priest), her grandson (Pinchas) was anointed for war, and her brother (Nachshon) was a prince of the tribe of Judah.

Now I'm wondering if I should rename her something else or roll a different build...hrm....still pondering. Regardless...I will be participating in the animal theme as a Saber Tooth Tiger 🙂

FYI...I forgot to answer this in my last response. I am cool with any type of theme...it doesn't have to be based solely on build, although those are fun too and get me out of my comfort zone of building Emp/(some other power) Controllers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Everyone is being so creative with their names and builds! I didn't name mine based on the Saber Tooth Tiger; however, now that I think of it, I probably should have rolled up a Satana Scrapper or something like that. I based the name on her powers which are electric/electric and found an article stating Elisheva means electric or lightning.

However, now I'm looking it up again and realized it's a biblical name and can find no other reference stating it means electric: She was the sister-in-law of the king (Moses), the wife of the High Priest (Aaron), her son (Elazar) was the segan (deputy high priest), her grandson (Pinchas) was anointed for war, and her brother (Nachshon) was a prince of the tribe of Judah.

Now I'm wondering if I should rename her something else or roll a different build...hrm....still pondering. Regardless...I will be participating in the animal theme as a Saber Tooth Tiger 🙂

FYI...I forgot to answer this in my last response. I am cool with any type of theme...it doesn't have to be based solely on build, although those are fun too and get me out of my comfort zone of building Emp/(some other power) Controllers.

I feel you. On most of my characters I spend a lot of time going back and forth over names. With some I just go with something silly that pops in my head, but most of them take me ages cuz I try to come up with something cool, but that also fits the powersets. Other times though, I specifically make myself not think about their powerset choices because, with some, I can just recolor my powers to fit the theme (doesn't work with everything of course). And sometimes I just go with a name that sounds cool, but could work with anything (like it doesn't necessarily speak to any particular set of powers). I spend more time in character creation (usually) than it takes to level them 🤣

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Enigmatus said:

I feel you. On most of my characters I spend a lot of time going back and forth over names. With some I just go with something silly that pops in my head, but most of them take me ages cuz I try to come up with something cool, but that also fits the powersets. Other times though, I specifically make myself not think about their powerset choices because, with some, I can just recolor my powers to fit the theme (doesn't work with everything of course). And sometimes I just go with a name that sounds cool, but could work with anything (like it doesn't necessarily speak to any particular set of powers). I spend more time in character creation (usually) than it takes to level them 🤣

Yes! This is what happens to me too. I love the costume builder and being able to customize to fit any theme. There are so many awesome options out there and you could make millions of toons and have every single one of them be different.

BTW, I just renamed her to Catrina 😄 Fits the theme without being too obvious! I was really surprised to find that name was not taken.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Yes! This is what happens to me too. I love the costume builder and being able to customize to fit any theme. There are so many awesome options out there and you could make millions of toons and have every single one of them be different.

BTW, I just renamed her to Catrina 😄 Fits the theme without being too obvious! I was really surprised to find that name was not taken.

That is surprising. Nice catch! Love it when that happens

• Like 1

I'll admit most of my alts tend to fall into a few categories, how does this pair with Claws?, I don't have an alt with that power set, I don't have that arch type on this account. And the costume/concept tends to be on the bland side.  Unless I find something awesome to 'borrow' like the snowman costume from the Bloody Comic Con farm for Jax Frost.  So I don't have a lot of strong options for 'animals/robot/random dude' type themes.  But those are fun themes to keep in the mix.  I just may have something in the works for Saturday.....

I do much prefer the types of themes that challenge the traditional tank/healer/dps mind set MMOs can get into. My old SG was a bunch of soloers with a few that refused to solo.  We rarely had a lot of members online at once so we had planned days for off shoot groups on other servers that were Defender only and Tanker only.   We did run a lot of Scrapper only TFs from our main SG.

As long as people keep showing up I say the themes are working.

Other ideas....

All Elemental (Water/Fire/Wind/Earth)

All Melee

All Ranged

All Summoners (Pets from Patron Pools count as long as they can be summoned on the TF/SF)

No Weapons Allowed

Mass Confusion (Anyone with a Confuse, Fear, or Placate type power)

Collateral Damage - Bring your best AoEers 

Bye Week - No Theme this week, bland heroes only

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't much care for how I had my Staff/Rad Stalker built, but then again I hadn't played him since last fall maybe.  One of those I should have a Stalker and try out 2 sets I haven't played before. 

Got the idea idea to try Energy Melee again, but the cast times on the big hitters got thinking it would be to far from my wheel house.  I skip Evis all the time, the only Claws power with a long recharge. 

Think I've settled on Ice/Shield for my second Homecoming Stalker and first on my 2nd account.  Maybe he'll fit into an upcoming theme.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

I didn't much care for how I had my Staff/Rad Stalker built, but then again I hadn't played him since last fall maybe.  One of those I should have a Stalker and try out 2 sets I haven't played before. 

Got the idea idea to try Energy Melee again, but the cast times on the big hitters got thinking it would be to far from my wheel house.  I skip Evis all the time, the only Claws power with a long recharge. 

Think I've settled on Ice/Shield for my second Homecoming Stalker and first on my 2nd account.  Maybe he'll fit into an upcoming theme.  

You'll be happy with that. Ice/Shield is one of stalker's strongest combos

• Like 2

Great suggestions, Jax!

I am definitely considering an all mastermind TF (I would include illusion controllers in that too). An all defender TF, or maybe all defenders and corruptors, would be awesome.

I would like an all radiation TF. That opens up possibilities a bit since many ATs have a radiation based power set in them.

All animal themes is quirky. The theme can be met with just costume and name, or can also be met with particular power sets. There are a lot of published heroes and villains that have some kind of animal theme. Batman, Black Panther, Squirrel Girl, Animal Man, Beast Boy, Beast, Lizard, Rhino, Toad, Howard the Duck, Penguin, Catwoman, Black Cat, Diamondback... so many more. (I didn't include insect theme people either.) In universe, you have Manticore, Chimera, Mynx, Bobcat. (A little bit of cheating there.)

Power sets that easily lend well to animal themes would include Claws, Savage Melee, Spines, Savage Assault, Martial Arts, Beast Mastery, Widow.

I have decided I'll be playing my dude Man-Orca, a Sonic/Sonic defender. (Not his Praetorian double: Killer Man-Orca, a Sonic sentinel.)

• Like 4

I've got my Elec/Elec Defender (Troller? I can't remember...it's one of those two) named Catrina. She's a hybrid human/saber tooth tiger. I will be there!

An old-fashioned saloon themed bar maid during the day, Catrina lets her cat out to play at night, hunting down the forces of evil. She’s a hybrid between human and saber toothed tiger…long thought to be extinct. Her tiger clan is known for their ability to harness electricity and use it to entrap their prey, causing hearts to stop beating due to the shock. Have you seen her in action? She mobilizes her powers to paralyze, knockdown, and drain the endurance of her foes, while passing it on to help her fellow heroes. She’s got a little bit of everything, is a team player, and is ready to help bring order back to the Paragon cities. Rawr!!!!!

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Like 4