Super Pack Super Dump

Neogumbercules

OK so I capped out my influence and couldn't decide on what build I wanted to spend all that money on (thinking my DB/DA scrapper) but I'm always so indecisive so I decided instead I would play around.

I emptied out my inventory, took 1 billion influence and...

image.thumb.png.450b9554858236f847737571f37e890c.png

Spent it all on Heroes/Villians packs. Later on when I have the chance I'll open them all up and find out what I got!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

Spent it all on Heroes/Villians packs. Later on when I have the chance I'll open them all up and find out what I got!

Great! We need all the ATOs in supply we can get! With 100 you should end up with about 110  to 120 ATOs. Remember, turn those reward merits into Enhancement Converters and brain sotrms into rare salvage and sell them all for a nice profit. 

Oh, and beware of carpal tunnel...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Troyusrex said:

Great! We need all the ATOs in supply we can get! With 100 you should end up with about 110  to 120 ATOs. Remember, turn those reward merits into Enhancement Converters and brain sotrms into rare salvage and sell them all for a nice profit. 

Oh, and beware of carpal tunnel...

Should I catalyze the Brute IOs? I'd have to spend some unslotters. 

OK the results....

• 1780 Brain Storm Ideas
  • 17 Enhancement Boosters
  • 16 Enhancement Catalysts
  • 159 Enhancement Converters
  • 121 Enhancement Unslotters
  • 1225 Reward Merits
  • 126 Archetype Enhancements
  • 104 Special Inspirations
  • A bunch of shitty temp powers, respecs, and tailor sessions

From the Brainstorm Ideas and Reward Merits I made

• 89 Rare Salvage
  • 3660 Converters

Not counting the ATOs I'm thinking of posting the rare salvage all for 450k each and the converters for 70k maybe so from that I'll get (not counting AH fees)

• 40,050,000 for the salvage
  • 267,330,000 for the converters

I think I'm pretty much guaranteed to turn a profit once I get through all these.

• Like 1

The Rogue and Vigilante Super Packs contain other alternative class of ATOs.  Basically, H&VSP contain the ATOs with a naming convention which uses the Archetype name, while the R&VSPs contain the ATOs which have names like "Mark of Supremecy (Mastermind)."  Based on the last time I looked, the H&VSP ATOs tend to have more supply and the R&VSP ATOs have more demand.  To that end, I figure the latter Packs would be more useful than the former.

Granted, I haven't checked that again in months, so it may have changed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

The Rogue and Vigilante Super Packs contain other alternative class of ATOs.  Basically, H&VSP contain the ATOs with a naming convention which uses the Archetype name, while the R&VSPs contain the ATOs which have names like "Mark of Supremecy (Mastermind)."  Based on the last time I looked, the H&VSP ATOs tend to have more supply and the R&VSP ATOs have more demand.  To that end, I figure the latter Packs would be more useful than the former.

Ah that makes sense. I'll give it a shot with those if I do make profit after all this selling. 

They have GOT to put a "Claim All" button on stacked character items. 

10 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Don't forget you can convert within ATO AT type for 2 converters, so you can change a H&V to a R&V.  I wouldn't call it a huge money maker, but it is profitable.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Neogumbercules said:

They have GOT to put a "Claim All" button on stacked character items. 

No, no they don't.

Congrats on your experiment.

Spending resources on unintended edge cases.. that's just a silly expectation. There are a slew of things more pressing that effect more folks.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hey now!   I don't even muck about with the market or the Super Packs other than to hand them out as prizes at events, but they really -should- implement a Claim All button.  Low development resource quality of life features are always a good thing to prioritize.  The little things add up and generally have a bigger net positive impact than one large update that appeals to roughly the same number of players that three of seven of those small updates appealed to.

Don't focus solely on the small quality of life things, of course, as the big updates can generate more "hype," which results in positive optics, but one of the BEST things about the Legacy Devs is that they did not neglect the Little Things.  Every major update plugged a feature gap hole here, or built a bridge of convenience there.  The Homecoming Team would definitely do well to followi nthat particular tradition.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Low development resource quality of life features are always a good thing to prioritize.  The little things add up and generally have a bigger net positive impact than one large update that appeals to roughly the same number of players that three of seven of those small updates appealed to.

Don't focus solely on the small quality of life things, of course, as the big updates can generate more "hype," which results in positive optics, but one of the BEST things about the Legacy Devs is that they did not neglect the Little Things.  Every major update plugged a feature gap hole here, or built a bridge of convenience there.  The Homecoming Team would definitely do well to followi nthat particular tradition.

Oh how I long for getting my development team to realize this.  I have been pounding at it for five years and the UI for our software still looks like 1995.  The sad part is that there are options to make it look current already built into the software, but the customer has to go enable it instead of it being the default behavior.  It would literally take 2 hours of programming to give the user a choice on startup of using a more modern looking UI.    SMH

Edited by Ura Hero
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

Oh how I long for getting my development team to realize this.  I have been pounding at it for five years and the UI for our software still looks like 1995.  The sad part is that there are options to make it look current already built into the software, but the customer has to go enable it instead of it being the default behavior.  It would literally take 2 hours of programming to give the user a choice on startup of using a more modern looking UI.    SMH

Are you me? We have a very complex app we built in-house in winforms and it is awful. I've taught myself WPF and made huge strides in developing better UI practices but... no one cares. Oh well.

Update on my Super Dump: I've made back a little bit more than 60% of my money and I still have 63 ATOs for sale and 2000 converters. It's starting to look like I'll be able to get that investment back.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

My spouse just listed 270'ish ATOs, 3000+ Converters, 1500~ Unslotters, and 300~ Boosters for 1 each.

I think she just crashed the Unslotter market too.

Oh yeah!  And 300+ Rare Salvage.

Thanks.. off to see what the Black Market has provided today.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Well I'm back up to 1.914 billion, so I'll call that close enough. I still have 32 ATOs on the market. If they all sell I'll make about 200 million profit. So, was it worth all that clicking? Eh, considering it took very little RNG and I didn't have to play converter roulette too much, I'd say yeah I'd do it again. It was different, and fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neogumbercules said:

It was different, and fun.

Right! It's something both profitable and different. Do it long enough and you'll figure out ways to streamline the process and reduce the number of clicks (reduce, not  eliminate).

Also, you'll find that those "shitty temp powers" are actually nice to have. I love the defense amplifier, and Experienced, but they are all good. Respecs and tailor sessions, on the other hand, really are shitty. 

The inspirations are underrated but great. Remember you can get them any time anywhere from character items (may be a very few exceptions, but not many). Popping a bunch of team enhancements to damage on a Hami raid, or team break frees on an ITF can make a big difference. It's kind of like how the natural gas oil wells give off used to be thought of as the waste, but actually has a lot of value in and of itself (not enough value to drill the well in the first place, but worth using). 

21 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

I'm posting all of my ATOs on the AH for 6.5 mill and my Converters for 70k even. All you ebil people can use that information as you please.

My ATOs at 8 mil (well, a bit under) are still selling well. You might consider a higher selling price. Then again, at the price you have you still have a profit and they go quickly.

Yeah I was thinking about that for next time. Are the inspirations worth anything on the market? I'm not going to go crazy converting ATOs but I think I'll be converting at least the Defenders Bastions and Mark of Supremecy. They are the only ones left on my list that haven't sold. 

My twisted mind is wondering if I should PL one of each AT to 50 so I can easily catalyze and sell the more expensive versions... 

Edited by Neogumbercules

18 minutes ago, Neogumbercules said:

Yeah I was thinking about that for next time. Are the inspirations worth anything on the market? I'm not going to go crazy converting ATOs but I think I'll be converting at least the Defenders Bastions and Mark of Supremecy. They are the only ones left on my list that haven't sold. 

Hmm, I always found that the Mark of Supremacy was the MM set that was the better seller.  To the point where I'll buy cheap Command of the Mastermind, convert to MoS and make a few mm.

I'm surprised that MoS is a poor seller, especially at the low low price of 6.5mm.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata

Who run Bartertown?

5 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Hmm, I always found that the Mark of Supremacy was the MM set that was the better seller.  To the point where I'll buy cheap Command of the Mastermind, convert to MoS and make a few mm.

I'm surprised that MoS is a poor seller, especially at the low low price of 6.5mm.

Maybe I got the names mixed up.

Edit: Yeah I got them mixed up CotMM is what I'm sitting on. I might pull them down and convert.

Edited by Neogumbercules